Paleolicious

Early night, need to pack in the morning before heading to uni. Thursdays are a pain, my first lecture is at a different location to the rest of campus that I'm normally at and I can only get the bus so far and then have to walk down, wouldn't matter soo much but start at 9 and just makes it that bit of a hassle!

Spent a fortune today! Got a lovely new coat with a big furry hood :) a cozy jumper and some ugg like boots. Looking forward to wearing the boots, they are like having teddy bears hug your feet :D

Hopefully going to pilates between meeting myself coming backwards lol and falling asleep in a huddle :rolleyes:

Thursday food:

Eggs and mushrooms

Soup

Savoury mince and veggies

I'll probably buy some fruit or something for the train too

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

How are you? Hope you're feeling back to rights! x

Heyy, I'm having to have a couple of duvet days this weekend, my trip has left me exhausted as not only did I travel half the country by train but delays meant I didnt get home last night til midnight! I had been feeling better lol so hoping this is just a mini blip that extra sleep will rectify. I didnt help matters by scoffing a helluva lot of rubbish food Thurs night and yesterday, but back on the paleo trail now.
Hope you're doing ok xx

Duvet day and early night tonight! Wore my pedometer yesterday and apparently I walked over 13000 steps :eek: which is a jolly lot for me! My body is definitely objecting to all the walking, 6 trains and 2 mad dashes on the tube within 24 hours, so put the stoppers on today as need to be back on it for monday. Luckily no pressing uni stuff to do this weekend, although must must must start on my essays this coming week as time is aflying by.

I joined the food soc and the first meal is this Thursday, they checked with the restaurant and they are happy to cater GF for me, really looking forward to this, not joined any societies before as my energy levels arent conducive to most of the demands that entail but think I can manage a meal out once a month and maybe some of the other socials they put on.

I've done a meal plan for the week, bought a piece of brisket to slow cook for lunches, just going to do some raw veggie sticks and what not for pack ups with it. Going to make some egg muffins for breakfasts and will cook up some liver to have with, just want some grab and go things so I dont have to dedicate time to cooking on a morning, would really prefer my scrambled eggs but I think for this week I need an extra few mins to sleep and take my time so will have to sacrifice a hot breakie.

Starting to reintroduce tomatoes into my diet as basically I miss them! Still going to avoid white potatoes, aubergine and peppers for now.

Egg muffins made, liver cooked, brisket in the slow cooker and veggies chopped for tomorrows lunch! :D

Today's food:

2 boiled eggs and small chunk of cheese

rack of pork ribs cooked with cauliflower, leeks and marrow in bone broth - t'was yummy!

Sweet potato with butter

small handful of raisins

hope your well your way to feeling better hun x

So I'm sat eating raisins pondering dinner, hmmmm...

breakfast was a nasty surprise this morning, I didnt realise but I didnt cook the liver enough last night and literally had a bloody mouthful :eek: ewwww! twas gross!
So had to chuck it all out as wasnt sure which bits were cooked and which were not. Had 2 egg muffins which were meh tbh.

Lunch was some cold beef brisket with some carrot and swede sticks, tomato, radish, mange tout and cucumber

Raisins ^^ lol

So dinner hmmm I have a piece of salmon defrosting so have to cook that, might make a tomato sauce and do some roasted sweet potato and squash

Went though with my first dinner idea and it was lovely, might have it again tomorrow! Just deciding on what to take out of the freezer salmon, chicken or belly pork.

B: egg muffins (liver-less :( )

L: beef brisket, veggie sticks

T: tomato sauce (tomato, onions, garlic and mushrooms) with roasted squash and sweet potato with belly pork

I don't have a thing in to snack on, hopefully I'll resist the shops and it'll stay that way ;)

Last edited:
Been soo busy the last few days, managed to fit a Pilates class in and done *a lot* of walking, food has been reasonably on track apart, I did have an amazingly posh (i.e white chocolate soil and whatnot lol) meal out last night, was absolutely lovely, drank wine as the cocktails were expensive so got a slight wine hangover today, it always gets me lol wish I didnt like wine!! Will try stick to vodka and orange juice when I'm next drinking.

