Paleolicious

Today's food:

banana

poached eggs, 2 GF sausages, small sweet potato and courgette

chicken casserole (chicken thighs, butternut squash, harlequin squash, carrot, onion, garlic, mushrooms, green beans and broccoli. Will put a touch of bone broth in too). May have a sprinkling of cheese on top. (I bought some lactofree cheese as was fed up of having to take a lactase enzyme tablet every time I wanted to eat cheese! The cheese just has extra bacteria added to eat the sugars so I dont think its too much of a tweak, and saves me tummy ache!)

Lamb bone broth smells much nicer than beef bones so added bonus!! Need to get some mini bounty bars made today as well as the chowder with the broth.

Last edited:
This week is going to be interesting food wise to say the least!
I'm out for a friend's birthday Wed night, its a 2 course set menu, the restaurant know I need gluten free dishes so I have no idea what I'll be eating, hopefully it'll be tasty! Obviously there will be alcohol of some description probably wine and cocktails. Thursday is my birthdaaaaaaaayyyy!! :D 25 again lol! and unfortunately first day back at uni :eek: only induction day but in 10-4pm! Probably be having going for a drink at lunch time with my friends and later on coffee and an Indian at Mumtaz with my mum and sister. On the Fir I'm having a girly day with my sis as shes come back from uni for my birthday so making the most of her time here, will suggest somewhere healthy for lunch, maybe spanish tapas or something. Friday is also my birthday night out with friends, off to a posh bar for cocktails and then a club, hoping for a really good night out! and *finally* Saturday I'm out for my birthday meal with friends and family to a local Italian that do coeliac-friendly food (I'm extremely excited about this!!!). Will be as paleo as I can every other meal, its only 4 meals off plan and the Indian will be paleo as its all fresh and I can ask for mine to be cooked with EVOO or ghee. I probably wont have GF pasta or pizza at the Italian as the mains look amazing, but if there is GF dessert it would be rude to pass up :rolleyes:.

I'm trying to decide on what to pack for lunches when I'm in uni, I dont want to be lugging big pack ups so was thinking mayb things like nuts and raisins, banana, raw veggies and maybe some salami or something. Might look into some fat bombs. Just wants to be easy to eat, not messy and not heavy to carry as have to get the bus there and back.

Hi I'm starting uni in October and planning on taking lunches or soup and stews. I have a thermos food flask and it keeps food warm till twelve /one

Sent from my GT-S5830i using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi I'm starting uni in October and planning on taking lunches or soup and stews. I have a thermos food flask and it keeps food warm till twelve /one

Oooh, what are your studying? I'm so nosey lol :p

I did that last year, lots of soups and stews, I'll probably end up doing that again, I'm just rebelling lol and making life difficult for myself! I could never get my food hot enough to start with and was lukewarm at lunch. I just hate carrying things lol I have to travel light as my ME makes it difficult to carry a bag all day.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Enjoyed my casserole last night, I love wintery food.

Today's food:

Banana

GF porridge with raspberries and coconut

Chicken thighs and roasted veggies with cauliflower cheese

Hi I'm doing biomedical science ! What are you for studying? I find That if you warm it first with boiling water and Its filled to brim That it stays warmer.

Do you have far to travel it annoys me That these places have noWhere with a microwave even so students can heat food up.

Hi I'm doing biomedical science ! What are you for studying? I find That if you warm it first with boiling water and Its filled to brim That it stays warmer.

Do you have far to travel it annoys me That these places have noWhere with a microwave even so students can heat food up.

I know, right, they should have microwaves or something. They'd probably charge to use them though if they did get some lol

Wow wicked!!! I'm a bit of a science geek lol so that sounds like a fab subject, bet you can't wait to get started! :D

I'm studying dietetics, just off into second year, soooo much science lol I am glad I only had biochemistry in my fist year though lol

I dont have to travel too far no, just have a 10 min walk to the bus then a 15 min bus and then a short walk, last year I lived opposite the uni so thats why I'm grumbling lol was great for popping home between lectures! ;)

Today's food:

GF coconut porridge with banana and raspberries

broc-cauli chowder and chicken wings

***and so it begins lol meal #1 ......

Out for dinner at Bibi's to a Motown night! Double checked with my friend who organised it that they know I need GF, who knows what they will feed me though lol none of the options on the set menu were the same as their GF menu. Its a 2 course meal and I'm not going to order dessert but will be having some cocktails, really looking forward as not been out in ages.

Tomorrow I'm thinking I may have eggs, sausages, cavolo nero for breakfast IF I'm up in time! which is debatable lol may cook it tonight.

will just take a few macadamia nuts and a banana for lunch as according to the timetable I dont get an actual break tomorrow.

