paracetemol / Ibuprofen

Kim26

Gold Member
I was just wondering can Paracetemol or Ibuprofen take you out of ketosis?

I've got my TOTM and i get really bad cramps so was taking them 4hrly with my shakes yesterday and once today and now i'm worried they could have knocked me out of ketosis as my stomach has been rumbling LOADS today!:eek:

Thanks for your help! :)

oops i have a feeling the inbuprofen were sugar coated - all i had in my bag and didn't pay the blindest bit of notice! Lesson learnt! Thanks Lucy!

It might not have definitely put you out of ketosis though - my stomach makes the weirdest noises anyway!! ;) And I sympathise - I've been knocking back paracetamol this week for the same reason :( x

Ibuprofen can be hard on the stomach like asprin, so that may be why your stomach is gurgling - especially as on this diet you have less in your stomach.

Paracetamol has less affect on your stomach so should be kinder on your tum.

I've had lots of paracetamol with codeine on this diet and I had no problems.

Have a chat to a pharmacist for the best advice.

Thanks ladies,
I normally find that paracetemol is as good as ibuprofen. I wonder if the caplets are better......i make sure i take them with a shake/bar so there is something in my stomach when its doing it job.

I used a ketostick thingy last night and it showed i was in ketosis so i assume it was either the ibuprofen or just my stomach being gurgly!

Back