Partner says i look fat :(

Thankyou all xx I told him he made me feel bad and all he said was sorry I was just being honest :( guess I need to shift more for him to actually notice xxxx

sw girl liss xxx

That old excuse 'I was just being honest', is just an excuse for being rude. I wouldn't want to speak to him again if he'd said that to me.
What's your weight got to do with your relationship? It's not as important as looking after your feelings. He sounds horrid (sorry if you still like him, but don't be a doormat and don't allow hurtful comments either)

Ew he doesnt sound very kind! Have you actually put on weight?? Even if you had he shouldnt comment but if you haven't that even worse haha

Guess iv kinda let him get away with things so he feels he can say it but that word (fat) is horrid I really dislike that word x and yea I have put on weight since we was first together and I'm back at my starting weight 12st 1 due to a bad day I had but I'm back on track and trying hard to loose I'm getting weighed tmora so time will tell xxx

sw girl liss xxx

I think you look great ....
my first respons would be to give him a FAT lip... but since we are being nice and he obviously likes being honest -next time you are getting jiggy -lift the covers and in your sweetest voices declare "ooh honey I know I haven't seen you for a couple of weeks -but IT really is as small as I remembered" :D

Playing devil's advocate for a bit - he could have meant that the top isn't flattering, he's just a bloke and can't express himself properly :p

You look lovely hun, and think how sticking to your new eating plan will see the weight drop off and then you can chuck his words back in his face *hug*

CAPRICORN said:
my first respons would be to give him a FAT lip... but since we are being nice and he obviously likes being honest -next time you are getting jiggy -lift the covers and in your sweetest voices declare "ooh honey I know I haven't seen you for a couple of weeks -but IT really is as small as I remembered" :D

PMSL!!! Capricorn - that is simply brilliant advice.

No he ment I looked fat he didn't say it was the top I asked him and he said no u just look fat :(

CAPRICORN said:

I love this I am defo going to use it xxx

sw girl liss xxx

you look great, don't worry about him, take no notice :)

sometimes we just can't win no matter what we do, too thin, too fat, blah blah they just need to have something to say. take no notice, you look fab :)

katty said:
sometimes we just can't win no matter what we do, too thin, too fat, blah blah they just need to have something to say. take no notice, you look fab :)

It's kinda disheartening though as I want him to be able to look at me and think wow she looks fab not oo she looks fat xx

sw girl liss xxx

It's kinda disheartening though as I want him to be able to look at me and think wow she looks fab not oo she looks fat xx

sw girl liss xxx

yeah, i had a similar situation not so long ago with a family member and their comments, its really upsetting and its just not nice.

Katty its worse when it's family or partner if it was a stranger I wouldn't really take that much notice but it's my partner so for me it's worse xxx

sw girl liss xxx

I used to have that with an Ex....theres a reason he is an Ex though.

My OH loves me for me. He has seen me at my heaviest and doesn't mind if I lose the weight or not - he wants me to be happy, fat or thin.

a partner should be building your self esteem not knocking it, whether it was tactless or not, only you know if this was a one off tactless comment or just another incident. If it was a tactless comment move on, if it was a pattern of bringing you down, think on.

Please please take Capricorn's advice :giggle: and report back to us his reaction lol x x x

Thankyou all xx I told him he made me feel bad and all he said was sorry I was just being honest :( guess I need to shift more for him to actually notice xxxx

sw girl liss xxx

Or maybe you should "shift" him? He'd notice that...

You do not look fat, and like others have said - honest or not, there is no need for a comment like that when what you need is support and acknowledgement that you are actually trying! Ugh, get rid hun and find someone who loves you for you :) xx

Back