Pancake Day :-(

i do the cream cheese , egg , vanilla essence and cream one's , they turn out lovely . If i want a bit more filling one's a throw in 2 tsp of ground almond . Splenda and lemon juice on top :) . Btw , the tesco own brand full fat soft cheese goes really well on these , much easier to get the lumps out of :)

Yeah I'm going to give these a go tomorrow too!

I'm surprised it can all stick together without flour. Low carb cooking = witchcraft!

What consistency should the cream, egg and cream cheese be???

Is loving this thread I was dreading pancake day with the kids tomoz now I won't feel left out thank u x

*Michael* said:
Yeah I'm going to give these a go tomorrow too!

I'm surprised it can all stick together without flour. Low carb cooking = witchcraft!

What consistency should the cream, egg and cream cheese be???

Can't beat a bit of witchcraft Michael, after all I'm pretty sure that eye of newt and wing of bat are completely carb free!

Pancake batter is fairly similar consistency to normal batter, maybe slightly thicker but just follow the spell and it'll turn out just fine! X

Hi Jupiter,

i literally just tried your recipe with double cream and cream cheese and the batter was incredibly watery :-S, i followed the recipe so not sure what i could have done wrong, after the first pancake i even added thicker cream and more cream cheese and that only helped slightly, it was still rediculously runny :(

I've done similar in the past with Philly and it was a thick mix.

It should be fine with Philly. Thin is ok after all 'real' batter is thin but definitely not watery! I find some own brand cream cheese to be a bit watery so best to avoid those and stick with the Philly or marscapone? If it seems too thick add a bit more cream :)

poop! :( well i did use a cheap cream cheese, oh well, it didn't look pretty but it was still yummy :) and this time next year i'll be a little slim thing who can eat a pancake or two without worrying :)

i had dietimeal pancakes with sugar free maple syrup for breakfast :D

LifesDesire said:
poop! :( well i did use a cheap cream cheese, oh well, it didn't look pretty but it was still yummy :) and this time next year i'll be a little slim thing who can eat a pancake or two without worrying :)

Yes you will!! X

Ooh were the dietimeal pancakes nice? I have them for tonight. How many did one sachet make?

Back