Ossireo is maintaining!

Hi ossi :)

Morning Jim :)

Far too big a breakkie today - going to burst!

Discussed with OH last night about trying Slimming World red days to lose some weight as we are happy with Atkins to maintain .. funny thing is that we were both like a child with a comfort blankie - within 20 minutes we had convinced ourselves to stay on Atkins and he is going to minimise his snacks to see if that helps him lose :giggle:

B-2 Bockwurst, 2 Bacon and 2 Eggs with a bit of mayo
L-Aldi Chicken Tikka with mixed leaves, Radish, Cucumber and mayo
D-Something legal with savoy cabbage!

Have a good day everyone (yes I am late for work again LOL)

I have no problems maintaining with Atkins either Ossireo but just cant seem to lose weight on it this time round at all.

Morning Ossi, I have the opposite problem really, If I don't eat some carbs for lunch I start losing and Colleen thinks I look to "Gaunt"

I think I'm gonna be the same as you Jim... it drops off me if I don't up my carbs!

Morning Ossi :)

Yes Bren, I do think you looked skinny on Saturday though

I think we all see ourselves differently to how others see us. I am sure there are very few that go "yes, I really am perfect" :)

Been flirting way too much with naughty these last few days, was my friends last day in work today and ended up sharing a desert with her at lunch as the men never wanted any and then ate a muffin as well - now I am back to being the only girlie in the office :( although the bonus side is there will be no more cakes and biscuits in the office lol

On the good news front though, picked up my prescription today - figured 3 months without my thyroxine may not have been the best plan!

Anyway, love to all you Atkins folk xx

We definitely see ourselves differently. I've lost a lot more weight than my ticker shows - that's just from when I started Atkins - but I still see exactly the same person I was stones and stones ago. I even put on old clothes in size 30 and am confused as to why they don't fit anymore, though new clothes I buy are 16 or 18. I feel as big as I ever was. The only time I can see the difference is in comparative photos.

morning Ossi, wasn't it a lovely weekend :)

Gorgeous weather Jim, although I managed to walk the dog in the only bit of drizzle all weekend!

So I broke my Cheeseburger Pie virginity yesterday - and we both ended up over-eating the darn thing too! Two rather heavy stomached people flopping into bed last night! Needless to say it was rather good at lunch as well today!

You look fab in the pictures (everyone did!) - I think it must be hard to pick a final weight - never been in that position so can't offer any advice. I know my mum when she slimmed with SW ended up about 11 stone - with a BMI of just over 25 - clothes size 12 and she looked just right ... despite GP telling her she was still fat! DO you have a clothes size you are aiming for?

Morning Ossi,

Linz, I meant it, you looked fabulous, I think you should be looking at maint myself

What the nurse said to me with regards weight loss is that if I lose another 3 stone Ill look gaunt which wont do me any favours at all. She said I should continue with what Im doing but instead of using the scales as a guide use how I look and feel to decide when enough is enough.

Sounds like good advice to me Jo, what's with this "Gaunt" thing, telow posted weighthat's what Colleen tell me whenever I get much b

Maybe, Can't say I'd ever describe myself as gaunt though?

My grandad was a big man and once he lost about 5 stone. Even though he wasn't skinny his face looked really hollow, and if you see people who lose weight due to illness it is often the same. I think skin just takes a little while to recover elasticity and fill out properly after weight loss so people look a little gaunt for a while. It's also just that people aren't used to seeing you thin, I suppose.

I do think a lot can be people use to you being overweight for so long that they find it a shock when they see you thinner. You tend to find it is the people that know you that tell you to stop losing etc rarely get people that may have only known you at goal telling you that you should put on a wee bit as you look gaunt!

I do think 14's are a good size really and would be my eventual aim once I sort the noggin out. I think if I got skinnier than that I would be too top heavy and would have to start tucking the 'girls' into my knickers ;)

Back