PANICKING...

Zebs07

Dance the positive spin..
Ocht i hope im just being a silly moo - but i just had a horrid'ble thought - eeeek i really really really hope im panicking about nothing!

I am today starting cruise after doing five days attack! (9lb down so far). My initital aim was to lose a stone - my dream and 'true weight' an extra 7 to make a stone and a half! Anyway im just rereading cruise/conso bits of the book to refresh me for my first day pv! Ok im rambling... Get to the point missus!

If i did succeed in losing stone and a half thats 21x5 days on conso to stabilise! HOWEVER i lost nearly 5 stone on Lipotrim prior! That loss has been maintained for 2 years now within a half stone window (with the recent additional half stone on top of my top end window being due to creep-on since a recent op and christmas etc).

Should i theoretically be counting those pounds aswell and x5'ing to assure proper stabilisation (oh please God, no - i dont even want to work out how many days that would make) or would they be considered already 'stabilised' given its 2 years'ish normally maintained within that half stone window!

HELP...

- - - - - -

Edit: ok im trying sensible rational thought! Dukan questionnaire asked me about my highest weight so it knows about those other pounds and didnt use them in calculating conso!!! But it didnt ask when they were lost - a big difference in stabilisation between 20 days or 20 years for instance lol - hope 2 years is safe!

Ocht im pretty sure im just being a para-fud!

Last edited:
In my very humble opinion and as someone who will be spending 500 odd days in conso if I make it I think two years of staying the same after lipotrim means you are pretty stable after the initial big loss!! But that's just what I think! x

I agree with Trudy (and also have a long conso to look forward to!), I think it's what you lose on Dukan.

I agree. I've seen loads of folks come over to Dukan but their Conso period is always specific to the Dukan phase, not WW, lipotrim, or anything else they were on and lost previously.

My advice would be to follow Dukan 4 phases and if when you get to Stabilisation, you find that its not staying off easily (and it should be easy - really it should NOT come back on without doing some seroius damage) then go back on Conso for another longer period.

I wouldn't stress... its great that you're thinking as far as Conso/Stabilisation. I reckon that's where most folks let themselves down by jumping off plan once target weight is reached at end of Cruise.

Best of luck - you're totally on the right track!!

Thank u folks! That is a relief...

I do truly want to do conso properly - no matter where i get to in cruise!

Altho i have maintained my previous LP loss overall, it has been difficult and i find that with a relax at weejends - the weight jumps up 4-5lbs without me being particularly bad! Altho i can get it straight back off during weekdays, i have to be ultra ultra rationed to do it! Overall i feel that i sometimes get dangerously close to morphing into a binge-starve cycle so am greatly drawn to the logic of conso being the duration it is! Extreme sounding as the 5days to 1lb loss is - i feel, from experience, it may be sensible (no matter how much id like to think otherwise lol).

However back to my original question - im glad for ur responses cos whether i believe in conso principles or not - a difference between my doing 100 odd days or 400 odd days may realistically have a huge impact on my staying power... lol

Agreeing with the previous responses just to consolidate dukan weight loss.

Well done on your previous success. Hope you go on to achieve your goals on dukan :)

Back