Cruise PP Out-of-date chicken!

Paulinegin

Gold Member
Oh poo, I've just found an out-of-date free-range chicken in my fridge! :eek:

I bought two on Saturday 2nd - one is dated 7th and one is dated 3rd. Very slack in my part, thought I'd picked up two 7ths but clearly didn't! :(

Anyway, I was going to throw it away but it just seemed wrong. So, I've opened it, inspected it and smelled it. It seems fine so now ... I'm cooking it!!

Wish me luck girls! :D

P x

Oh goodness, definitely eat it - I would :D although I'm probably not a good advert for food safety. I cooked a free range chicken yesterday but have only just started eating it after 24 years when I was 16 so so up until three months ago never cooked a chicken in my life :eek:.

The chicken wasn't cooked properly so I just ate the cooked bits, gave some dodgy bits to the cats and threw the rest away!!

I also eat bolognese that's been in the fridge for a week which makes my sister shudder with revoltion :D

zakcat said:
The chicken wasn't cooked properly so I just ate the cooked bits, gave some dodgy bits to the cats and threw the rest away!!

LOL! :D

My cat has just scarpered ... ;)

P x

Pauline it its only just over a day out... you'll be fine, these are a guide line, poultry is dodgy but if cooked and ate today,tomorrow and its been refrigerated its fine.

zakcat said:
Not for a second am I suggesting anyone else does what I did - I have the constitution of an Ox :D

Lol that's one way to have the whooooosh fairy visit.

I still eat anything that looks and smells ok past its use by date! Im terrible with milk but skimmed does seem to last a bit longer than other milks!

Back