Paleolicious

Absolutely exhausted! Can't wait to get home and see my bed :)

Need to cook some food for tomorrow's lunch and get an oxtail stew on in the slow cooker as its a loooong day tomorrow.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Got the stew and tomorrow's lunch on, go me! Just waiting for dinner, glad I was proactive and bulk cooked a few portions of savoury mince a few weeks back.

Tomorrow's food:

GF porridge with banana and coconut milk

Chicken and roast veg salad

Oxtail stew with cauliflower and possibly sweet potato

Taken some soup out of the freezer incase I fancy a snack when I get in. Organised.com :cool:

Whoooo 3 day weeeeekend, and I needs it! The plan is sleep, uni work, buy food, eat, sleep and oh did I mention sleep?! I may do a bit of gentle yoga at home if I can get chance whilst my flatmate is out of the way. Should manage a session each of yoga and Pilates at the gym next week, health permitting.

Just had 4 squares of dark chocolate, might have overdone it slightly as feel a tad sick, dont think I'll be wanting anymore anytime soon :rolleyes:

Got to do some food recall diaries and a weighted food diary for monday - *snore* - means I have weigh everything that passes my lips for the next few days, so must ry remember to do it whilst prepping food. Had a shall we say interesting :sigh: lecture on fats yesterday.... errrm no, pass the butter lol

I've just bought a pedometer as only had one on my phone and want to track steps, they are not amazing as I have to be careful and not overdo it but I've been averaging around 5,000 a day since uni started back (this is quite a lot for me and might explain some of the tiredness as was averaging 2,000 before!).

I really want to buy Michael Buble tickets tomorrow, would need to spend tonight convincing someone to go with me though, not been to a proper concert in ages.

So these are my goals for the Christmas challenge, I will of course be as paleo as possible but I do like to follow the 80/20 rule!

Health:
to lose *some* weight and be more comfortable in my clothes (want to lose 13lbs but realistically dont know if that will happen)
to lose some body fat %
to keep to my sleep routine -that makes me sound like a child lol
to do some yoga/Pilates each week
to respect my body and energy levels, and be kind to myself
:)
to do my meditations

Misc:
to not swear (Im not a guttermouth or anything!)
stress less about uni work, be organised
to read a non-uni/nutrition related book

Social:
to have at least one night out a month (health permitting)

Got weighed on my flatmate's scales and they are the same as when I last got weighed on the 10th Sept (different scales but cant get to where I usually weigh in) so I'm 9st 13lbs - glad its still under 10st after last weeks festivities, but want it to head down lower now! Will weigh again next friday.

I have a sore throat which is the sign of impending dooooom :sigh: so lemon and ginger tea (and with a drop of honey - bleugh - if I can stomach the taste!)

Food for today:

bacon and eggs, banana

cold chicken thighs and soup, kiwi fruit

hoping to walk to the shops and get some lamb for dinner as a treat! so lamb and onions

mini challenge for today is.... no snacking!

Last edited:
Got as far as waitrose for some lamb ribs, looking forward to dinner! Donated a tin of ratatouille to St. George's Crypt as they were collecting nonperishable food, only cost 69p but it'll make up a meal for someone who needs it.

Bought some more coconut water and have had a glass mixed with some cranberry juice (doesnt have any sugar or nasties in it) so hopefully that'll do me some good. Vitamin C overload what with the kiwi but want to ward off Fresher's flu lol! Feeling a tad wishy washy now, my eyes have started streaming and just feel generally unwell so, going to snuggle up on the sofa, watch some MasterChef Australia and Star Trek: Into darkness. Uni work can be done tomorrow :p

Feeling sorry for myself as not too good at all :( so duvet day today.
Having lots of fluids, cant stomach the cranberry juice though and all my food yesterday tasted pants. I hate it when taste buds are affected lol
but dont think I'll be eating much today anyways as nauseous.

Going to rest uo and then try get my uni work done, worst comes to worst I can try do the things due monday tomorrow and the things due tuesday on monday as no afternoon session again this week.

Not going to beat myself up!

Today's food:

bowl of soup

square of dark chocolate

feel like I need something plain for dinner, wish I had some sweet potatoes in,
I have some cauliflower so may try cook that in some broth and bake it with
some eggs.

Ended up with a cauliflower bake thingy lol - cooked the cauliflower in broth and mashed it, mixed it with 2 eggs and layered the mix over thinly sliced marrow then topped with cherse and bacon. Nutrient dense and comfort food in one go, was easy to makr too as just had to cook the cauli then banged it in the oven! :)

Last edited:
Enjoyed my dinner, now trying to do a shopping list as shopping in the morning. Pleaseed that I got some uni work done today but need to still do some tomorrow.

lol hope you got further than I did! Mine's still only half done, oh well! Think I'll be having easy, plain meals this week too.

