Opinions on my diet.

Glenbo

Whats your opinion on this diet?

How to Lose 20 lbs. of Fat in 30 Days… Without Doing Any Exercise

ive been doing this for 6 days now,i lost a stone in the first 3-4 days then i had my cheat day yesterday where i polluted my body alcohol,curry pizza and all kinds of rubbish now im back on it again today.

Do you think its healthy? alot of people are giving me grief for being fat but then alot of people are giving me grief for not eating carbs..saying im stupid :S

The only problem i have had is constipation so got some tablets to fix that lol!

Strangley i actually feel more energtic! I'm currently signed off work as i suffer from bipolar and i find this diet has actually been helping my mood!

Whats your thoughts?

I have no idea about the rest of the diet, but this bit...

"I’m a wine fanatic and have at least one glass of wine each evening, which I believe actually aids sports recovery and fat-loss. Recent research into resveratrol supports this."

...had me sold.

I'd try that, but unfortunately all the 'white carbs' are the only bloody things I like to eat! (or can cook).

Haha that is so so true,i love pasta,rice,potatos! good job i got a great cook for a mrs :p

This is my results so far doing this diet

the left photo was taken a hour a go,the right photo was take just after christmas.

I have only been doing the diet for 6 days and had my first cheat day yesterday (where i got drunk and ate curry,pizza and allsorts).

Untitled-1.jpg

Bloody hell, you look a hell of a lot slimmer at your highest weight than I do two stones lighter... DAMN YOU CRUEL WORLD.

What does interest me is this bit

'I recommend Saturdays as your “Dieters Gone Wild” day. I am allowed to eat whatever I want on Saturdays, and I go out of my way to eat ice cream, Snickers, Take 5, and all of my other vices in excess. I make myself a little sick and don’t want to look at any of it for the rest of the week. Paradoxically, dramatically spiking caloric intake in this way once per week increases fat loss by ensuring that your metabolic rate (thyroid function, etc.) doesn’t downregulate from extended caloric restriction. That’s right: eating pure crap can help you lose fat. Welcome to Utopia.'

Does anybody know if that actually works? I'm oh so tempted to try that.

I did it on friday (yesterday) and i put on 1lb.

Thanks bout the comment mate im 3 inches taller than you mate so may seem slimmer,i do alot of weights and cycling/jogging to so i expect alot of the weight is in my arms/legs.

that diet sounds like heaven - specially the eat as much as you want day! Problem is i would pile the whole weeks loss back on in that day. When i go on a pig out its a serious business ;)

Well my cheat day was yesterday and I only put 1lb on and i drunk 3 bottles of wine,half a litre of vodka,2 litres of dr. pepper,6 shots,Caribbean twist a fried egg sandwich,pot noodle,chocolate,crisps and 6" pizza and probably more i forgot :p,that same week I lost 14lb on this diet in just 4 days.

On the 6th day now so will be interesting what i weigh tommorow but 1lb from 14lb loss is well worth it and i didnt even finish the whole 7 days because of when i started.

well done so far! but just remember, to maintain.. you need a lifestyle change, not just a diet :flirt2:

well done so far! but just remember, to maintain.. you need a lifestyle change, not just a diet :flirt2:

I was going to say the same thing!

When i get to 196lbs (14 stone) i will be awfully underweight.

I can start to see my ribs now and i am still 16 stone 8lb.

So then i plan to bulk back up but with little bf%

Last edited:
Like some others have said, I would be very cautious of what you eat after you have finished this. Too many of us have had bad experiences with diets like these where we gain the weight again... and more!

Good luck and I hope it woks for you :D

just my opinion...but i think you look better with a little weight on :hide:...you can tell me to shut up if you like!

Tbh over all your not a fat guy. You do look better having lost a stone but if you went down to 14 stone surely you would be all skin and bone? I think the main point is cutting down on the beer and doing some training to tone up?

It may work in the short term (and that's always tempting,we like a quick fix) but in my opinion this is not a healthy diet. You don't have a lot to lose so I think it would be better for you to follow a sensible diet of which there are numerous example in this forum. It will be a slower process but will probably be benificial for long term maintenance.
Good luck whatever you decide.

To be fair i eat healthy everyday and exercise like a lunatic daily even without this diet,my body does not shift from 17 and a half stone,its been there for a year now and does not shift anywhere.

Now im doing this,it is shifting,so thats why i am doing it.

You say cut back on the beer,dont assume by me saying 'beer gut' it actually is,its English slang for a fat stomach...well Somerset slang anyway..I dont actually drink lager or beer i think its disgusting.

The most amount of Alcohol i drink is 1 bottle of red wine on a friday night and if I want to get drunk i'll get a small bottle of vodka to,i have always done this.

I dont see whats unsensible about this to be fair,its a weightlifters diet and contains slow carbs,i eat more Legumes in a week than most people eat in there entire life!

Cutting out Pasta,Bread,Potatos is not a bad thing,its not necessary,it just tastes nice and its easy to make.

Because thats all would be different in my meals if i wasent eating no 'white carbs' I would just replace the Legumes with Pasta or Potatos.

I am doing this mainly to lose bf% around my stomach area.

I really hope it works long tem for you Glenbo. I'd hate to think you were going to all this effort and it didn't work!

You sound like you have good will power :D

I'm intersted in the amount of exercise you do each day. I'm not sure if I could go carb-free as I am a vegetarian but I don't eat pasta/rice at the moment

Back