Orlistat stocks **update**

Lexie2005

5:2 lover
I don't know if this is the Lincolnshire area only but I have just been told that most Co-op pharmacies should have limited stocks of orlistat (I am guessing Teva) from tomorrow afternoon so get ringing around tomorrow ladies........ Good Luck xx

Eek I phoned a load of places and got no joy, one place even saying that they weren't having them till September. Then the last place I phoned said they were due in in the next few days and he'll reserve me 3 boxes when they come in (2 for me now and 1 for hubby) I wont celebrate till I have them in my hands but it looks promising, thanks Lexie xx

xAlisonx said:
Eek I phoned a load of places and got no joy, one place even saying that they weren't having them till September. Then the last place I phoned said they were due in in the next few days and he'll reserve me 3 boxes when they come in (2 for me now and 1 for hubby) I wont celebrate till I have them in my hands but it looks promising, thanks Lexie xx

Was it a co-op Alison?

I recommend taking 2 a day not 3 as that will make them last longer for you in case it's a while again x

Thanks :) I'm ok for about 2 weeks but no harm in getting my next prescription filled as this has been on and off for months now.

Was it a co-op Alison?

I recommend taking 2 a day not 3 as that will make them last longer for you in case it's a while again x
It was an independant Lexie but funnily enough he does well as he's the one that got them in last time when no other chemist had stocks. I just hope he was confident about getting them, he said he'd phone me when they were in and he'd keep the 3 for me so fingers crossed. We only have the 2 co-ops any where near us but I intend to try them again this afternoon when they've had time to unpack today's deliveries (to keep my options open lol) Are you taking the orlistat again Lexie or still doing it alone?

xAlisonx said:
It was an independant Lexie but funnily enough he does well as he's the one that got them in last time when no other chemist had stocks. I just hope he was confident about getting them, he said he'd phone me when they were in and he'd keep the 3 for me so fingers crossed. We only have the 2 co-ops any where near us but I intend to try them again this afternoon when they've had time to unpack today's deliveries (to keep my options open lol) Are you taking the orlistat again Lexie or still doing it alone?

No i've not taken since Feb but keep my ear out for you all as I've a friend who's a dispenser for the co-op. Hope your chemist gets them in love x

Thanks Lexie, me too! Been thinking about your suggestion of trying 2 a day and I'm going to try it if I haven't got any by friday. I'll probably drop the lunch time pill as if I have pasta salad there is very little fat in that one. Looked in my cupboard and I have less than a week left now so at least it'll eek them out a bit further.

xAlisonx said:
Thanks Lexie, me too! Been thinking about your suggestion of trying 2 a day and I'm going to try it if I haven't got any by friday. I'll probably drop the lunch time pill as if I have pasta salad there is very little fat in that one. Looked in my cupboard and I have less than a week left now so at least it'll eek them out a bit further.

I used to skip breakfast one x

Yes tried a co-op one and all other independent ones just incase! Think I may just give up trying now. I have no tablets left and 4 unfilled prescriptions. :-(

GlitterBabe said:
Yes tried a co-op one and all other independent ones just incase! Think I may just give up trying now. I have no tablets left and 4 unfilled prescriptions. :-(

Can you manage without? I've done it without for 4 months now.... Sorry you can't get them x

Will probably be better to do it without them as it didn't really teach me not to eat bad stuff just that it was a bit unpleasant if I did. I am back at WW so will just concentrate on that from now on instead of holding on for tabs x

Just wanted to say thank you Lexie. The chemist just phoned to say he's got the orlistat for me and hubby's collecting them now. I wouldn't have phoned to check if it weren't for you mentioning the co-ops getting them in as it's only a few days since I did the last phone around so I would have missed out as he just told me he's only got 3 boxes left (plus my 3 reserved) and that's since unpacking them this morning!!!

Will probably be better to do it without them as it didn't really teach me not to eat bad stuff just that it was a bit unpleasant if I did. I am back at WW so will just concentrate on that from now on instead of holding on for tabs x

Well I hope you are successful honey xx

Just wanted to say thank you Lexie. The chemist just phoned to say he's got the orlistat for me and hubby's collecting them now. I wouldn't have phoned to check if it weren't for you mentioning the co-ops getting them in as it's only a few days since I did the last phone around so I would have missed out as he just told me he's only got 3 boxes left (plus my 3 reserved) and that's since unpacking them this morning!!!

Ah that is brilliant news! Now make the very best of them & show us how you can now carry on with your great losses!!!!

My pharmacy who i get them from and who has always had them in said to me yesterday that she is going to have a problem getting them in the future............more stock problems.

Back