panicing here!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet' started by Princess123, 12 March 2010 Social URL.

1. Princess123

Princess123 Member

Diet:
    Alkins
    Hi, I started diet on wed's and have had a atkins bar each day as i read on front of packet 2,1g net carbs so thought theses were ok, its only this morning i have read the back and its says each bar is 8,5g!!!! do i go by that net carb on front or the 8,5g.....which means i have over done the carbs the last 2 days:cry: if so im totally GUTTED!!!
    I also had prawns in sauce yesterday for dinner which said it had 4,5g in serving i am allowed this on induction arnt i???
    And i have read on here about pork scrathings, well i have bought pork crunches they say less that 0,1g so they are ok aint they??

sorry 4 all these questions its just i really dont want 2 go wrong and mess it all up:(!

I want 2 stick 2 this diet!!!!!! hehe.

Thanks xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Jim

Jim Big Boy

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Current Weight:
    13st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st1lb
    Lost(%):
    11st13lb(47.71%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Atkins Maintenance
    Providing you count all the carbs in your day and keep them under 20 you'll be OK, having said that you should be getting the majority of your carbs from green leafy veggies love.

Generally on induction I kept away from all pre prepared and processed foods.

4. JULY2010

JULY2010 Full Member

Diet:
    CD SS
    Hi Sis,

Dont panic! if ever you see the words polyos (or something like that) you minus that figure from the total carbs. For your bar, the net carbs are 8.5 and polyos are 6.4 so the carbs you intake will be 2.1 (which is what it says on the front of the bar).

5. Princess123

Princess123 Member

Diet:
    Alkins
    Oh thanks Jim, i think ill stay away from the bars for now, and try and eat more veggies :)

6. Princess123

Princess123 Member

Diet:
    Alkins
    Thanks sis!! panic over now haha x

7. JULY2010

JULY2010 Full Member

Diet:
    CD SS
  8. LVLLM

LVLLM Gold Member

Current Weight:
    11st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Carb Cycling
    I havent tried the bars only as Ill end up going on a binge!
    Yes pork scratchings or crunch are a saviour :D

9. girlygirl1

girlygirl1 Banned

Yes, the count on the front of the bars is net carbs. The polyols (sugar alcohols, subsitutes for real sugar) and fibre need to be subtracted from the total. If it says 3g nc on the front, then it is 3g net carbs.

As jim says processed foods are really best avoided during Induction and you must get your veggies in for health's sake.

The bars stall some people so if losses slow or stop try cutting them down or even out.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.