Consolidation Open Diary - Consolidation Menus

Peter - This happened to me, too, for the first few weeks, but seems to have stopped now, just 5 lbs below my original goal.

Atropos, Thank you for your quick reply, I am not to worried about dropping a few more pound I just wanted to check in with you all to make sure I was doing this phase correctly. I just love this diet in fact I dont call it a diet I call it a new way of life.

Congratulations on reaching Conso - and yes, it does feel like a new way of life, doesn't it?

I found this too although I did struggle to get all the extra bits in but I was finding that I was loosing weight and I don't want to (god I never thought I would say that). I am currently eating normally but being careful for a week to see what happens and thankfully my weight loss seems to have stopped.

Having a gala meal tonight, yippee!!
Are we still supposed to have our extras,
eg. bread, cheese fruit, i can't see me fitting it all in so I'll probably give them a miss today although i will have my piece of fruit

B gallette and mushrooms
L cottage cheese, nectarine
D King prawn satay and brown rice, toffee pavlova, glass of wine
S crabsticks, sugar free jelly

As far as I'm aware, you still get to have your extra rations on carb and gala days, louschu. Although I don't have my cheese ration as an extra if there is cheese included in the gala meal.

Enjoy that gala - especially the toffee pavlova! Sounds delicious! :)

I didn't have my bread and cheese yesterday, after my gala meal i think it would have been greedy;) I thoroughly enjoyed my chinese meal, first in over 3 months, I think i enjoyed it more cos it had been a while, got a week to think about what cuisine to go for next time

Todays menu

B gallette and dry fried egg, mushrooms and a quorn sausage
L salmon fillet with stir fried veg
D quorn fajitas(with lettuce wraps)
S crab sticks, sugarfree jelly, rhubarb, fat free yoghurt

will probably give the bread and cheese a miss today just in case. Still can't get my head around the fact that I won't gain weight eating the extras, I'm amazed i'm still at goal weight

jumped on the scales this morning and I'm sure they're down a pound, will weight for official weigh in on Friday though to make sure.

yesterdays food

B gallette with 1 quorn sausage
L wrap with left over fajitas
D 2 salmon fillets with veg and a little gravy
S crabsticks, apple, cheese and pickled onions, fat free yoghurt and rhubarb

todays food will be
B gallette with mushrooms and rocket
L cottage cheese and salad
D quorn burger with all the fixings(onions, mushrooms, cheese, jalapenos) in a wholemeal roll with salad
S crabsticks, apple, sugar free jelly, fat free yoghurt and rhubarb

Saturday:
Caught an early train, so breakfast was crispbread and cheese as Peterborough speed past the windows.
L: dukan bread, steak, dry fried onions
D: Venison burgers (cooked on the fire - no electricty!) with cherry tomatoes.

Excercise - stacking firewood!

Sunday:
B: (still cooking on the fire) - galette.
L: more venison burgers
S: cheese and crispbread
D: Back on the train, so egg sarnie and a bottle of water.

Today:
Nothing in the house except crispbread and cheese!
S: Cottage cheese, greengages
L: Chicken, salad, coffee
D: Roast beef (I bought a whole joint, marked down by 50% at 8pm), dukan bread, onions.

Todays food

L tuna salad
D quorn shepherds pie (celeriac mash)
S cottage cheese, crabsticks, apple, cheese on toast

Exercise - 3 mile run

not looking forward to my PP wednesday tomorrow:sigh:

Help

I have a quick question on consolidation I read in the book just 1 celebration meal and 1 starchy meal per week for the first half of consolidation. I went to the Dukan website tonight and watched a video on the site and it said 2 celebration meals and 2 starchy meals per week on consolidation. Have I got an old version of the book or is the website wrong.

Thank you Peter.

It's one celebration/one starch for the first half of conso, two celebration/two starch for the second half of conso

PP day yesterday, so it was fish, fish and more fish. It paid off though as i have lost another 1.5lbs:D Looking forward to some veggies today and my weekly starch

Today

B gallette with 1 quorn sausage and onions
L cottage cheese and salad
D quorn spaghetti bolognese with wholewheat spaghetti
S crabsticks, fatfree yoghurt and rhubarb, cheese on toast, apple

Exercise 3 mile run

Yesterday:

B (1): disastrous galette. Huge chunks of half cooked galette all over the stove.

B (2): Unplanned Gala : Had a VIP (and much loved former colleague) visiting the office at 8am, so it was my job to provide a working breakfast - Zero Greek Yogurt, berries, coffee and fresh croissants. Half way through I decided to make it a Gala, and had an almond croissant (my first since Jan).

Lunch: Chicken, salad,

Snack: the left over greek yogurt!

Dinner: Cheese Omelette, spelt crisp bread, big salad, tea.

Today - PP

Breakfast: Galette.
Lunch: Prawns and cottage cheese
Dinner: Steak, Egg, Frozen Yogurt

Gala meal yesterday, went for mexican this week, really getting into my weekly gala meals and I'm not scared of eating them anymore:D

Yesterday
B gallette with mushrooms and rocket
L cottage cheese and crabsticks
D Jalapeno poppers, vegetable chilli tacos and churros with hot chocolate fudge sauce
S apple

3 mile run

Todays food will be

L tuna salad
D prawn skewers with roasted veggies
S apple, crabsticks, fat free yoghurt, cheese on toast

3 mile run

Bumping this up... where have all the Conso people disappeared to? I'm trying to convince claire21 to join you!!

Well since I started on consolidation I continued to loose weight I was 170 when I started and finally stopped losing at 164 which is great. I had my Gala meal yesterday and was 164 this morning. I am finding it very hard to think of things I miss the more I progress with the diet. Today is PP day so its chicken, tuna and Greek yogurt.
Peter.

Back