OT: OH is in hospital!!!

HellieCopter

Gold Member
Long story but I'm worried with nobody to tell!!

OH is in North Manchester Gen...

Basically, he went mountain biking at the weekend in Scotland. Sunday afternoon, he falls off and cuts his knee open over his kneecap. Goes to hospital for stitches. Comes home Sunday night very tender and unable to bend his leg. Monday off work. Tuesday also off work but Hellie is worried as his leg is very red and swollen, and hot, right from his thigh down to his calf. Nothing says OH. He is a bit sleepy, cold and yet feverish. Doctors says Hellie. No says OH. Goes to work today. Dressing due to be changed. OH says he will go to local NHS drop-in centre. Hellie goes to visit best friend and baby after work. Gets home. No OH. Thinks he must be at drop-in centre still.

Just had call from OH. He's in hospital with Cellulitis. Might be staying in overnight as it's quite severe! I have had to google it...it's basically an infection but I am really worried!

Has anyone any experience of it?

Sorry to panic on you all...

I am still trying to cook myself a veggie tagine!!!I haven't eaten! :eek:

Awww Hellie. I have had no experience so I cant offer any advice but I hope that your OH is fine and gets better soon. Sending my love x x x x x x x x

hope he is better soon

Yes, I have had it a few times - it is an infection, but it react's quickly to antibiotic's and rest and elevation of the leg.

He is probably having IV antibiotic's tonight in the hospital, and then they will send him home with more in tablet form, which he must finish - then he will have to keep the leg elevated and rested for a week at least, so he will not be able to go to work.

I hope he will soon be on the mend. X

Hellie, they will probably give him IV antibiodics for a day or two and let him home on oral antibiodics

Hope he will be on the mend soon
hugs.gif

Awww, bless him. My middle son got that...In his FACE! He looked like the elephant man and the Doctor was worried, in case it got too near his eye...But after some pills, and a ton of evil pus coming out, he was fine.

Tell your OH to listen to you next time you fuss. That's what us girlies are for...WE KNOW THINGS.

Awwww thank you all!!! So much. Went into a bit of a panic, which isn't usually like me.

He's just phoned and has had a big dose of antibiotics (although he was already on some) and he's in for 24 hours. If that doesn't work they might open his wound up, give it a good rinse out and give him more antibiotics.

BOYS!!!!

*slightly relieved*

*gets bed to self tonight!!!!*

HellieCopter;19) *gets bed to self tonight!!!!*[/QUOTE said:
every cloud has a silver linning ;)

glad you are feeling relieved, now he is getting the right treatment

Yeah it's the best place for him....

Totally starfish!!! :D

Hellie - hope he is ok!

I had this after my op and i had to take metronidazole and flucloxacilin (sp?) and it cleared up in the end.

Yes, I have had it a few times - it is an infection, but it react's quickly to antibiotic's and rest and elevation of the leg.

He is probably having IV antibiotic's tonight in the hospital, and then they will send him home with more in tablet form, which he must finish - then he will have to keep the leg elevated and rested for a week at least, so he will not be able to go to work.

I hope he will soon be on the mend. X

Yep me too try not to worry. Mines was caused by an insect bite.

Back