only day 2 and think i may have blown it

Little Noo

i only replace my lunch with a slimfast shake but today had the shake for evening meal and its totally messed me up!:cry:

i had cereal for brekkie, then two snack a jacks for snack (51 cals each so only 2 cals over). so not too bad so far.

then my OH decided to make a sandwich and wanted me to join him so i decided to have my shake later on whilst he was out and ate lunch with him.

im guessing the sandwich was about 300 cals, guessing at 100 cals each for the bread (a fresh loaf but v small pieces so 200 cals for the bread) the meat was about 30 cals per piece (x2 so 60 cals) and then the butter on top i imagine makes up to about 300.

then i had a snack a jack and a banana as a snack (which i guess is around 140 cals)

then had my shake for dinner

and then it goes bad... i am really bored coz im home alone and ended up having a cereal bar (60 cals) and then ANOTHER SANDWICH! omg i cannot believe it, plus i havnt done exercise today. i feel like a failure! :cry:

all in all i think i have had around 1300 cals today which is way too much for me. is it possible to wipe the slate clean and get back on track tomorrow without ruining the whole diet? i actually feel abit ill coz ive eaten too much.

and think i may have to bite the bullet and replace two meals with slimfast. maybe this way il be able to be stricter with myself?

well we would all be fibbers if we didnt own up to days just like yours, i know i have done it but the trick is not to give up because of today. so yep wipe the slate clean and have a good day tomorrow.

Keep your chin up your not alone, we have all been there/ are there with you :)
(if you catch my drift ) not sure sure i catch it half the time but hayho

Last edited:
Hey darlin,

The only thing you can do really is laugh at yourself and move on. :)

For example, last night, i really really wanted chocolate. See, I'm ok if it's out of sight. But my boss bought this giant chocolate sheet cake on Friday for a co-workers birthday and there is tons left. All day yesterday, she had it sitting out trying to encourage people to eat it. I held out, but barely. And by the time night had come, I was dying. My brother had bought me some chocolate for V-day and there was still some left.

So imagine me, sitting in my room.. in the dark... my 2 year old daughter sleeping next to me, watching tv on mute, and scarfing down the rest of the chocolates. :8855:

I needed to get rid of them. Of course the logical thing would be to throw them out, but hey.. can't waste good chocolate!!

It's important to be able to laugh at yourself. Recognize we are all human, and basically we, being overweight, are dealing with an addiction of sorts to food. Change is hard, and our bodies DO NOT like change. It's a scientific fact. So dust yourself off, and laugh a little. And the next day.... or right now.. get back on the horse and try again. It's all we can do. :)

LR

HI,

It doesn't sound like you have done too much damage. When I am bored and on my own are the times I find it hardest too.
One of the things I am most ashamed of is, after deliberately throwing some lovely crusty fresh french bread in the bin to stop myself eating it, an hour later foraging around in the bin and eating it, covered in orange peel and tea bags and god knows what else.

I am sure lots of other people may have done similar things but god, you do hate yourself for a while!!:sigh:

Let it spur u on! You don't wanna feel like this again, so learn from it and just stick at it, we all have our moments! I had pizza hut and a chinky last week lol! But u have to be naughty sometimes! Just remind yourself of ur goal and why you wanna do it and try to stay strong. It is hard tho so don't beat urself up 2 much!! x

Darling!!! :8855:

Really don't worry, it's still under 2000 cals for the day.

I fell off the wagon a couple of weeks ago on my birthday. It was spectacular!! :8855:
Actually I don't think I fell off I think I crashed and burned it and had to get a new wagon. :8855:

Don't beat yourself up too much by it, because you will put too much pressure on yourself and all that will do is make you feel worse. So there!! lol

thanks everyone for your words of encouragement!!

I have done what many of you have said and have wiped the slate clean, and am having a good day today.

i am indeed letting this spur me on sacha, i felt so awful last night when i went to bed, i was so full because i didnt really need to eat the sandwich, it was just there.. and, well... i had to have it!

lucyjo, sass and lind, thanks for your honesty! it is good to know that everyone else is in the same boat. i guess we just have to look back at it, (like LR said ->) laugh, and then move on.

i woke up far too late to have breakfast (which is very rare for me but i didnt get to sleep till gone three last nite!) so i had a cup of green tea and have just had a chocolate shake for my lunch. will be having chilli tonight for dinner, but not with rice, with a few plain nachos and lots of salad. apparently this is better for you?

i am also going on a three mile run later!!! :eek:
i dont know if il manage it but will let you know!!

Chili with rice? ew. lol.

Good luck with the run though!!

LR

lol!! what do u usually have with your chillie LR? i dont know of anyone who doesnt have it with rice! lol!!

should be going on my run in about 30 mins, just waiting for it to get dark so so one can see!! :8855: hehe!!

have a good run!! I think I would rather sit on my own with my mother in law whilst pulling out my own teeth than go for a run!! :8855:

Fair play! :D

lol!! what do u usually have with your chillie LR? i dont know of anyone who doesnt have it with rice! lol!!