Had a domestic day today, loads of washing and got the shopping done so can focus on uni work for the rest of the weekend, so flipping much to do, hoping to get a good lot done so I can chill

As part of one my uni modules we've been asked to research and trial some diets so I'm trying to Atkins Induction for the next week, so tracking CHO and keeping it to 20g. I'm not going to eat any sugar free things that are allowed so basically I'm doing very low carb paleo as not compromising on some things I dont eat but want to trial it as its good to be able to give genuine advice. I dont think my food will actually change that much from what I normally eat, but I'm missing sweet potatoes and fruit already

Not eaten much today as slept in

B: 2 eggs fried in butter with mushrooms

S:30 g cheese I have *the* nicest cheddar ever lol Pilgrims mature cheddar

D: lamb with onion and cheesy cauliflower mash

Last edited:
Hope you get on ok with the Atkins trial, I read somewhere to be careful with going too low carb with ME. Can't remember the specifics but I think it was to do with cortisol production. Certainly my personal experience is that it doesn't make me feel great!

Have a good weekend! x

Hope you get on ok with the Atkins trial, I read somewhere to be careful with going too low carb with ME. Can't remember the specifics but I think it was to do with cortisol production. Certainly my personal experience is that it doesn't make me feel great!

Have a good weekend! x

Heyy, I probably wont be able to commit to it for the week as planned as I miss fruit and not weighing things *zzzzzzz*! I'm definitely going to listen to my body; its not that important that I do it :) but want to be able to relay how it is from the dieters point of view.

Hope you have a good one too xx

Today's food:

mashed egg and BLT wraps

cheese and parma ham

spiced rack of pork ribs baked in a tomato sauce with curried veg and cauilflower rice

Got some uni work done today, hoping to get a lot more done tomorrow though, at least one of my essay's is started lol nothing worse than a blank page staring at you!

Has a lovely early morning walk this morning, its such a beautiful, shame I'm now cooped up inside doing uni work

Food for today:

breakfast: sliced boiled eggs with butter on courgette slices (experimenting but tasted good, raw courgette is rather yummy and not slimy like cucumber!)

lunch: bacon with tuna melts (again on sliced courgettes- I fear I'm slightly addicted now lol)

dinner: turkey and veg curry with cauliflower rice

Monday's food:

eggs fried in butter

tuna salad - all prepped and ready to go!

pan fried pork chop with a cheesy veggie bake

Hoping for nice weather this week, I really resent having to lug a coat about lol!

The pork chop was yummy although I am slightly baaad and have my pork slightly on the pink side as I really hate chewy overcooked meat, especially pork, puts me right off if its all overdone.

Tuesday's food:

B: prob just eggs again cooked in butter, out early and no time to be fancy!

L: tuna mayo salad - all made and in lunch box ready to roll!

D: lamb ribs with veggies, haven't decided which veggies to have as of yet, probably roast marrow hmmmm.... decisions!

Loooong day tomorrow so won't be doing anything too taxing with the lamb ribs.

I didn't have any breakfast this morning as it was choice between a shower and eating and being clean won lol
Had a migraine last night so wasnt particularly hungry this morning anyways.

Food for today is looking like this:

a small chuck of cheese

herby salmon with roasted marrow - love this lol I slice the marrow really thinly and it come out all caramelized-gooey-goodness (only found this out by mistake last night lol but love it!)

Mmmmm steak :D with cauliflower and broccoli and a fried egg- muchly excited for dinner lol

scuse my ignorance but whats a marrow ? of course ive heard of it but no idea what it looks like lol x

scuse my ignorance but whats a marrow ? of course ive heard of it but no idea what it looks like lol x

No worries, it looks like a huge courgette lol but it doesnt taste like a courgette! Cant describe the taste off the top of my head though lol
They are in season at the moment so quite cheap which is why I'm eating a lot of them!

20070815170414308.jpg

:) xx

thankyou iwill try to get some to try xx

Back