Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

Pinkylous, I am sure the comments weren't meant to be rude!
7lbs in 4 weeks is not a bad result!
I started off following "I can make you thin". Didn't use any of the exercises or CD's that came with it. My losses probably would have been better, but like you, I struggled to recognise when I was full. I still have to remind myself constantly to listen to my body, make regular pauses during eating ect.
As far as I am concerned, if that's the only downside to this system, I am happy! It beats all the other restictions and "rules" that come with other diets!
At the end of the day, we have to find something that we are happy to live with longterm, be it calorie counting, points, syns, meal replacements ect ect ect! All those options work to get weight off, but I, over the years have become rather sceptical as to weather these work to keep the weight off long term?!
I've done all of the above and all helped me to lose weight...but I am now bigger then ever! :-(
I am now reluctant to "diet" because I know that the constant dieting is the only cause of my big butt! I am sick and tired of being obsessed with what I eat. Having almost slight panic attacks when going out, being at parties. I used to be obsessed with writing everything I ate down, weighing myself constantly, feeling guilty for eating a single biscuit. As if one biscuit would make me gain a stone....how daft!
Yes, ok, the losses on this system might not be as fast as I would like them to be, but I can be "normal". I find this sooo liberating!
I hope you can find a weightloss system that will suit you! :)

I have committed to the four golden rules and in no way did I expect it to be magic!

I have lost 7lbs in four weeks but I put that down to calorie control.

For some reason my brain does not seem to recognise the full feeling regardless of if I chew my food 20 times or 50 times! Therefore the op obviously did not work for me!

Just because it worked for you and did not work for me does not mean I did not give it my best! I actually find your comments rude!

Different things work for different people and this clearly did not work for me even after putting the effort in!

Sorry - didn't intend for you to be hurt by any if these comments and am horrified that you find them rude - apologies again.
I would like to say though, if I'd lost 7 pounds in 4 weeks, I'd think that was a great result.........but as you say we're all different x

I have committed to the four golden rules and in no way did I expect it to be magic!

I have lost 7lbs in four weeks but I put that down to calorie control.

For some reason my brain does not seem to recognise the full feeling regardless of if I chew my food 20 times or 50 times! Therefore the op obviously did not work for me!

Just because it worked for you and did not work for me does not mean I did not give it my best! I actually find your comments rude!

Different things work for different people and this clearly did not work for me even after putting the effort in!

If I was included in the being rude bit then my sincere apologies also. I would never mean to upset or offend anyone. We are all here to support each other and like you say, different things work for different people.

What I was trying to understand from you was how you felt it didn't work. I have also not experienced feeling full when I am eating but I know that as long as I follow the four rules then I will lose weight. I've been on enough diets over the years to know what a normalish portion size is so because I don't get the full feeling, I try to just make sure I have what I understand to be a normal portion and make sure I eat it mindfully. If I feel like snacking between meals then I try to ask myself first if I'm truly hungry or if I could manage to wait until my next meal.

If you have lost 7lbs over the last four weeks then something has definitely been working for you. Over a year at that rate is 6 stones! If you haven't felt deprived with this way of eating then I would try to carry on for another month and see if you start to recognise the feeling of fullness?

Once again, my apologies if anything I have said has upset you x

Wish I could say it was working for me but overall it isn't. I'm conscious about my meals and when I'm full I quit but sadly, I'm a picker and that I seem unable to control and when you pick you don't really get full but the calories pile on. Shame, I had high hopes for this as a bit fed up with slimming world and other restrictions.

Morning all. Just to let you know I have lost 7 lbs in my first week. Completely flabbergasted! I have to say though I have attempted this a few times but this time it seems to have clicked. Very happy
hope everyone else is having a good day x

Morning all. Just to let you know I have lost 7 lbs in my first week. Completely flabbergasted! I have to say though I have attempted this a few times but this time it seems to have clicked. Very happy
That's fantastic....a super well done! I know what you mean by "clicked". You have to be ready to give it a proper go mentally don't you? :)

Wish I could say it was working for me but overall it isn't. I'm conscious about my meals and when I'm full I quit but sadly, I'm a picker and that I seem unable to control and when you pick you don't really get full but the calories pile on. Shame, I had high hopes for this as a bit fed up with slimming world and other restrictions.

Hi there. I combine the HGB with the 'I can make you thin' book and CD. If you have an iPhone there's an app. There are tools with this that you can use to help with picking and craving. The two systems are similar, but the ICMYT it seems more focused on you and your perception and attitudes. I downloaded it by accident as I thought it was the HGB trance, but I'm pleased I did.
Worth a try? X

Brilliant! Well done you x

Well done on the 7lber!... lovely jubbly! xxx

Ok, 1 week over and a 2lb loss. I was hoping for more but I am still struggling with picking and not scoffing loads of chocolate. I have been tryin to follow the golden rules and I know it will take time. But, if I can at least lose 2lb a week between now and next June (I want to be healthier and slimmer for glastonbury festival) then I will be a lot nearer my goal (I have around 6 stone to lose.