I don't understand... we don't eat anything with our chili but... the chili! I mean, I know in certain parts of the US they'll top something with Chili... like in Cincinnati, OH, they put chili over pasta. But normally, when you eat a bowl of chili.. that is all it is.

I wonder if your definition of chili is different than mine?:8855:

LR

hi lr, my chilli here is minced beef, kidney beans, onions, garlic and chilli powder, the hotter the better and the good old days had it with a mound of rice with grated cheese on top finished off with loads of garlic bread. yummy! now though, if i can be bothered to weigh it all out i have it just with salad or over a small jacket potato as rice is way too many calories for what you get lol.

i asked my in law and he'd never heard of white chilli either so perhaps its localised to your area but sounds delicious.

my chillie is the same as sparkle wings. didnt miss the rice last night, i thought i would, but it was really nice with loads of rocket salad and afew tortilla chips. and had a banana for pud!

i think its actually called chillie con carne, which is what, spanish? so its mexican? im not sure!

thanks everyone for your words of encouragement!!

I have done what many of you have said and have wiped the slate clean, and am having a good day today.

i am indeed letting this spur me on sacha, i felt so awful last night when i went to bed, i was so full because i didnt really need to eat the sandwich, it was just there.. and, well... i had to have it!

lucyjo, sass and lind, thanks for your honesty! it is good to know that everyone else is in the same boat. i guess we just have to look back at it, (like LR said ->) laugh, and then move on.

i woke up far too late to have breakfast (which is very rare for me but i didnt get to sleep till gone three last nite!) so i had a cup of green tea and have just had a chocolate shake for my lunch. will be having chilli tonight for dinner, but not with rice, with a few plain nachos and lots of salad. apparently this is better for you?

i am also going on a three mile run later!!! :eek:
i dont know if il manage it but will let you know!!

good for you, we all do it life's for living so don't get too hung up on just one day, just keep it to the occasional slip up and you'll be fine.

even though you got up too late for breakfast i think you should still slip in a shake or bar sometime during the day or make up the calories in the evening meal or you could be having too few especially with doing a marathon run :D

i push my breakfast back as late as i can filling up on water and coffee as my risky time is when i'm cooking the kids their tea so have my snacks etc then lol.

well i had my shake for lunch, two snack a jacks for snack, chillie for dinner, and then a banana for pud. im not sure what that would come to in cals, but i didnt feel hungry at all, but i wont miss breakfast again.

i went out for my run, and shortly into it i got really bad abdominal pains and had to stop!! they were realy bad, not sure what they were from, but i thought it was best to just go back inside and have a lie down, and they went after about an hour. off to the gym tomoz so hopefully will have a good work out then.

do u have milk and sugar in your coffee? i wondered if it would be ok for me to have a cuppa with a dash of skimmed milk and 1 sugar? i dont mind using it as a snack! lol!

i drink my coffee black ( i think it reverts back to when i was on another diet :sigh: where the milk counted so decided it wasn't worth it and i've never gone back) so i think it would depend on how much you have in a day to worry about taking it as a snack.

depending on how cold it is outside and what i'm doing i could have up to 5 cups a day but don't work out the calories as its neither here nor there. x

take it easy with the running, was it like a stitch or worse? i saw on telly the other nite that to avoid a stitch you put the other leg down first that you start off with to stop the pain and supposedly it works :eek:

i dont think il have it as a snack then as i only have a cuppa once or twice a day... got to have our little treats havnt we??!

it was kind of like a stitch, only not in my rib cage, in my lower abdominals, just below my tummy button, and more painful. i have some digestive problems so it could have been that. i tried to run through it at first but it didnt go so thought it best to stop, only managed about half a mile!! not doing any exercise today as i dont finish work till 7.

thats a good trick about a stitch, ive not heard it before! i can normally just run through one, just taking deep breaths.

off to gym tomoz, i feel fine now so hope to have a decent work out. :)

hi lr, my chilli here is minced beef, kidney beans, onions, garlic and chilli powder, the hotter the better and the good old days had it with a mound of rice with grated cheese on top finished off with loads of garlic bread. yummy! now though, if i can be bothered to weigh it all out i have it just with salad or over a small jacket potato as rice is way too many calories for what you get lol.

i asked my in law and he'd never heard of white chilli either so perhaps its localised to your area but sounds delicious.

Yea... that is what our chili is too. :confused: We just don't use rice.

White Chili is REALLY good.. I like it better than regular chili.

And yes darling, it's chili con carne.. it is spanish and it means, uh... chili with beef. :8855:

LR

LOL! :8855:

maybe its just a british thing to have it with rice then - might have to try white chilli sometime!

:8855: The differences in what we eat are funny sometimes. When I was in England a few years ago I found that they put butter on everything. Even the tuna sandwiches. I was like :jelous: Im not gonna eat that!! I starved in England... and I was vegetarian at the time too! :8855: To each their own.

Of course, I don't think chili and rice would taste neccessarily bad... but I just wouldn't eat it.

LR

Back