Dinner is meal #2 at Mumtaz which is paleo-ish enough for me lol! will probably spilt some rice, will be having Karahi Lamb for main and hopefully splitting the mix grill for starter (seekh kebabs, lamb chops, chicken boti, lamb boti, and chicken wings with salad), will be asking for my main to be cooked with ghee too.

I had a Indian there a few s ago and it was paleo friendly except for rice and cocktails lol:rolleyes:

I actually had That as my second choice! I'm drreading starting this course I'm thirty on December so will be in the older half! I have a hour journey to and from uni moving isn't an option for Me sadly but should get a car share easy enough.

I feel for you with the travel, you're definitely going to have to be very organised lol! Hopefully you won't have a crazy timetable, last year mine was pants had huge gaps and 6pm finishes.

I was 25 when I started, its not so bad being a "mature" student! age doesn't seem to matter that much to be honest. Just throw yourself into it and try to go on a few nights out. You'll probably be surprised at how many students are around the same age, on my course we out number the 18 years olds!

I had a Indian there a few s ago and it was paleo friendly except for rice and cocktails lol:rolleyes:

I love Mumtaz :D
and life's all about the 80/20 rule, right?! ;)

Safe to say I won't be drinking today lol unless its hair of the dog! Had an amazing night last night, food was gorgeous. I was given the choice of anything off the gluten free menu :eek: which amazed me as there was sooo much choice (and some of the dishes cost more than my ticket! )
My friends were actually jealous for a change lol :cool: as i had much more interesting options than they did!

Starter was pigeon breast salad eith chorizo and sun dried tomatoes, really enjoyed the pigeon, never had it before but was nice.
Main was lamb shank with buttery mash :D

_______________ so thats me drawing a line under all the food and alcohol that I have consumed these past few days! I've had an amazing time and throughly enjoyed my birthday celebrations (and my friend's lol) but back to paleo and healthy living for me now. Ended up in A and E this morning as I really hurt my foot last night, I fell down a slope lol luckily I wasn't wearing my big heels as would have broken it for sure but got soft tissue damage so ice, elevate and keep off it for the next few days.

Not going to weigh muself until next week when I'll venture down to boots after uni and get on the scales, I know I've put on as my clothes are tight but hopefully will lose it now, not planning anymore nights out for a while as need to focus on my health and getting through uni.

Shopping tomorrow, I'm going to choose leaner meats as been eating a lot of the (tastier) fatty cuts and think this is one reason I've not lost muh recently, also going to make sure that at least half to 2/3s my plate is non starchy veg and will use less added fat when cooking. Hoping this will help shift it, my tweak is having gluten free porridge oats as I find them filling for breakfasts and I don't seem to have any issues with them so dont see the harm.

Can't wait get back into the swing of things, as much as i love celebrations, I'm looking forward to not drinking for a while!

Just woke up! Felt like I could sleep forever but things to do. Will be early night tonight as in uni for 9 and not quite figured out the amount of time I need to give the bus. Thankfully the first couple of weeks will be a gentle reintroduction as a few sessions don't start straight away so can get used to having a schedule again (and early mornings lol).

Breakfast today will beeee.....
Eggs with veggies (last of the cavolo nero, some squash and some mushrooms I found in the fridge -I *think* they're mine :p ).
20130915_105928.jpg
Then need to do a shopping list and menu plan for the week

Last edited:
Dinner was a cauliflower risotto (cauli, red onion, cavolo nero, celery, mushrooms and courgette with lamb stock and a touch of lactofree cheese) with sage crusted salmon, looking a bit grey in the picture but tasted amazing!
20130915_175739.jpg
Have also have a couple of plums and a banana today as well as breakfast, so good food day today!

GF porridge with coconut milk and a banana

3 cold chicken wings and some plums
3 discs of dark chocolate

also ate some of the meat out of the lamb bone broth

liver and onions (cooked with mushrooms and cavolo nero) with roasted cauliflower, harlequin squash and marrow
20130916_185716.jpg

Had a bone broth on over night, going to make some stock cubes with some of it in ice cube trays and will put the rest aside for soup.
Only in a half day today as my Mon afternoon session doesnt start til next week, going to maek the most of it and not do a whole lot lol!
They are throwing work at us this semester so got to take advantage when you can!

Last edited:
GF porridge with banana and coconut milk

leftover cold liver :eek: and veggies from last night with chicken thigh

banana

savoury mince with sweet potato

Can't believe that 2 years ago I was a vegetarian and today I ate cold liver lol would *never* have thought I'd ever do that!

Booooo burnt my breakfast! Hope this isnt a sign of the rest of the day to come!

scrambled eggs with mushrooms and a banana

coconut water, trying this out as I'm always so thirsty on my diuretics so hope this will help hydrate!

chicken with veggies

savoury mince with sweet potato and veg

Back