Onwards and downwards... Again!

BeckyT

Always trying!
Here I am back on the diet wagon once again! Earlier this year I successfully got to my target weight of 9st 2lbs after losing 2st 11lbs following slimming world and i stupidly piled all of it back on again... Silly hey...

I really struggle with moderation. My friend always says, 'everything in moderation, including moderation' If only I could! It's all or nothing with me! With that in mind I have decided to give Slimfast a go. My plan is to have shakes for breakfast and lunch and then I look forward to a nice 600 cal evening meal

My weigh in day will be a Friday morning as I know that I will consume more calories on a weekend so I will be able to pull it back during the week. Even though I've chosen Friday as my WI day I have started the diet today as I don't want to put it off for another 3 days as I would have another couple of lbs on top of the 33.5lb I already have to lose, again

B: choc shake
S: small melon and grape box from asda (70cals)
L: choc shake
S: small banana (80 cals)
D: Toby carvery... Beef & turkey, carrots, cauliflower, peas, cabbage, stuffing and gravy tsp cranberry sauce. I will have to guesstimate the cals so I have decided not to have an evening snack just to be on the safe side

I work away from home a lot (which I am doing today hence my meal out). I already have a shake for breakie tomorrow but it won't the same without ice :-(

Day one is officially complete!

Last edited:
Day 2

Well today I have a long drive back up north however hopefully it wont be as long as my drive down south yesterday! I have some raspberries ready in the car to hopefully stop me from getting bored and pulling into a service station and inevitably eating rubbish and a lot of it! My plan for today is....

B: Chocolate shake - I did miss going down and having breakfast in the hotel but that said, i dont feel hungry so it is just a mind thing!
S: Pineapple fingers (86 cals)
L: Chocolate shake
S: Raspberries
D: Steamed haddock served with a splash of home made parsley sauce, carrots, cauliflower and green beans
S: Salt and vinegar Squares from a mutli pack (97 cals)

Exercise: 3.5 mile walk
:chores016:

Last edited:
Day 3

Well I'm on day 3 and I'm still going strong!! ;) After my long drive back up North yesterday I called in at Asda and I have to say it was really refreshing being able to look at the calorie content of meals rather than working out the syns and realising that I can't have something unless I want to up all my syn allowance. I bought a good for you chicken korma with pilau rice and bombay potatoes which comes in at 394 calories! Cant wait to have it tonight mmmm!! I also bought a good for you Thai green curry which is served with rice and roasted veggies which comes in at 356 calories :)

B: Chocolate shake
S: medium banana
S: SF Pretzels or a ww yoghurt
D: Good for you chicken korma with pilau rice and bombay potatoes (394 calories) Think I might have a look to see how many calories a ww mini garlic bread comes in at which is something else I would have chosen not to have on slimming world!
S: Possibly a bag of salt and vinegar squares

Exercise: 4 miles dog walking (7.5miles so far)

Last edited:
You're doing well so far :) the first week or so is hardest but you've only got til tomorrow to see if you've lost and I bet you have.
It'll spur you on, I crave seeing a loss on the scales. Makes me feel so much better than junk food ever did!

Tip : drink loads of water! For the last 3 days I've had about 8 glasses a day and I feel better and have had a mini loss everyday.

Good luck :) x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

toxicsgrl said:
You're doing well so far :) the first week or so is hardest but you've only got til tomorrow to see if you've lost and I bet you have.
It'll spur you on, I crave seeing a loss on the scales. Makes me feel so much better than junk food ever did!

Tip : drink loads of water! For the last 3 days I've had about 8 glasses a day and I feel better and have had a mini loss everyday.

Good luck :) x

Hi hun!

Well as much as I am desperate to jump on the scales I'm thinking I might try and wait until next Friday. If I get weighed tomorrow i will only have been on the plan for 3 days, if there isn't a massive change in the scales I know it will knock my confidence. 10 days is a long time to wait but I'm thinking it might be worth the wait?

Thanks for the water advice, I always try to have 4 pints of water a day. You're right it does help which is why I think I haven't felt hungry and believe me, I can eat when I want to!!!

Good thinking. I did that at the beginning of the month, waited 10 days before weighing and it was worth it, got 4.5 lbs off. You'll prob get more off coz it's your first weigh. X

Day 4

Well the curiosity got the better of me as the scales were calling my name so I just had to hop on... I have lost 2.5lbs after 3 days so all being well I will be heading towards 5lbs for a week.

I think I am going to find today really tough as I was starving yesterday just before dinner and it took everything i had to stay out of the kitchen cupboards. This morning I woke up hungry and I've already had my shake and snack. As a bit in inspiration I ordered a coat from Asda online last night in a size 10 plus I bought a dress on Wednesday also in a size 10. I cant give in as I will just end up piling on even more weight and I think 35.5lbs in 6 months is more than enough. Non of my wardrobe fits so i HAVE to do this....

