• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Only fat people skip breakfast

Is anyone else reading this book by Lee Janogly ? I'm finding it really good but the one thing she recommends is that you eat protein with every meal..... I tend to go for carbs more than protein !! I'm vegetarian but I do eat fish, however I'm struggling to find lots of different meals with protein. I've decided to make a list to help myself, but if anyone else has some ideas, please feel free to give me a helping hand !!
Here are the meals that I can think of that I like and have protein:

-Fish and veggies, cheese and salad, mixed seeds and salad, avocado and salad.
-Soups with lentils.
-Eggs (all different ways to cook)
-butternut squash curry, lentil mousakka, mixed bean chilli.

Any other ideas ?

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
Hi there, I have just restarted SW and have treated myself to some of their recipe books. Let me know which meals you need ideas for and I shall see what I can come up with. Love books so gonna see if I can find the one you are reading as I am a terror for skipping brekkie!

boncuk

Oh breakfast is so important and this last 10 days I have been dog and cat sitting (like a bloody zoo there are 7 house animals and numerous street animals) so I never have had the time to do my breakfast properly and guess what I havent stuck to the diet properly!

I am a SW EE girl and normally have something along the lines of this:

Breakfast: vegetables on toast or eggs (omelette or on toast), I occaisonally have cereal with yoghurt (although I find eggs keep me full until lunch - the protein takes longer to digest I believe)

Lunch: large salad with boiled new potato salad with tuna and cheese

Dinner: chicken/fish/soya with vegetables and some bulgur/potatoes/pasta

So I guess I am trying to have protein with every meal.

Gobolino, I tend to eat very little meat and find TVP (textured vegetable protein) a great substitute for mince and again its protien :)

Claire xx

vanda

plodding away
Have you tried tofu. It is bland on its own but if you marinade it it takes on the flavours well. It is good with soya sauce, garlic and ginger.

Hi Everyone

Thanks for your ideas for meals containing protein foods. I do like Tofu, Cauldron Foods do a marinated one which is really nice in a stir fry. I'll add Tofu stir fry to my list :)

shelz

Silver Member
I always have a handful of bran flakes, sprinkled with cinnamon with hot water on them. Probably equates to less than 30g as a 500g box can last me anywhere up to 18 days!

livi

Committed Loser
I find breakfast sooooo important. If I don't start eating until around lunchtime, I feel like i can't stop from that point onwards. I snack and snack and snack and it's not necessarily because I'm hungry, but I don't quite know why it is. It's definitely a pattern I've established and I'm so glad I'm aware of it more now starting weight watchers! :)

Breakfast for me is All Bran or Weetabix (healthy extra) and banana (free food) with skimmed milk from my milk allowance. Have only started having breakfast since joining Slimming World - still struggle with this at weekends but trying very hard :cool:

Bran flakes with a handful of sultanas and skimmed milk for me. I must say if I have breakfast first thing I could chew off my own arm by about half 10 and then eat all day so I don't eat breakfast until about 10 or half 10. I find this works for me.

KB x

LVLLM

Gold Member
Im on atkins and brekkie for me is usually eggs and sausages or bacon and maybe some mushrooms too :) all fried lol

I bought this book for my best friend very recently. I have been trying to persuade her to try Atkins for ages now. She finally started last week and is doing well so far, despite a blip the other evening (she ate an Easter Egg, but not the chocolates inside!). She is much more cheerful and energetic and I pointed this out to her. Atkins rules!

I find this an excellent book, and the only "diet" book that I'll recommend.

For breakfast I have:
- One sachet of Oatso Simple. I like doing this because it's pre-measured and I know how many calories it is. I can't suffer portion creep with it.
- or two slices of toast, with Clover. Again, pre-measured, no portion creep.