Overweight, Overworked, time to change that

Majella86

Ok so here goes, new year new start and all that.
Just purchased a new laptop, and hopefully its going to help me along my journey this year to a healthier, happier me.(through support here and s.w. online etc)

I weighed myself yesterday. got the shock of my life :eek:
and i have vowed to myself that things are going to change. I've given up making promises to change for other people and for their reasons. This time I'm changing for ME and MY reasons, i know there will be ups and downs along the way. This time though no matter how many bumps there may be to throw me "off the wagon" I will endeavor to hold on tight and if i do fall off then im going to climb right back on!
My motto for this year is going to be "Don't Dwell on the past, just Look to the Future"

Im going to try and keep up my dairy on here, as tho its all well and good, keeping a weightloss diary in a book, its only you that sees it, where as here, i hope, other people will read this, and help me when im low or even it may help others and i think thats half the battle when loosing weight (or embarking on any big new journey)

So here we go my reasons why this time is the LAST time im going to be "big".

Im 25 and working full time in a call centre (sitting on my backside eating sweets) and after two years there, the sedentary lifestyle has most definately caught up with me.
So i would like this year to see a drop in my waistline so that i can sit comfortably at my desk in pants that fit (preferably in a size 14 or smaller :). i cant continue to pile on weight working their so i need to make sure i can live a healthy lifestyle along side my job.

I also take part in an amateur theatre group who put on two productions a year, and the dreaded costume fittings will no longer be a source of embarrassment for me. And the inevitable shame when the costumes are given out and i have the costumes where i am physically popping out of the poppers.
and plus it may give me more confidence to go for bigger roles within our shows too.

I have a mother with severe arthritis in her hips and i know hip problems are heredity in my family and i can see the pain shes in because of this so i have planned to go back to group and take mum with me. she has a goal to loose weight to have a hip operation. i want to loose it so i dont end up like her.

I want to tackle my weight problem now and not have to count points and calories, i want to change the way i see food, so that my choices are healthy and that it becomes a way of life and not a "diet".

so here we go january 2012 the time where it all changes.

I wont post my starting weight, just what i loose etc.

So the goal for Jan? 7 lbs. I know from previous experience thats achievable, so any more than that is a bonus :)

here i go.... wish me luck ;)
xxx

Good Luck!

You sound like you are very motivated to achieve your targets, its great that you have so many reasons for yourself to lose weight. I too work in a call center and thats the main reason I put on weight, that and the fact that I'm an emotional eater.

Your target is very achievable and its so great that your going to group. Group is really what keeps me motivated (and this website too of course :))

Hi I have also just started SW and i work in a similar environment to a call centre so i know what you mean about the sweets! we tend to have alot of buffets on our section, any excuse and we have one. The last one was the day after I started this diet, so I took in pasta and fruit to eat instead of the usual pies and donuts!

Good luck for your weight loss! xx

thanks guys :)
emma, its terrible isnt it, in our place its cakes and doughnuts, if we have a bad day some one will inevitably go buy naughty things to cheer us up. but from now on i will not take comfort and emotional gratification from food, well at least try not to lol

good luck to you both as well, lets make this year a good one
xx

Well i went back to class yesterday, braved the scales and went through the new member talk (again) lol
and left feeling motivated and ready to tackle my eating once and for all.

so after a full day in work today i think its going pretty well. Poorly organised as per usual i went to work without dinner but grabbed 6 wholewheat crackerbreads and some laughing cow light to eat at my desk (yummy and surprisingly very filling) and managed to cobble together a lunch of apple, ff yogurt and mug shot and a bag of quavers :) tasty.

and ive just come home to make a lovely tea of jacket spud with asda veg chilli (tinned) with strips of fried steak. super tasty :)

so now off to rehearsals for Jekyll and Hyde (am drams)
feeling inspired this week :)

hope everyone's having a good week

Maj xx

Ok so day three on plan. Woken up today with terrible pain in my jaw (possibly to do with wisdom teeth :'( )
Prepared today's lunch last night. Left over stirfry with egg noodles accompanied by lots of fruit and a f.f yog. Will have porridge for breakfast at my desk when I get into work. I have a birthday cake to finish making tonight (I bake as a hobby) that has it's advantages as I'm sick of looking at cake most of the time so it doesn't tempt me haha. Then rehearsals again tonight. We started a "dance" routine last week. I use the term dance loosely it's more movement and burlesque stuff (prostitutes in the play being sultry slappers). Bit hard to act all smouldery and sexy when I'm at my heaviest so it's given me a bit of extra determination I think to really push myself :) and hopefully I'll get a part playing one of above mentioned dirty slappers hahaha.
Hope everyones having a good week.

