Pasta recipes without tomatoes

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
Hi there!

As the title says, I'm looking for ideas for pasta sauces that don't have tomato. I like tomato sauces on pasta, but I get fed up of them quite easily. What does everybody have with their pasta?

I'm looking for cheap ideas if possible :)

Thanks! xx

we can't eat tomatoes so we have the following;
mushroom sauce
spinach and ricotta
roasted pepper sauce
syn some pesto
carbonara SW style
leek and bacon in a white sauce

hello, i am new to this site, but have done slimming world before.
what i used to do is use some laughing cow light triangles.
i put a little water in a saucepan, and added the triangle out of my A allowance for the day, then depending on the flavour i fancied either just some herbs, or mushrooms, friend onions, the choices are plenty. i then gently heated up the water and triangle, dont let it boil, just melt.
once it all melted down i added a little low fat fromage fraise to take the cheese note of, this leaves a nice creamy sauce that goes with pasta potatoes or rice. and if you are using your A its free

also you can make a lovely pasta sauce out of pureed roasted butternut squash

Sounds yummy. How do you do it? Just roast it and then what? Sorry...being dense!!! ;)

I love plain fried mushrooms with salt and pepper...just put a small amount of water when frying the mushrooms and it gives a really nice flavour to the pasta.

Sounds yummy. How do you do it? Just roast it and then what? Sorry...being dense!!! ;)

Just roast it in some frylight with some herbs of your choice, rosemary and crushed garlic works well.

Then when it is roasted, add a little bit of chicken stock and blitz it up with a hand blender into sauce. Pour over cooked pasta with a little bit of grated parmesan on top. Delicious!!!

i over garlic-ed my pasta today :( all i can taste, spoiled it a bit.

How about extra light mayo, cheese and sweetcorn.

Mushroom and garlic

Peppers and Soy sauce

x

Just roast it in some frylight with some herbs of your choice, rosemary and crushed garlic works well.

Then when it is roasted, add a little bit of chicken stock and blitz it up with a hand blender into sauce. Pour over cooked pasta with a little bit of grated parmesan on top. Delicious!!!

Wow! Sounds great. Thanks. Will definitely try it :)

Back