Pathetic Losses=Change of Goal

Maka

A New Woman
I really don't mean to winge but I am dreading my 6th weigh-in tomorrow.
I am happy I am losing - yesterday I fitted into pants I last wore Summer 2006 which has got to be great!
But because of my depressing losses(all this water, exercise and yucky shakes for a mere kilo!)I have changed my goal because I am increasingly miserable, often hungry and getting headaches.
I haven't cheated yet and I don't intend to.
I bought myself a pretty, summery Size 14 dress yesterday and I want to fit into it at the end of June. Currently, Size 18's too baggy, Size 16's too snug(obscene is more like it, really!)
I will refeed and Atkins through July/August and return in September to shift some more before Christmas.
I was always happy when I was 12/14.
I just can't bear being so grumpy, irritable and hard-done-by the scales!

Ah feel free to winge away! that's what we're here for.
I don't think your losses are that bad at all, I normally work in lbs so it looks more LOL! I think your goal sounds fine, a 12/14 isn't fat at all, maybe you'll decide to reset your goal when you get there?

Anyway, have you considered that you might be excercising too much and putting your body in starvation mode? That may account for smaller losses sometimes.

All the best,

SW
xx

Thanks Skinkwitch. I feel better now that someone's actually responded. None of my friends know I'm doing this; I've stayed away so they won't get nosy so it's great to hear from someone whp knows what I am on about.

I just about manage exercise 3x a week and it's a 1-2 mile walk.
It has helped with my shape - I'm an hourglass and my waistline is back! Just the thighs that thunder away - stubborn things!!!

I've also played around with my drinking water levels to see if that made a difference, but the week I upped it to nearly 6L, I lost just under 2lbs, so I've gone back to around 4L per day.

I've timed my shakes/bars differently...I think I've done what I can.
Starvation mode? now that's a thought. I am hungry constantly - been like that all week and it's doing my head in. My morning checks show that I have moderate ketones, so that's fine then.

Just shifting the goal-posts this morning, when I woke up with a throbbing head, started making me feel better. But two dress sizes in 5 weeks???

The excercise doesn't sound too excessive on it's own, but guess it depends on what the rest of your lifestyle's like really - if you're generally active then you might be creating too much of a calorie deficit.
I'll be honest, you sound like you've got the problem I had, I was hungry even though I was in ketosis, proper hungry not "head hungry" for the first 5-6 weeks. :( It does go, or you learn to ignore it, not quite sure which it is as I'm now on refeed/maintenance and still don't feel hungry.

As for the dress sizes, that's another thing that can happen to people all at once, I know I waited a few weeks to drop a size, then within 2 more weeks I was the next size down after that! Bodies are strange and mysterious creatures LOL.

Wow! thanks so much. I do feel a whole lot better. I just looked at your losses...you really stuck it out and should be proud of yourself.
I'm going to take my sons out to the park now for their play and my walk. Maybe some fresh air will do me some good.
Cheers!

TBH exercise shouldn't make a difference as you are on as many calories a day as you use....so in my eyes the more the better! Some people me incuded just lose weight slower as our damn bodies want to hold on to the fat...but it will give!!!
I also have problems with thunder thighs and i posted a question a few weeks back people said after a while the fat just started to melt away... so i am waiting for this.
That being said, you have to do whats right for you and go with your instinct....
I also read last night that if you drink caffine before exercising it helps burn fat...think i am going to give this ago x

Thunder thighs.........don't talk to me about thunder thighs. They are the damn things stopping my size 12 jeans!

I also read last night that if you drink caffine before exercising it helps burn fat...think i am going to give this ago x

oooowww I'll have a cup of coffee before my LTT tonight!! I love that you read books Nic...means I don't have to LOL.xx

LMAO ....I love reading about stuff..... I think if i am armed with all the info i can find...somehow it makes things easier x

Im with ya there Nic - Knowledge is power as they say!!

Back