Extra Easy Paracetamol and ibuprofen

dipsy1512

Hi everyone

Does anybody know if taking painkillers hinders weight loss? It may seem a daft question but as some of you may know I was ecstatic last week as I was wasting my syns and lost 5lbs. This week however I haven't lost anything so far (I've had a cheeky mid week weigh) I weigh usually on Tuesday mornings. I have been living on painkillers this week due to a horrid tooth extraction but that appears to be calming down and due to this I've only managed 1 gym session

I'm a bit worried I'm going back to the previous weeks where is was STS

Paracetamon and ibuprofen

I don't take then so I'm unsure. But my scales measure water in the body. Whenever I have a cold or feel ill my body retains water.
So unsure if our bodies retain water to help fight off sickness or whether that's just me :)

Hi everyone

Does anybody know if taking painkillers hinders weight loss? It may seem a daft question but as some of you may know I was ecstatic last week as I was wasting my syns and lost 5lbs. This week however I haven't lost anything so far (I've had a cheeky mid week weigh) I weigh usually on Tuesday mornings. I have been living on painkillers this week due to a horrid tooth extraction but that appears to be calming down and due to this I've only managed 1 gym session

I'm a bit worried I'm going back to the previous weeks where is was STS

Not a silly question at all. I only just found out you need to syn chewing gum and cod liver oil tablets!

Sorry that didn't answer your question! Painkillers shouldn't harm weight loss, but the impact of being unwell; lack of activity etc may do.

Fattififi is spot on - there's nothing in paracetamol or ibuprofen that will cause weight gain, but the effects of illness might. Hope you're feeling better.

Dipsy, if you're in pain, take the painkillers. It is much more important that you feel comfortable and get well soon - if you are continuing to eat well, don't worry - the weight loss will come!

I've had teeth extractions before and they are horribly painful things, most important thing is that you look after yourself. I hope you feel better soon xx

(p.s. STAY AWAY FROM THOSE MIDWEEK SCALES!!)

If they contain codeine then they will definitely cause constipation, but not weight 'gain' - it'll go when you go lol. Codeine is part of same family as morphine - and you used to be able to get kaolin & morphine mixture for upset tummies because it stopped diarrhoea. The opiates make the digestive system slower because they slow the body down.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

Back