Extra Easy Slimming world newbie - advice and inspiration welcome!

Murphtang

So I'm new to slimming world, but I love this forum already. To keep myself motivated, I'm going to post in here all the food I eat. Also, I hope you guys and girls can correct me if I miss out any syns or count anything I shouldn't! I'm doing the extra easy program with speed foods.

Sunday (day one)
Brunch (because I didn't get up til 11am haha)
  • Two slices wholemeal bread (hexb)
  • Grilled tomato (sp)
  • 3 rashers of bacon with fat chopped off (free)
  • Baked beans (free)
  • Poached egg (free)
  • 2 cups of coffee with semi skim milk (hexa)
  • 2 squirts of olive oil spray (according to the online book it's 1/2 syn for 7 squirts - I used three for dinner too so I've counted it as 1/2 syn)
Snack
  • Banana
  • 2 satsumas
Dinner
  • Jacket potato (free)
  • Piri piri chicken (tinned tomato (sp), onion (sp), garlic (free) , piri piri mixed spice (free) , red chilli (sp), chicken breast (free), Lee and perrins sauce (free))
  • Tbsp no fat fage total Greek yogurt (free)
  • Steamed broccoli (sp)
  • Used same cooking spray as above.
Total syns: 1/2 a syn

Hopefully I'm doing this right! The reason for no syns is because I actually didn't have room to eat any!! :D

Monday night already! Time to log my food!

Breakfast
  • 2 x wheatabix (Hexb)
  • 200ml skimmed milk (Hexa)
  • Coffee w/ milk (rest of Hexa)
  • Banana (sp)
  • 1tbsp fage total 0 yogurt (free)
Lunch
  • Pasta (free)
  • Mixed salad (sp) (lettuce, carrot, red cabbage, and corn)
  • 1/2 tin tuna (free)
  • 1tbsp low fat dressing (1 syn)
Snack
  • 2 satsumas (sp)
Dinner
  • Sweet potato "fries" made in actifrier (w/ 1tsp of oil) (1.5 syns)
  • Steak (free)
  • Green beans (sp)
  • Onion (sp)
  • 1/2 large mushroom (sp)
  • 1tbsp Light mayo (2 syns)
Snack/Dessert
  • 1 pot Brooklea fat free layered Greek style yogurt (free)
Total syns: 4.5syns

:D I am loving this diet. I did a calorie count of my day - 1250ish (at an estimate) and I am so full and satisfied! While calorie counting, I'd still be starving and feel like I was missing out, but on this diet I feel amazing.

I also went for a 2 mile walk today, even though it was raining. Woooo! Feeling amazing :D

Your food diary looks great!

Another day, another food diary :)

Breakfast
-berries (sp)
-35g oats made into porridge with water (hexb)
-tsp sugar (1 syn)
-black coffee

Lunch
-salad (sp) with cottage cheese (free) and ham (free)
-small pot of home made "hummus" (blended chickpeas, lemon juice, and spices) (free)

Snacks
-2 x tangerines (sp)
-banana (sp)
-apple (sp)

Dinner
-Chicken breast (free) stuffed with cheese (hexa) and wrapped in ham (free)
-salad (free)
-tbsp low fat honey mustard dressing (1 syn)
-200g mashed potato (book said 3 syns, although I made it healthy with skim milk and lurpack lighter)

Total syns: 5

I totally feel like I've had a "cheat" day today, and I haven't! I'm having a bit of a choccy craving at the moment (I want a chocolate muffin dammit! >.<) but nothing I can't get through. If I still feel like this tomorrow I'll probably have a hot chocolate tomorrow night (use my hexa and some syns on it).

Now it's time for me to make lunch for tomorrow and then go to bed! Hope you all had a good day, night night!

Hey. I am here to subscribe to your diary.

Just a little note on your SP tags.
Speed is all your fruit or veg that have an S next to them in your book. Eg. Apples, pears, carrots, onions, passata, tomatoes.

P is all your Proteins so baked beans, chickpeas, steak, pork chops, chicken breasts etc. (Once all fat is cut off)

Free the rest. Everything from Bananas, pasta, rice, buckwheat, noodles, yoghurts etc

Just in case you want to do SP days once your on plan a while and need a boost its good to know your SP from your S P and free as well as syns.

This was a note that was on my first diary I handed in to the consultant, just to clear it up so I would be the best swer I could be :) :)

Aha thank you :) I've been using sp to mean speed ;) I've only been to one meeting and am still trying to understand the system, so advice is always appreciated! Thanks!

That S P day sounds like a good boost if my weightloss plateaus closer to my goal. :) :)

Yeah they advice not doing SP for first few months on plan. But its a great boost. I had 5st to loose in total. I've almost two gone. (Hopefully tomorrow I'll get that last 1lb) but sometimes I do an SP week if I want to boost a loss. Especially if I have been bold the week before. I've had 3 weddings, three weekends away, Christmas, moving house and exams since starting so SP has been a lifeline to stop me from gaining when I have been off plan a day or two or have been eating out.

Oh wow well done! I've got basically 5st I want to lose - it's so daunting. But it's so inspirational seeing people who have been successful with SW and have lost similar amounts to what I want to lose :)

Hiya here to sub :)

Food is looking very good for a newbie! ;) Good Luck! SW is amazing isn't it? People even to this day don't believe I'm on a diet when they see what I eat...lol..

