Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Panicking...has it stopped working?

Discussion in 'Cambridge Weight Plan' started by corinne_j, 26 November 2007 Social URL.

1. corinne_j

corinne_j Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    5st6lb(33.33%)
    Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    Somebody please slap me lol

Since only losing 2lbs last week (yes yes I know I shouldn't be disappointed :D) I've been weighing myself daily (again, I know I shouldn't :D) and the weight doesn't seem to be coming off :mad:

I've convinced myself that CD has suddenly stopped working, even though my rational self knows that physically I cannot not lose weight on so few calories, I'm sticking to it 100% and drinking 4l of water a day...

I'm feeling miserable and fed up!

Corinne x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Dancing

Dancing Gold Member

no it hasn't stopped working. If you have been 100% on plan (not even taking medication that hasn't been discussed with Counsellor, head office, etc) then you would be the first to have it not work. This is why we are advised to keep in mind our monthly loss and not view it a day or week at a time. I scale hop so I'm not telling you not to do it. But do not get hung up on it. Try on some clothes and see if you can feel/see a difference in how they fit. It is often when you don't see a loss on the scales that you will be aware of how it is affecting the fit of your clothes.

You are losing fat. Try not to get caught up on it. Keep doing it 100% and you will have a good loss to make up for the slow week.

4. TIFFERS

TIFFERS Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I know how you feel - I lost 10lbs last week but (as im a scale hopper) i know iv only lost 2- 3 lbs this week - seems alot of dizzyness and fatigue to go through for 2-3lbs!!

5. mommysue

mommysue Silver Member

Diet:
    cambridge
    im a serial scale hopper too. esp when i stick to the diet . when i first started it i was getting up for the loo in the night , i would pee on a ketostix and then hop on the scales at around 4 am !!!!
    sometimes i found i thought i was loosing nothing then get to my cdc and have shifted a few pounds. maybe the inches are melting away this week. keep at it

6. TIFFERS

TIFFERS Full Member

Diet:
    Cambridge Diet
    I wonder if there is a " Scales Addicts" Clinic - Scales Rehab for Scale Hoppers :D

7. Lily

Lily Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st11.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st10.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st1lb(6.38%)
    Diet:
    VLCD
    If you haven't cheated, I promise it's still working :D

Weight loss isn't linear. I've noticed that I stay the same weight (weighing in the the nud, first thing in the morning--good job OH is the only one to see me do this, not a pretty sight!) for several days in a row. The record has been 5 days, actually.

Then, just as I'm beginning to despair, on day 6, I'll drop 3 pounds, and then another pound on day 7--just in time for weigh in. Phew.

Don't panic!

8. k-nine

k-nine Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Boots Diets online
    Hi Corinne, I have my weigh in tomorrow and as far as I can see I have put ON a pound this week! I understand what everyone says about it all working out in the end but it is a bit disheartening isn't it? Still, we'll stick at it won't we???
    K9
    x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.