(OT) Update on the work situation

I will succeed!!!
Well, I put in for the other job with a 'heads up' that I'll get offered it. However, due to cuts here (we get a budget from the government each year) they cannot offer me a pay rise into the next level at this time.

So...though my manager and uber manager signed my application, they did what they said they would. They've basically made it impossible to get hired.

They stated that I cannot be released until my colleague returns from maternity leave. Which is 15months away. Not likely they'll wait that long.

And they've said they'll progress me internally to fill the role of the woman going on maternity leave, which is the level above me (though we pretty much do the same job lol). It's a £10,000 payrise which they have not even given her yet. So basically, I'll be doing even more work and no extra money. And this is because 'you're not ready for that band yet', but they expect me to DO the role! They scr*ewed the other lass over so shouldn't be surprised at all really!

I well and truly shot self in foot. I should have kept quiet!

But I am not stressing - think I've reached the f*ck it barrier lol.

But grrr *shakes fist*

Thanks for those who gave support when I WAS fed up. I'm handling it better than I was and as D-Ream said, things can only get better :)

xx

Thats really poo. Sorry to hear it hunny. Fingers stilled crossed for you but sounds like your emotionally prepared and dealing with it.

*hugs* Sneding you lots of positive vibes.. xxxx

Back