OT-Sadly

sim94

Cambridge Diet Counsellor
Hi All,

Sadly my Dad didn't make it and died before I could get to Barbados.

I've been in Barbados for the past 3 week arranging his funeral and sort some on things out.

When I got to Barbados I felt lost without my Dad and but had my 17 year old daughter for support. I did have other members of the my dad's side of the family but they were busy fighting and blaming each other.

I feel like I'll never get over this and as an affect my weight has suffered badly. While he was in a coma the weight fell off me as I couldn't eat. Now I've gone to another extreme and know I need to gain control of my eating.

I only have limited access to the net at the moment as I was offered a new flat hours before my dad died ( Friday 22nd June) and had to be out of my old flat by the following Monday. I only spent 2 nights in my new then to fly to Barbados on the Wednesday, so no time to get internet put on. Using my mum's at the moment.

Awwwww hun I am so sorry, I know how you feel too, I never made it to see my mum before she died. You dont need the hassle of dieting at this time, you must wait until you have given yourself time to grieve properly.

Thinking of you hun .....take care xx

Awww, so sorry to hear your bad news :(

sim, Im so sorry u couldnt be there in time but im sure he knows u love him and u did ur best. he'd be proud he has a daughter that would race to be there for him. i agree about the weight. be aware of it but u have bigger fish to fry right now. xxxxxx

Hi Sim,

I am so sorry about your dad and that you did not arrive in time.

When my dad died I was totally lost for a long time. Do not worry about your weight too much you must first deal with your grief and you have your daughter and mum to help you.

When the time is right your focus will return.

Linda

sim, Im so sorry u couldnt be there in time but im sure he knows u love him and u did ur best. he'd be proud he has a daughter that would race to be there for him. i agree about the weight. be aware of it but u have bigger fish to fry right now. xxxxxx

Hi Karen,

One thing that comforts me is that I spoke to my Dad about 6 weeks before he died and he alway ended by saying you know I love you all.

Though my mum and dad hadn't been together since I was about 8 year old he would also say tell your mother I still love her :), she was the love of his life and I know she still had feelings for him (they were still good friends).

sim, I'm so very sorry to hear your devastating news.
We are all thinking of you. Lots of warm hugs and well wishes to you sweetheart. xxx

Sadly my Dad didn't make it and died before I could get to Barbados.

I've been in Barbados for the past 3 week arranging his funeral and sort some on things out.

Please accept my deepest sympathy on the loss of your Beloved Dad.

Sending prayers and hugs your way.

Love Mini xxx

fetch.dll

Sending hugs to you and your family.

Hope you settle into your new home soon

xxxx

Sim....

So sorry to hear about your father's death...I found out today that a good friend of mine lost her brother yesterday after he lapsed into a diabetic coma on Saturday...

My sympathies to you and your family...

I'm really sorry to hear your news xx

Just wanted to say, thoughts are with you at this time.
Look after yourself.

I'd only be repeating everyone else if I was to say anything right now.

Just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts.

All the best sim, I'm so sorry xx

So sorry to hear about your Dad. I lost my Dad nearly a year ago so i really feel for you.

It sounds like he was a lovely man, always saying he loved you at the end of your calls.

I turned to food (as i always have done during difficult times) but when i started to feel stronger i decided to do something about it.

Go with your feelings, dont worry about food for now, you will know when the time is right for you to focus again.

My thoughts are with you and your family.
xx

Oh Sim - I am so sorry to hear about your Dad - You are in my thoughts and prayers xx

Back