only half pound loss!

Tracie Lou

Just been to weigh in this morning and as the title says have only lost half pound. I'm Gutted, i know its still a loss but since joining I've been losing 2 to 3 pounds a week and last week i lost 4.5 pounds. I've stuck to plan so i don't know why its gone wrong this week. Feeling very demotivated especially when my mum who had three bottles of wine last week has lost 5 pounds.

Nothing has gone wrong. If you lost 4.5 last week and half this week then you have lost 5lb in a fortnight. If you had lost 2.5lb each week then you wouldn't even be worrying about this week's weigh in.

Don't compare yourself with your mum. she's just got lucky, or possibly used her syns for it!

Dont worry to much about it. if you lose 2lb a week on average over a year thats 112lbs now thats a lot of weight thats how i look at it.

It's hard not to get down by it, but you shouldn't really look at weekly losses as there could be a lot hiding a loss and sometimes we have a week catch up, our bodies are all different, look at it over the fortnight or even the month!

I would definitely look at it as 5lb over two weeks which is great!! Your best losing weight at a steady speed anyway so a pound a week is enough. And everyone is different so don't compare your self to some one else :) A loss is a loss and you should always be positive! Better then having a half pound gain isn't it :D

Thank you all, yes i know i should look at the bigger picture and i have lost 20 lbs in 7 weeks which is great, so im feeling better about now, its all going in right direction anyway.

So averaging 3lb a week? Most of us would be overjoyed with that!!! Always best to look a the overall amount :D

Back