Got up far too early for a poorly person, last lie in before the new week, body clocks stink lol especially as I didnt sleep much last night.
I've upped my vitamin D3 for the duration of this virus or whatever it is! Dont know if it will help me shift it any faster, think it'll probably just have to run its course, just dont want it to cause an ME flare. I'm doing everything I can, eating the right foods, taking my supps and resting so just going to have to ride it out, not looking forward to getting to uni tomorrow though.

Braving the shops today as currently food-less! Then got some uni work to get out of the way, hopefully wont be too time consuming, after that I'm just going to rest up and eat!

Shopping done! Got lunch on, didn't fancy anything earlier so didn't have breakfast.

L: pork ribs with onions and sweet potato

D: liver and onions with cauliflower mash and green beans

Yayyy uni work done and lectures for mon and tues printed off. Meal plan for the week also done!
Not having dinner tonight as too tired to cook and feel sick again. Will maybe have some kiwi fruit or some dark chocolate.

Tomorrow's plan:

Scrambled eggs with 1/2 courgette and some mushrooms

banana

2 cold chicken thighs, some prawns

Liver and onions (with bacon and mushrooms) and cauliflower mashed in stock, green beans

Last edited:
Did a body fat analysis for the first time since May and I'm down 6.8% :D (I used the same machine as in May so think its reliable lol my friend did hers too and it tied in with her last reading). Really happy with this as I've not really losing weight in the last 5 months, just been up n down the same few pounds. Feel inspired to put 100% into looking at portions and whatnot now, as really want to feel comfy in my clothes and have that confidence that I feel when I'm lighter.

Sooo full, love liver but its so filling! Guess thats a good thing.

Tomorrow's food:

Scrambled eggs and some leftover liver

Chicken and roast veg salad

Not 100% sure on dinner yet, will be something easy though as full day in uni tomorrow

seem to be going great , well done ! and fantastic fat loss !!!:)

Finally decided to have some lamb out of the freezer with a sweet potato and some veggies.
I'm excited as I'm getting my taste back lol

I had some kiwi fruit when I got in, been doing really well on the snacking front, just wish all my effort would show on the scales!

Keep thinking its Wednesday for some reason! 2 days down, 2 to go!

Wednesday's food plan:

scrambled eggs with cold liver

banana

chicken and roast veg salad

lamb curry with cauliflower

Got to hustle over home for a blood test to check my vaccination status after uni so that means extra buses, which are the bane of my life at the moment!! Away for a couple of nights from Thursday so need to be organised tomorrow, also need to pack something for friday's breakfast methinks as dont know if the hotel can cater for coeliacs as they've not got back to me, always best to be prepared.

Did a body fat analysis for the first time since May and I'm down 6.8% :D (I used the same machine as in May so think its reliable lol my friend did hers too and it tied in with her last reading). Really happy with this as I've not really losing weight in the last 5 months, just been up n down the same few pounds. Feel inspired to put 100% into looking at portions and whatnot now, as really want to feel comfy in my clothes and have that confidence that I feel when I'm lighter.

That's awesome! From May to now that is a really great result. :)

Hope you are feeling better now, in addition to vit D which I've taken for a good few years, the things that got me through last winter without a proper cold for the first time since coming down with ME were Sambuccol capsules twice a day and turmeric milk/tea whenever I felt like a germ was trying to catch me (Pukka tea do a 3 ginger tea with turmeric in, but at home I make turmeric milk with coconut milk, turmeric, fresh ginger, cardamom, black pepper and honey). I got the odd 'starter sniffle' but it got banished again, I was truly amazed and hoping for the same again this year. Look after yourself! x

That's awesome! From May to now that is a really great result. :)

Hope you are feeling better now, in addition to vit D which I've taken for a good few years, the things that got me through last winter without a proper cold for the first time since coming down with ME were Sambuccol capsules twice a day and turmeric milk/tea whenever I felt like a germ was trying to catch me (Pukka tea do a 3 ginger tea with turmeric in, but at home I make turmeric milk with coconut milk, turmeric, fresh ginger, cardamom, black pepper and honey). I got the odd 'starter sniffle' but it got banished again, I was truly amazed and hoping for the same again this year. Look after yourself! x

Thanks Plum :)

I'll have a look for the pukka tea, I tried making my own turmeric tea a few weeks back and boy it was hard to drink! I did manage the whole cup but it was hard going, I didn't add much but turmeric so maybe thats where I went wrong lol
I'll look for some sambuccol capsules today too, thanks! xx

Back