other diets crappy losses

slimmeplease

hi again, i decided to change to slimming world last week as couldnt get back on track. i have been depressed all week since the sw meeting, i cant handle the crappy losses. people were standing and clapping at 1lb losses and i was thinking i could do that in a day on cd, also i have spent a lot more than 35 pounds this week on food, so needless to say i have learnt my lesson i am today going to start the easy way to ss, there is a thread on here somewhere about it, im going to do it this time after my wake up call xx

Welcome back! I am the same everytime I've tried to do SW or WW I get so stressed out with all the shopping, meal planning etc only then to lose 1-2lbs. This diet is hard but in many ways it's easy as you don't have to think about food. Just stick to the plan as much as possible and wtch the weight drop off.

If you are really struggling with SS have you thought about trying a higher plan as I believe the losses can still be pretty good? x

Welcome back babe xoxox

Welcome back - I know exactly what you mean about the little losses onn other plans! I know that sometimes my losses have been small on Cd but I usually know why - on other diets I have spent months in the past taking off and putting back on the same 4lbs - CD is brilliant!!!

Welcome back

I do think that SW is a lovely and healthy approach to a more gradual weight loss and maintenance, but I rarely managed to lose more that a half pound a week, which psychologically was no good for me. One of my friends lost half a pound this week (her 3rd week of SW) but she has a relaxed approach to dieting and doesn't like the idea of CD. I guess we are all very different.
Good Luck with CD; you will soon be seeing the great losses again.

Welcome back and you'll be losing in no time at all and much more quickly!

Awwww glad you've not given up on CD :)

I personally cant stick to ww or sw ive tried both before i get to about 4 weeks in and then fall off the wagon i cant be arrrsed with counting points etc lol losing 1 pound a week is, to me, ..soul destroying

I agree the fast weight loss is great. I got dissuaded though when I realised moving up the steps I was unlikely to lose weight (or much) for the next seven weeks though, and deal with the glycogen gain.

Depending on how much you had to lose in the first place and how you stay on CD for, it does average things out quite a bit.

thanks everyone, i am starting on 1000, then working down the plans hopefully to ss xx

Back