B: Chocolate shake
S: WW lemon and lime yoghurt
S: SF Pretzels
D: I havent decided yet however it will be a choice between a Thai green curry with rice and roasted veggies or 2 smoked haddock fishcakes with mature cheddar and mustard cheese ( 442 for both cakes) with a large salad
S: Salt and vinegar squares (97 cals)

Today is going to soooooooo hard but i will just have to keep thinking of my end goal and carry on with me 4 pints of water

Dog walking today will either be 3.5 miles or I might decide to walk over to the in laws later which will be a further 2.5 miles so 6 miles in total

That's brill :) i knew you'd see a loss :) are u on myfitnesspal? X

Sort of, if I don't know the calorie content of something I will use it to check...

It sounds daft but it's a but disheartening only seeing 2.5lbs but I have to remember its only been 3 days!!!

Well as predicted Friday was a tough day and I went off plan for the rest of the weekend. I think the morale to the story is for me to stay off of the scales!

Back on it today and I'm looking forward to my choccy shake. I'd not mentioned to my hubby that I'd been having the slimfast shakes as I think I felt a bit silly after all the hardwork I'd put in with SW and getting to my target weight. I think i just expected him to think it was another one of my fads. Anyway he found a load of the powdered shakes I'd bought in bulk and he just asked me if they taste nice. Now I won't need to worry at the weekend when I have a shake for breaky!

Will post my food in a bit x

Ok so today's food diary will be...

B: Chocolate shake, pint of lemon water
S: Small vanilla yoghurt and a handful of raspberries
S: Melon or yoghurt and raspberries
D: Tuna mayo salad
S: Salt and vinegar squares
I think I need to be a bit smarter as to what I have for my 100 calorie snacks. As much as I love the SF pretzels they don't fill me up so I think I will try and have more low calorie yoghurts and berries as it will look and feel more satisfying... I will save me crisps/pretzels for an evening snack

Dog walking 3.5 miles

I think I am going to avoid the scales until the 14th seen as how I had a rubbish weekend food wise...

Well yesterday was a successful day... whoop whoop! :p

I switched things around a little bit by having fruit and yoghurt for breakfast and then I have my shake around 10'ish so it doesn't feel like i'm just having a shake for breakfast. I don't suppose it really matters, I'm just tricking my mind!

Today's food will be...

B: raspberries and low fat natural yoghurt, warn lemon water
S: Chocolate shake
L: Half a melon
S: Chocolate shake
D: Smoked cobbler served with carrot and swede mash, green beans, cabbage and cauliflower.
S: Salt and vinegar squares

Hubby is on a course in Harrogate and he wont be home until late so I will have my dinner earlier tonight as he wants something quick when he gets in.

Oh, I tired the banana shake yesterday and it was nice but quite sweet which is a shame as I have 3 tubs of the stuff! I'm thinking about having one scoop chocolate and one scoop banana, any thoughts? :eek:

Dog walking later today

15 minutes completed on my vibration plate and 3.5 mile walk at lunchtime with the pooch

Size 8-10 here I come (again!!)

Well done hun you are doing so well, there are a few people here who mix the shakes together and really enjoy them, my favourite is the strawberry shake, but I have mixed the vanilla and chocolate together not my most favourite but it's just try it and see!
If you are feeling hungry I would try and get as much as you can for the 100 cal snacks and also keep it as healthy as possible for example I know that a banana or apple fills me more than melon or grapes, and if I want to nibble, something like a low cal cracker with extra light cheese triangle and a pickled onion, carrot sticks and cucumber makes me feel I have eaten a lot more than I have!
Don't let what you consider small losses demotivate you, 1/2 a pound off is going in the right direction it's better off than on, and 2 1/2 lb off in 3 days is fantastic!! I know that's easier said than done but a loss per week soon adds up to those stones!
As slimmers I think the majority are the same, the weight slowly creeps on over months or years, but when we diet we want it all gone within a matter of a few weeks.
I've come to the reality now that weight is always going to be an issue in my life, when I get to goal I won't be able to rest on my laurels, it will be a constant battle to stay there, I've proved this time and time again, the odd bad habit creeps back in and because it's not in the forefront of my mind it doesn't matter!
Besides you have to keep motivated now as you have ordered new clothes and it won't be long till you ate in them x

