• Hideous

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • Gawjus

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • I wouldn't wear it, but go for it

Votes: 26 56.5%

• Total voters
If it looks good on you ... get it..

I personally don't think it's about what other people think but how you feel wearing it ..... but I would say that with my dress sense !!!

I often get clothes catalogues in the post - no idea why, I don't ask for them and I am a confirmed ebay clothes buyer! Mostly they go into the recycling without a glance, because they all seem very much the same (in fact, most of them seem to be from different branches of the same company).

But I got one today from a company called Wrap Wrap - Welcome
and I just loved everything in it. Not cheap (look, I liked it, so of course it wasn't cheap!!) and not sure whether it would suit me, but the styles and colours were so nice. Sizes 8-22 on most things.

Now I wonder if anyone is selling their stuff on ebay???

I voted "Hideous"... but I do think it's one of those things that looks better on the mannequin than it would on a human being.
Sorry JimofTroy, I voted "hideous" too - as I agree with Gemmy - I think it will probably look better on a model than an average human being.

Have you taken into account your proportions?
Do you have short legs (like me)?
If you do then it may look as though you are being chopped in half. Bomber jackets often do this.

Are you in the hippy category (like me)?
If you are it may emphasise them.

I also really love the one Ellebear posted, Although I couldn't wear that either with my short legs.

Have you seen this one? Not so brightly coloured but would be more flattering if you fall into either of the above categories.

English jacket Desigual | Coats Desigual shop | Iwearchic.com

So did you buy it???

Not yet. But I'm going to.
Only on a Friday, though. Cos I get discount on Fridays!

Discount !!! Excellent, hope it is enough for another bottle of Margaux.

I love the jacket and can not wait to see the photos.

I will get photos, I promise!

But when I went into House of Fraser last week, to check which is the right size (because I was going to order on line to get it cheaper), I had my Desigual bag with me. And apparently, if I turn up with that, to prove I'm a Desigual fan, I get 20% off, but only on Fridays!

Which means I can get it from them, rather than ordering from Spain and waiting a zillion years for delivery.

Yay!

Which means I can get it from them, rather than ordering from Spain and waiting a zillion years for delivery.

Yay!

You obviously know about our wonderful and very expensive, laughingly called postal service !!!

You obviously know about our wonderful and very expensive, laughingly called postal service !!!

Why do you think I haven't posted the Château Margaux???

(By the way, I'm going to the REAL Calais on Friday - I might have to pop over to Cap Gris Nez, just to see where I was! I'll have another pain au chocolat for you. And see whether any nice wine jumps into my shopping bags...)

Enjoy !!!! Could I have a croque chasseu please . I prefer savoury to sweet.

I have just noticed you joined Mini-mins on my birthday. What a nice present that was !!!!!

Well - I have bought it!

I'm at work at the moment, so can't attach a pic. But I will, as soon as I can.

It's definitely the awsomest jacket that there has ever been in the history of awesome.
Whatever anyone else says.

Well - I have bought it!

I'm at work at the moment, so can't attach a pic. But I will, as soon as I can.

It's definitely the awsomest jacket that there has ever been in the history of awesome.
Whatever anyone else says.

That is brilliant .

I can not wait to see your photos.

As my dad would have said " I wish you well to wear it "

Enjoy it and wear it with pride on your lovely, new slim figure,

hugs xxxx

I need your support, everyone.

I luuuuuuuuuurve this jacket.
My DD says it's hideous.

Jacket ACUARELA Desigual | Coats Desigual shop | Iwearchic.com

Actually, she said "It's hideous. But it's very you."

Now either that's a double insult - ie I suit hideous stuff - which is quite possible!
Or else she means she herself wouldn't be seen dead in it, but she knows it's my type of thing.

But, given that she's 16 and I'm - well - not (!), I could really do with some opinions from ages in between!

This is well out of my normal price range, but I've just come into a little bit of money, so for once I can afford something beyond my usual limits.

AND - I've always loved bright colours. And now that I don't feel I need to hide my figure in blacks, greys, all dark & boring stuff, I want colourful clothes!

AND - (because of loving bright colours) when I first saw the Desigual stuff, I thought it was absolutely WOW, AWESOME, and any other superlative you might choose.
BUT their biggest size (even if they call it a 46, which should mean 18) is like a 12/14! And there was NO WAY I could ever wear any of their stuff.
I've got one of their bags, though. Because at least that fits!!!
So one of my aims - a Non-Scale Victory - was always to be able to fit into (and afford!) at least something from Desigual.

So - what do you think?

Hideous? Or gawjus?
I think I'm going to go for it - but more opinions would help!

Thanks, people.

Sarah - I'd wear it and I'm a bloke!! - it's very loud, but makes a statement as an individual. That'll be me then!

Sarah - I'd wear it and I'm a bloke!! - it's very loud, but makes a statement as an individual. That'll be me then!

That'll be me too!

I love the EB one. Gorgeous.

But i do like your one, it will look lovely with a pair of white 3/4 jeans.

for me i want something from Miss 60 or Monsoon.

Have you bought it yet Sarah?

I have bought it!
But I haven't produced any pics yet. I'll get some at the weekend...

Back