What do people do with regerds to set lunchtimes in work when they arent hungry? This sometimes happens with me but I cant change my lunch hour at work to be flexible!

i am normally that busy in the middle of the day that i simply dont stop for lunch.

so i make sure i have a breakfast that will suffice.. then about4.30 I have my meal.. and about 8 I will eat a snack... at first i wondered whether this was ok. but it has worked out well..and i really dont feel hungry during the day.

xx

Well done for those losses, that's great news!

I've bought the ICMYT book so I'm going to be using that too combined with the HGB as I'm a binge water and the HGB alone isn't helping with that specifically.

My son is starting school in a couple of weeks so I'm putting this on hold so that I can give it my all once things are settled. I don't know about other people but I find I need life to be calm and routinely before I can concentrate fully on being healthy. Perhaps that's part of my problem!

Ok, 1 week over and a 2lb loss. I was hoping for more but I am still struggling with picking and not scoffing loads of chocolate. I have been tryin to follow the golden rules and I know it will take time. But, if I can at least lose 2lb a week between now and next June (I want to be healthier and slimmer for glastonbury festival) then I will be a lot nearer my goal (I have around 6 stone to lose.

What do people do with regerds to set lunchtimes in work when they arent hungry? This sometimes happens with me but I cant change my lunch hour at work to be flexible!

Well done on your loss!
Hmmmm, I wonder about this, as I work out at the gym in the afternoon and can't eat within 2 hours of my session. I try to time it, but again like you, sometimes I'm not sufficiently hungry. Most days I just eat anyway, but I am conscious that this is breaking one of the 'Goldens' and could be the reason I'm only losing tiny amounts.........
Maybe, as Miss Miff suggests,trying the good breakfast thing is the answer and then eat something after the gym. I will def be hungry then! Lol!
Let me know what you decide to do. Well done again x

Well done for those losses, that's great news!

I've bought the ICMYT book so I'm going to be using that too combined with the HGB as I'm a binge water and the HGB alone isn't helping with that specifically.

My son is starting school in a couple of weeks so I'm putting this on hold so that I can give it my all once things are settled. I don't know about other people but I find I need life to be calm and routinely before I can concentrate fully on being healthy. Perhaps that's part of my problem!

That seems like a plan, you've got to do what you can cope with.
Would be interested to know how you find ICMYT. I quite like it. It's more 'self helpy', I think,and seems to support you as a person with the reasons for over eating etc. and helps with your perception of yourself. X

dbbd

I'll let you know TheConstantslimmer, it seems to have helped other people with their eating issues so hopefully it will help me too.

Hi I am popping in to subscribe. I am considering adding the PM gastric band to slimming world and can see from previous posts that some people are okay with doing this and some are dead against. Can anyone help me with some advice or results of combining the two? Also people are mentioning the book and the CD, do I need to purchase both? Sorry I am a little confused as I have not had time to read all the previous posts properly yet, just been skimming. Thank you xx

Hi Anju and welcome!
Speaking as a former Slimmingworld Consultant, I personally think that the 2 would go well together. All in all SW eating plans are healthy, BUT I also think that it teaches people to overeat. I myself are a terrible overeater and that's my main reason to have such a big butt now LOL
I can't see any reason why you couldn't combine the two! The book does come with the CD, so you'll have both!
I hope this helps a little!

Oh and before I forget, WOW...your losses have been fantastic! You must be hugely dedicated! Well done you!

Thanks Angela, really grateful for the advise. I am really focused and committed to losing, but have weeks when I lose 1lb, then 1/2 lb, then STS then a 3.5lb loss! It is difficult to keep motivated when you have tried really hard and the results are delayed. I am just looking for something to boost the losses in those weeks and keep myself motivated. Just looking for a steady 2lb loss each week. Amazon are selling the book and DVD for £6.50, so will get online and order now.
thank you xxx

My friend does slimming world and too was having decreasing losses, I mentioned this book to her, and her losses have doubled since.

Best of luck x

Anju, never go by what you lose on a weekly basis! Our weight naturally fluctuates week in week out for many reasons. It's not uncommon to see up to 5lbs difference from one day to another! Women especially! Adding your weekly losses over a month, gives you a much clearer picture how you are losing!
Slow losses are generally healthier and easier to maintain too! Another thing to consider is that we always lose quicker when we are bigger, but as your weight goes down, the loses decrease!

Back