Consolidation Open Diary - Consolidation Menus

Thank you. I was getting seriously worried about it as loosing weight has not been an issue for many, many years! I am finding the transition between cruise and consolidation more tricky than I could have imagined. I have started reading your diary, bit by bit and it is helping. I have no desire to be a skinny minnie, just comfortable and I was getting a bit concerned that the weight kept coming off. Been naughty this weekend and a pound has crept on and for some strange reason that makes me quite happy!

Well I survived the camping trip and did pretty well sticking to conso although i did have a bread roll but haven't reintroduced bread so far so hoping that won't affect me too much. The only thing i've really changed is the fact that I have an apple every day, I'm too scared to have bread and cheese. I did enjoy my gala meal though of fish and chips, it was a miniscule portion but i also had a piece of cheesecake from a farmers market. I won't dare get on the scales this week!

today's menu

B gallette and dry fried mushrooms
L cottage cheese and an apple
D Tuna steak and salad
S sugar free jelly, rhubarb and fat free yoghurt

Today:

B: Rye Crispbread and 40grm Cheese
L: Chicken and veg, steamed in the microwave
S: Nectarine and Cottage Cheese (first nectarine of the year for me!)
D: Roast Beef and veg with a gallette pretending to be a yorkshire pud!

Thank you. I was getting seriously worried about it as loosing weight has not been an issue for many, many years! I am finding the transition between cruise and consolidation more tricky than I could have imagined. I have started reading your diary, bit by bit and it is helping. I have no desire to be a skinny minnie, just comfortable and I was getting a bit concerned that the weight kept coming off. Been naughty this weekend and a pound has crept on and for some strange reason that makes me quite happy!

You're very welcome, Poppy.

I can really relate to your post. I felt exactly the same. After years of finding it increasingly more difficult to lose weight, I suddenly couldn't stop! It can be a little scary and was certainly unexpected.

It was so weird to be posting on the official weigh-in thread things like, "Hurray, I've put on 1lb!" :eek:

I really think that you'll find your level. After all, the Dukan goal weight may not be entirely accurate as everyone is different.

Do try increasing not-so-harmful things such as your bread allowance if you feel the need, though. I'm sure that it worked for me. And, of course, it's very nice to have a little more bread to play with for making sandwiches, etc. :)

Ok, today not brilliant but not bad. I didn't wake up until 10am due to the little sleeping in so I didn't bother with breakfast. Must set an alarm!

L - 2 ryvitas with cream cheese, small slice of courgette and red onion frittata (whole thing has 2 days allowance of cheese, I ate maybe 1/8th) bit of chicken breast.
D - Chicken casserole and for a treat, Muller light vanilla. I will have my galette with a small amount of grated cheese on it (I LOVE THAT).
S - some green beans, fresh from the garden, apple, plain yoghurt.

I have my neice coming to stay for the week and her brother and mother will arrive on Sunday too. I have made a menu and tried to plan as best I can. My only concern is whether she will eat it or not as she eats no vegetables except roast potatoes (those are her words). Last time I ended up in carb hell but this time I think I will be more insistent on some proper food. My 3 year old cannot understand the no vegetables! She keeps saying that she is going to pick some green beans/peas for Maisie. Wish me luck!

Poppy03 - good luck with the family visit!

My menu today

B: Gallette, small fruit salad (melon and strawberries), yogurt, tea
S: Roast Beef (I cooked a large joint on Monday - it's going to last almost a week!)
L: Bread roll with beef, spring onions and rocket
S: Greek yogurt with .5 of a toffee muller
D: chicken and veg curry, cheese

My first PP day on conso (boring)

B Galette
L cottage cheese and tuna
D king prawn skewers
S sugar free jelly, fat free yoghurt, crabsticks

Conso still going ok for me and I've reintroduced bread but have noticed I'm having some tummy pain and bloating, don't know whether it will settle so not sure whether to carry on with the bread or stop to see if it resolves. Really enjoying the cheese portion and my fruit though:D

today

B gallette with dry fried mushrooms
L cottage cheese and salad
D salmon and roasted veggies
S nectarine,crabsticks, sugar free jelly, fat free yoghurt,
cheese on toast

Loushu

I get similar symptoms with bread! In fact, I've stopped buying it, and eat finncrisp rye crispbreads instead.

You might get on better either with non-chorleywood bread (eg - real sourdough) or with other grains (rye or spelt) or by swapping to crispbreads/wholegrain crackers.

Today.

B: Galette, crispbread, cheese, tea

L: cottage cheese, salad

D: roast chicken, steamed cauliflower, salad
Fruit Salad.

bloating not so bad today so maybe it's settling down. The hunger is driving me mad but i will persevere:)

B gallette and dry fried mushroom and egg
L cottage cheese and tuna salad
D quorn and veg stir fry
S sugar free jelly, fat free yoghurt, rhubarb, crabsticks, apple, cheese on toast

bloating not so bad today so maybe it's settling down.

Come to think of it, that happened to me, too. My first forays into carbs didn't leave me as bloated as they would have done in the past, but I could certainly feel some bloating. I suppose that I still get a little bloating when I've eaten a full portion of certain carbs (pasta, for instance), but I don't think it's as bad.

Maybe it's just a temporary reaction until your body gets used to them again?

PP day for me today, it's only my second week on conso and I'm starting to hate PP days with a passion. It didn't help today that there's not much Dukan friendly food in the house as it's shopping day tomorrow, all i have thought about all day is food and I can't wait to go to bed so I can wake up in the morning and have some veg

B gallette and dry fried egg
L cottage cheese and tuna
D tuna omelette
S crabsticks, boiled egg, fat free yoghurt

PP day for me today, it's only my second week on conso and I'm starting to hate PP days with a passion.

I know! Horrible isn't it - yet only a few weeks ago I thought nothing of a pp day.

I try to cope by having pp "treats" - by buying steak, or venison, or fresh tuna, and making frozen yogurt.

I've just found out I shouldn't be eating sugar free jelly on my PP day, whoops! It's gonna make PP days much harder for me as the jelly helped get me through the day:confused:

I've been eating jelly on PP days?
They seem to think it's ok on the official chat - last night:

roselene : I am on the cruise phase ca i have fat free jelly
sonja : Hi Roselene and welcome aboard! Yes you can have some fat free sugar free jelly during all of your diet but try not to have more than three portions per day. Bon appetit!

Apologies that I am always quoting the official blasted chat :-0

They seem to think it's ok on the official chat - last night:
That's where I found out we shouldn't have it:confused:

nikkihill : Good evening sonjaon my pp thursdays am i allowed some tolorated for example rhubarb and custard or jelly? sonja : Hi Nikki! How are you? On your PP Thursday you cannot have anything else than proteins only, so no tolerated. Have a very nice evening!

I am after a little advice please; I started on Consolidation on July 27th and was 169. I have kept to the letter on the diet since I started and never had a relapse. I have being having my 1 celebration meal a week (Mon), my 1 Pasta meal a week (Sun) plus my 2 slices of whole meal bread and cheese every day except my PP day (Tues).
My weight is still dropping this morning I was 165.2 so I have dropped a further 4 pound in 2 weeks. I have cut down my walk time as I am very active in the week. Any advice please would help.
Thank You
Peter

Back