Our Mindless on the Radio tomorrow (and also on TV!)

Summerskye

Gold Member
Many of you know that our very own Mindless (Martin) was a finalist in the CD Slimmer of the Year competition this year after having lost over an amazing 10 STONE in one year!! :eek:

Never one to rest on his laurels, this intrepid dieter has gone one step further (well, lots of steps actually) and entered this year's London Marathon. As well as giving himself yet another incredible personal challenge, he will be also be raising money for a very worthwhile cause - the housing charity Shelter (running for Shelter! Geddit?! :D).

His local radio station, BBC WM, have become aware of how this Marathon Eater has become a Marathon Runner and invited him to feature on their Danny Kelly show tomorrow morning (Sunday 3rd Feb) at around 10.30 am - so anyone in the Birmingham area can tune in and listen. I've checked it out and it's also possible to pick it up on t'internet by logging on to:

BBC - Birmingham - BBC WM - Local Radio

He's also now heard that BBC Midlands Today have picked up on the story and will be filming him on a training run tomorrow morning too - so he's gonna be a TV star too (transmission date still to be announced .. so watch this space :cool:).

Good luck Mindless! And many congratulations from us all!

Hey Mindless...great news :)

Best of luck with the marathon and excellent choice of charity:cool:

Damn you mindless, I'm gonna have to make sure I get up early now ;)

I hate Danny Kelly, but for Mindless, ... I'm willing to tune in. :)

xxxxxx

xxxxxx

I rather like Danny Kelly - especially when he does his double-act with Danny Baker.

I guess it'll be Danny and Mindey tomorrow though :)

(Memo to self: set alarm!!)

xxxxxx

Me too!!!...lol :)

Another celeb from Minimins!!

Good luck Mindless - have a blast and enjoy your new-found (and well deserved) recognition :)

well people - just got a text to say that I should be on BBC Midlands Today at 6.20pm tonight.

Text arrived 3 hrs ago - damn 3hr runs - you're out of contact with the world LOL

It took an hour and a half to do the filming so reckon there will be a massive minute of air time. Shame I run like a waddling duck

OOhh I'm so excited I could crush a grape :)

well done on fab achievement.....another celeb in our midst !!!

Debz xx

Aw Mindey, wish I could get to watch it, unfortunately too far away in Cornwall, had to listen to the phone in via t'interweb xxxx

Wish I'd known .... I'll see if I can find it on the BBC website. I'd have love to see you on Midlands Today :(

I rather like Danny Kelly - especially when he does his double-act with Danny Baker.

I guess it'll be Danny and Mindey tomorrow though :)

(Memo to self: set alarm!!)

I think you're thinking of another Danny Kelly......? Whenever I say I can't stand Danny Kelly they always the other Danny Kelly and Danny Baker .. :)

I think you're thinking of another Danny Kelly......? Whenever I say I can't stand Danny Kelly they always the other Danny Kelly and Danny Baker .. :)

Ah ha! That would explain why it didn't sound like the Danny Kelly I thought it was .. der!! :rolleyes:

I managed to find BBC West Midlands on one of the Sky channels just in the nick of time. You did good matey - and now I've seen the exterior of the 'executive apartment' too! :D

Back