Ouch !!!!!

Debz1809

I ♥ SW!
Was going out to my aunts party last night so decided to go for a wee sunbed. I still had 12 mins left on my block booking but hadnt been for sometime. I thought I would have been fine as the bulbs in the bed used to be 200watt and were now reduced down to 160watt. But how wrong was I !!! I was fine yesterday when I got off it and all last night but this morning ............ ouch!!!!! I have burnt to a crisp! Right across my stomach and spare tyre ;) It is too sore to even bend. Has taken me ages to get ready to come into work today :mad: Wanted a wee base colour for my holiday in June!! Gonna take some painkillers and see if that maybe helps me. I will need to go buy some after sun spray after work. I get weighed tomorrow and I feel so fat!! D'you think I could be all swollen :cry:

oh no bless you. it just reminded me of my first time on the sunbeds, i stayed on too long and my hair actually fell out of my bobble and i had curly hair marks on my back hehe, how daft did i look. :)

definitly get some nice cooling cream on there, probably be sore for a fair few days, i hope you feel better soon, and good luck on your wi too xxxx

Ouch indeed! I burn really easily so I know what it can be like!

Drink plenty of water, keep you hydrated, as your skin will thank you for it, aloe vera or body butter may help other than after sun x

I do burn really easily but normally not as bad as I have done!!! I get red and then tan! Should really have just put the fake tan on last night !!

Disappointed but knew it would happen! I went for sunbed on say and used a cream that I hv never used before. I have scalded myself. So warm to touch skin. I uv put on.aftersun, natural yoghurt. Nothing is helping. My clothes are so tight and rubbing against it all the time! Its agony. Can hardly bend! I feel like such a failure this week!! I hv been doing so well. Want to just go and have a big blow out since I hv gained weight anyway!!

Debz1809 said:
Disappointed but knew it would happen! I went for sunbed on say and used a cream that I hv never used before. I have scalded myself. So warm to touch skin. I uv put on.aftersun, natural yoghurt. Nothing is helping. My clothes are so tight and rubbing against it all the time! Its agony. Can hardly bend! I feel like such a failure this week!! I hv been doing so well. Want to just go and have a big blow out since I hv gained weight anyway!!

Oh deb, wish I could give you a gentle hug, you sound so down. I know it won't help while you're at work but sliced tomatoes on the sunburn really help it takes the burn out and is really cooling. X

i hvnt went to work today. i struggled all day yesterday. I havnt been able to lie in my bed at all last night and only had about an hours sleep on sunday night! I slept with a blanket on the recliner chair last night. Hardly slept a wink!! Waiting on Doctors phoning me!!

Sorry to hear you're struggling. Maybe a moisturiser with a light tan in it, used over time, would be safer in the future?? xxx

just spoke to doctor, i have to get myself to hospital a & e asap as they think that my body is retaining fluid and i am dehydrated, hence the weight gain of 3lbs this week and my pain on skin! This is all i need, they better not keep me in!!!! x

just spoke to doctor, i have to get myself to hospital a & e asap as they think that my body is retaining fluid and i am dehydrated, hence the weight gain of 3lbs this week and my pain on skin! This is all i need, they better not keep me in!!!! x
deb let me know, how you get on, sounds like you may need some fluids in a drip and some flamazine cream. (am a nurse) . worried about you, take care x

Sounds horrendously painful.

When you are sorted out and feeling well you should let the tanning salon know as the bed might be faulty.

I hope you are O.K.

hugs xxxx

Hi huni, got back home from hospital! They were crap. Didn't seem to care! Got sent bk to my gp with a lecture! Gp was so angry! She has given me cream and antihistamines. Signed me off work for 1 week. To not wear any trousers as they are rubbing against it and causing more inflammation. Got a few blisters on skin and just to keep an eye on it.
Feel really sick today, just so depressed and run down. Could cry xx

Debz, I really hope you start to feel better soon honey, your burns must be so painful bless you. I don't know if you saw my post earlier on the lots to loose thread, but try to take lots of cool showers to take the heat out of your skin and try to get some sleep inbetween so you can start to feel better.
Take care xxx

thanks huni. I never seen your other post. i will go and have a wee look for it. i have been having a few cool baths throughout the day and then my shower in the morning. they heat doesnt seem to be coming out of it. Maybe it will with the cream i got gvn from the doctor yesterday! xx

Hi Debz, how you feeling now? xxx

Im great thanks feelign good, had a few days feeling "off" it but just had a fruit shop! :D x

(how sad im excited about this!) x

I have had a few off days and not been sticking to diet at all! I am back on track now :D
I normally weigh in on a Monday night but I am back shift this week at work and not going to be able to go, i am getting weighed on Thursday night this week instead so got plenty of time to stick to diet! ;)
My worry is that when i am back shift, i dont eat enough at all. Today , i have only had my 2 alpen light bars and an apple xXx

:) xx

Back