mcv said:
Well done hun you are doing so well, there are a few people here who mix the shakes together and really enjoy them, my favourite is the strawberry shake, but I have mixed the vanilla and chocolate together not my most favourite but it's just try it and see!
If you are feeling hungry I would try and get as much as you can for the 100 cal snacks and also keep it as healthy as possible for example I know that a banana or apple fills me more than melon or grapes, and if I want to nibble, something like a low cal cracker with extra light cheese triangle and a pickled onion, carrot sticks and cucumber makes me feel I have eaten a lot more than I have!
Don't let what you consider small losses demotivate you, 1/2 a pound off is going in the right direction it's better off than on, and 2 1/2 lb off in 3 days is fantastic!! I know that's easier said than done but a loss per week soon adds up to those stones!
As slimmers I think the majority are the same, the weight slowly creeps on over months or years, but when we diet we want it all gone within a matter of a few weeks.
I've come to the reality now that weight is always going to be an issue in my life, when I get to goal I won't be able to rest on my laurels, it will be a constant battle to stay there, I've proved this time and time again, the odd bad habit creeps back in and because it's not in the forefront of my mind it doesn't matter!
Besides you have to keep motivated now as you have ordered new clothes and it won't be long till you ate in them x

Never a truer word spoken!!

You are right, the only person that can make me lose weight and get back to target, is me! If I give up I will never get back into my lovely clothes in the wardrobe or the coat I picked up yesterday x

Well today I am working from the office. It's funny but I always used to think that working from home was hard as there was too much temptation and sometimes boredom however now I think it's harder working in the office! It's funny how your thoughts and behaviours change if you let them

Had a shake and natural yoghurt and raspberries this morning and I have half a melon and a shake for later. I have heard rumours that there is a buffet lunch on order which I will do my best to avoid or select very, very carefully

Dinner to to tonight will probably be smoked cobbler and loads of fresh veg again I think

Just being nosey, and I coukldnt help but smile, I have never eaten so much natural yoghurt in my life :D since last Saturday!!! I have 100ml every day with a peach or a clementine chopped in. My other new found food is cottage cheese, it isnt gross, thought it would be but it is not!

I understand the temptation, I work in an office 2.5 days a week the rest of the time I'm a stay at home mummy and its soooooo hard esp when the kiddies want tempting foods!

I kinda went a bit made and explained to hubby if I was going to lose weight and be full up I needed to buy loads of healthy low fat foods (brown rice, fresh veg, oat cakes, nat yog, goats cheese, fruit, LOADS of chicken breasts) and everyone had to support me in the house....I've now introduced yummy cheese biscuits (1 oat cake and laughing cow light cheese triangle) to my kids and frozen yoghurt which they beleive is ice cream......I've been on 2 weeks annual leave and next week I go back, and I'm worried about how i'll be in the office as usually I want to eat everything at one go when i'm at work eeeek...

Bambalina11 said:
Just being nosey, and I coukldnt help but smile, I have never eaten so much natural yoghurt in my life :D since last Saturday!!! I have 100ml every day with a peach or a clementine chopped in. My other new found food is cottage cheese, it isnt gross, thought it would be but it is not!

I understand the temptation, I work in an office 2.5 days a week the rest of the time I'm a stay at home mummy and its soooooo hard esp when the kiddies want tempting foods!

I kinda went a bit made and explained to hubby if I was going to lose weight and be full up I needed to buy loads of healthy low fat foods (brown rice, fresh veg, oat cakes, nat yog, goats cheese, fruit, LOADS of chicken breasts) and everyone had to support me in the house....I've now introduced yummy cheese biscuits (1 oat cake and laughing cow light cheese triangle) to my kids and frozen yoghurt which they beleive is ice cream......I've been on 2 weeks annual leave and next week I go back, and I'm worried about how i'll be in the office as usually I want to eat everything at one go when i'm at work eeeek...

Hi ya honey

I user to think working from home was harder but now I've found it harder being in the office so, as a result, today was a mahoooosive fail :-(. It's silly really because I love the shakes on SF.

Im currently having a glad of wine or 2 with the hubby to celebrate him passing his exams so that he can do his MOT course and tomorrow I am back in the office so not sure what that will bring

Which oar cakes do you

Sorry my phone went wappy!

Which oat cakes do you have for lunch? When I was in SF, I used to make my own roasted tomatoe an red pepper soup, it's a bit tricky to work out the calories however there can't be much more than 100 in a serving so I may take some to work with me tomorrow.... I am full of good intentions however I have an awful lot of clothes to get back into and only a handful of 'fat' clothes that I have bought that fit!

Yeah they are called Nairnshire oatcakes, I've got the fine milled ones and they are 36cal per cake, I have 2 with 1 laughing cow light triangle and a bit of black pepper comes in at 97 cals, really nice, bought them at sainsburys. Ah Hun i think it's getting past the first stone which makes it all so difficult, I think it's a constant battle until that then after it becomes more like life again, the sad part is I think I'll have to calorie count the rest of my life :( as I always misjudge even when I get to goal just so I dont end up like this again!!

On a positive note you have a freaking great wardrobe that your going to look HOT in by Xmas :D I'll be hot in all the new clothes I'm going to buy boxing day sales woooooo!!!!! x

Back