Maj xx

Very chilled day today. Had a very long lazy lie-in. Followed by big free brunch. I've cheered up a bit after yesterday (had a mini meltdown in work :s ) gonna do a shop tomorrow and plan my lunches for work next week. Also got my auditions next week *crosses fingers*. And hopefully will be booking my tickets for download festival. Sooo excited. Gives me extra motivation to stick to plan so I'm not lugging all this extra weight as well as all my camping gear about lol. So here's to next week and hoping it's a good one. Actually looking forward to weigh in :)
Xx

Well thats it, week one done! and a 6lb loss under my (slightly less tight) belt heehee
really motivated to stay on plan.

can really feel a difference in myself and my attitude. keeping my fingers crossed i keep this positive mind set.
Going away this weekend to london, so need to be super good now to make sure i stay on plan. going to look for some picnic type food to pre-make and take with me for the journey, few syns on a drink or three. then all you can eat brekkie buffet :s waaahhh ill be good tho (i hope)
Oh and to top off a fantastic start to the week i've got my tickets booked for Download festival!! woohooo \00/ cant wait XD

Hi Majella, I'm in Liverpool too, whereabouts are you?

Well done on your fab loss this week :D XX

Hi majella

Well done on your loss! Your first post on the diary was very open and honest, I think that's the best way forward for the journey. I hope you don't mind but I would love to follow your journey and offer support when/if I can.

Good luck and you can do this!

Hi majella

Well done on your loss! Your first post on the diary was very open and honest, I think that's the best way forward for the journey. I hope you don't mind but I would love to follow your journey and offer support when/if I can.

Good luck and you can do this!

Hi punk pixie.

Thank you for your support, i wouldnt mind at all. its good to know theres others out there for support and guidance :) thank you for reading my post and commenting, lets me know im not doing this alone :)
x

Ok so it's weigh in tonight and I was away at the weekend. Had lots of syns but counted them all. Hopefully no damage done but I shall find out soon enough I guess. Really focused for this week. Also didn't get the part I wanted in the show but hey ho nevermind will find out tomorrow if I'm in chorus.

Just off to class now to face the music but still feel positive about it as I didn't go absolutely mad. So hopefully that will have helped :) xx

Majella86 said:
Ta hun, I'm in walton, go to the county road class on monday nights. wherebouts are you? xx

I'm in Huyton- thursday WI. Goodluck tonight! Let us know how it goes x

Well I lost 1.5 this week :) and I'm happy with this as I've enjoyed my weekend and still managed a loss which is great. Plus I got my half stone award and in two weeks ive lost 7.5 lbs. So it's a week on plan this week and hopefully a slightly bigger loss for me. Doing overtime in work this week, need to get back into the swing of it as I want to start saving for a house this year. So every penny counts. Will plan my lunches for work and will resist the temptations of the sweetie tub too.
Here's to another good week.

well the weekend is upon us again, and i see no obstacles in my path to stop me from having an 100% weekend on plan :)
So today i had a "treat" boiled rice and curry from the chippy on my dinner in work. threw in some cooked chicken (sliced stuff from tesco) was yummy.
Im going to try and have as much superspeed foods over the weekend as i can possibly eat, i want to push for a big loss this week to keep me on track to loose a stone in 4/5 weeks.
Havent managed to get as active as i would have liked over the past few weeks, but hopefully ill pick that up in the next few weeks to ensure my losses keep up :p

Even just having lost over half a stone, i feel FAN-TAS-TIC! lots less bloated, pants a bit looser than they did 3 weeks ago. so its all moving in the right direction. Ive resisted birthday cake and several sweetie hauls for the team this week, and if i have wanted a little sugar fix i have looked up the syns first and decided if i really wanted it rather than looking it up after id eaten it and having the "guilt" lol
so hopefully this shows a change in how im looking at food im making informed decisions about what i eat rather than just shoveling it down my gullet hahaha.

so three more full days before weigh in. heres to a good one :D

I'm with you on the half stone loss Majella- my pants are distinctly less camel toe-y :eek: It feels great, and even though it's not a massive loss people have already started commenting :)

Good luck with your weekend, although I'm sure you won't need it. You sound very detirmined! It's a friday night and I'm sat in with a pineapple and glass of water, plus I've done an hour of Zumba- My local will go bankrupt if I carry on like this!!

Back