As Marybobs said don't worry about SP for now. Get to grips with EE first and save SP for when you might really need it. I personally have had mixed results when I have tried it. The first time I lost 5.5lbs, but when I did it before Christmas I actually stayed the same.

My only other bit of advice is don't be afraid to use your syns! That's what they are there for. You should be having between 5-15 a day. People tend to think that cutting the syns out will boost there losses, but if you are not having the minimum of 5 realistically you are not on plan. The syns are just as important as your free/speed foods and healthy extras. If I am going out the weekend for a Indian for example then I keep my syns to the min of 5 for each day so I know on the day of the meal I have in effect up to 70 syns I can use for that treat if I needed too. Also, if you keep your syns real low from the get go you have no room for maneuver later on if your losses stagnate. Regulars on SW find they tend to get better losses when they use more of their syns. Hope that makes sense for you :)

Thanks @Gemsta ! I'm struggling to use my sins (I know that sounds stupid - but I actually am!) but I think I'm going to buy some of those snack bar things from the group. I don't have a huge sweet tooth for chocolates (baking is my weakness haha) and bread was always my go-to snack. I think I'll get better as time moves on and I get more used to the "rules" and syn point system. I'm going to a spa weekend at the end of Jan, including a 3 course meal in the evening and a full breakfast the next day, plus champagne, so I'm sure to rack up the syns then :eatdrink023:. Just got to try and learn to control myself!

Yeah syns are important. I found I was eating so much free food at the start I wasn't eating as many syns. But then I figured you don't feel like your on a diet when you have that scoop of butter on your potatoes or that bag of crisps etc. They help me stay on plan. I make up syn bags. So I have ones for 5 syns of treats, 10 syns and the 15. So things like 3.5 syn crisps, mini bars, celebrations leftover from Christmas etc.

Don't worry anyway you'll get the hang of it and you have us all here for support. If If

Here to subscribe :D Hi lovely!

I'm on a bit of a mission to lose about 10 stone and it can seem really daunting but I set myself mini targets which is just half a stone at a time. I lost 5 stone with SW before and put 2 and a half of it back on so I know it works and I feel more dedicated and focused ( and don't have a gallbladder issue going in and out of hospital to through me off ) I think for me, it's remembering that I have a long journey ahead of me and there will be weeks I don't lose for whatever reason, be it * week ( time of the month ) or I've not calculated correctly or I've just treated myself a bit too much and on those weeks to remember it might be a step back but aslong as I keep going forward I will reach my goal :) xx

Just a quick note, you mentioned you don't have a sweet tooth. Syns can be used on anything, so you could always check out the syns in some breads that you like or syn some homemade bread and have that as your daily treat. Syns should be for any little extras and don't have to be typical sweet things.

I tend to use mine on chocolate Weetabix on an evening. I don't tend to use my A and B healthy extras through the day. 2 large chocolate Weetabix (not the minis) is healthy B choice plus 2 syns and I have it with my HexA milk, I heat the milk up in the micro and it's awesome!

Ooo that's an idea, I might syn on luxury coffee when I fancy it (I have a machine that froths milk for cappuccinos... Mmmm <3). I think I'm going to try and make some daal this week too, which does use oil (otherwise the aromatics of the spices don't release) and a portion has around 3syns (from my calculations!). I love daal, so that could be something I use them on.

I'm coming off of calorie counting so I'm a bit nervous to endulge myself. I've lost and then regained so much weight in the past, I've just got this little nagging voice in the back of my head telling me I'm going to fail again (stupid voice!), so then I get paranoid eating anything "bad".

I've lost 6-8lbs though recently (started dieting/watching my intake on the 4th of Jan) so I'm doing something right, and slimming world is so much better than calorie counting :)

I probably use at least half my syns a day on ''food'' by that I mean things like Potato waffles on my SW Full English brekkies and sausages...or gravy...Lighter than Light mayo to name a few so making some lower syn versions of things you really like is a great way to use them. Syns don't have to be crisps or chocolate. I really wish SW did not call them syns...lol.. That's why so many people are unsure when it comes to them, I see so many new to plan members at group that are almost scared of them!...lol...

I really wish SW did not call them syns...lol.. That's why so many people are unsure when it comes to them, I see so many new to plan members at group that are almost scared of them!...lol...

Ha! I am a bit scared of them, don't want to get told off when I hand in my food diary! Haha :D

And @marybobs isn't daal amazing?! I need some time at home to make it...def making a batch this weekend!

Ha! I am a bit scared of them, don't want to get told off when I hand in my food diary! Haha :D

Lol...''Told off!''...... You won't get told off! Just honestly record everything you consume. She/he will be much happier to see you have used them than not!...Trust me! :)

So true @Gemsta my mum didn't eat them first few weeks she was so unsure. But then once she realised she could have her mayo and her biccie with tea she was happy.

It is isn't it... I really think it's a terrible word for a otherwise positive plan, it automatically makes you think you can't have it!...lol..

Lol...''Told off!''...... You won't get told off! Just honestly record everything you consume. She/he will be much happier to see you have used them than not!...Trust me! :)

It is isn't it... I really think it's a terrible word for a otherwise positive plan, it automatically makes you think you can't have it!...lol..

I sin in all other areas of my life so I don't think my diet should be any different LMAO!!! x

Back