Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

gmds

This is the reasons I don't weigh myself anymore as I get too fixated on the numbers. If my clothes feel looser then I know I'm doing well and I've also measured myself and will do it again in a month.

I mentioned a hypnotherapist I had found in my local area earlier in this thread as I would like to get control of my binge eating. We have had quite a long email conversation and she seems lovely. I was honest with her and said that money would be difficult to come for weekly sessions and so she suggested we try once per month so I'm going to do that. I really hope she is able to help me and give me the tools I need to be able to control my binges. All the self help books seem to suggest only eating when you are hungry which is all well and good but as an emotional water, the compulsion to binge overcomes all feelings of hunger and I literally am uncontrollable until the binge ends.

Hi I am popping in to subscribe. I am considering adding the PM gastric band to slimming world and can see from previous posts that some people are okay with doing this and some are dead against. Can anyone help me with some advice or results of combining the two? Also people are mentioning the book and the CD, do I need to purchase both? Sorry I am a little confused as I have not had time to read all the previous posts properly yet, just been skimming. Thank you xx

I'm using the good lessons from Slimming World and combining with HGB and ICMYT - it all seems to fit quite well! I do agree with whoever said that Slimming World teaches you to over eat though. I now understand that telling someone that they can eat as much as they like of a certain selection of foods can't be right. Surely the message should be more like - eat this good stuff from the list until you are full....
If I fancy a certain food though, and I'm hungry, I will have it (Golden Rules). If its yummy and everything I wanted it to be, I will eat it until I'm full. If its not - I leave it. ( unheard of pre HGB, if its sweet its going in until I feel sick....)
Welcome aboard - let us know how you get on x

Please don't get me wrong (before I get slaughtered LOL) - I love SW . It helped me get into my dream wedding dress. First time around a tight size 16, last time around size 12, taken in to a 10 on the hips! X

Thank you all for your wonderful advise. I can't wait for my pack to arrive, will update my losses and let you know if I see a change. Good luck to all xxx

Today is my birthday. I woke up feeling sad as I binged yesterday but I've taken control back and my binge foods ( choc, crisps and ice cream) are banished from my life forever. I'm in charge, not my body!

This isn't depriving myself of these foods, I'm simply choosing not to eat them as they make me lose control. I can eat ANYTHING ELSE but these foods.

I'm keeping a journal and the notes make me sound and feel like a complete butter nut im still going to show them to the hypnotherapist when I meet her as at least she'll understand what it is then.

Have a wonderful birthday Mairead. It is sad how we allow food to control our moods. I can totally relate as today I am feeling down as we have guests over this weekend and hubbie has brought lots of naughty food into the house. I need to resist and stay in control and am already battling with myself and can feel myself weakening!!! Enjoy your birthday, one day a year is not going to harm you.

Happy birthday Mairead!
Well done for taking back control :)
I was a total icecream addict aswell but since I bought a Yonanas machine (which uses just frozen fruit to make something remarkably similar to icecream incase you haven't heard of it) I can take it or leave it.

Also, hi Anju,and well done to everyone on their losses :)

Weigh in day for me tommorow so keeping my fingers crossed for a good loss this week!

Also, hi Anju,and well done to everyone on their losses :)

Weigh in day for me tommorow so keeping my fingers crossed for a good loss this week!

How did you get on Kie?

I stayed the same Mairead - but I forgot that TOTM was due, so hoping for a better result next week!
Yes, TOTM will have something to do with it! I am in the same boat and feel like I've gained a stone. Totally bloated and sluggish! I remember a couple of years ago...I gained 5lbs in one week and lost 7lbs the week after! All due to TOTM, but it does knock you back doesn't it?!
My weigh in day is tomorrow. Hoping to have lost just a little bit!
My aim was to get back to my pre-holiday weight by this week...we'll see!
Good luck for next week! x

Last edited:
Weigh day and I am over the moon to have lost 4lbs this week AND the best thing about it, I haven't dieted at all!!!
I am now just under my pre-holiday weight!
This is my biggest weekly loss on this way of eating and I put it down to halving my portions!
Whenever I could, I cooked the main meals for lunch. Filled my plate as I normally would, but halved everything and put it on a separate plate. I kept the other half either for dinner or had it for lunch the next day. The same for breakfast. As I would normally have 2 slices of toast, I only had one. One Weetabix instead of 2, sandwiches with only 1 slice and so on!
I didn't limit myself on fruit and had some in between meals or (full fat) yoghurts. I'll not eat anything diet related. No reduced fat or sugar and I am loving it!
So basically, I halved my calorie intake without any counting and I wasn't hungry at all at any point!

Hope you are all having a great week too! :)

Well done Angela on your loss and well done Kie on staying the same at TOTM as that's not easy with bloating etc.

I took my measurements yesterday and have a 6 week fitness plan to do so hopefully that, along with eating properly, will do great things with my measurements.

I bought the ICMYT book as a couple of people here recommended and I think it's much better for tackling emotional eating than the HGB alone so I'll be listening to that CD tonight.

I listened to the ICMYT CD last night after finishing the book. I had listened to the HGB CD 3 or 4 times but I wasn't sure if I had gone into a trance although I was relaxed. The ICMYT CD on the other hand, I couldn't tell you what he was talking about as I was just daydreaming through it all and then I found myself dipping into it when I must've unconsciously heard him telling me to imagine myself how I want to be etc.

It always makes me laugh at the end as I have a good stretch and yawn and then directly after I do that he says 'you might want to have a good stretch and yawn'.:)

So, feeling good today, eating well for the second day in a row and will be off to the gym tonight.

I'm also keeping a journal about how I feel each day, whether I feel like i've eaten well and why I think I 'fell off the wagon' which invariably happens at times. Does anyone else do this? I started it just before I had an email from a Hypnotherapist I had been in contact with about my binge/emotional eating and she suggested this as a good thing to do as it helps to highlight the events which may have led to me having a binge, and therefore start to recognise any patterns if there are any. Does anyone else keep a journal for this journey?

Hope you are all doing well.

MissMiff, if you are around, how are you getting on? Your story inspired me to start with the HGB in the first place.

Keeping a journal sounds like a good plan Mairead! Like you said, it'll help you to highlight your problem times!
I used to do it alone side a food journal, but I stopped doing it a while ago. I knew before I started that my main problem is boredom!
Due to cost of childcare, I am not working and it's driving me insane! There are only so many walks you can do everyday before they get boring too! It's really frustrating that the childcare will be more then I would earn, especially during the holidays.

MissMiff, if you are around, how are you getting on? Your story inspired me to start with the HGB in the first place.

Hi there. . I'm still here and still losing. . 8 stone 10 so far since Feb 2013.. still loving the whole experience. I've had a 3 week holiday which involved a birthday too.. and it slowed my losses down somewhat but now back on it. Feeling so positive at the moment. ..

I haven't been this light since I had my son 16 years ago. I still have a good few stone to get rid of but I just know this time is going to happen.

Feel like I have been released from a prison sentence where food controlled my every waking hour.

Every day is not just good. . is great xxxxx

Feel like I have been released from a prison sentence where food controlled my every waking hour.

This is exactly how I have felt about myself for as long as I can remember BUT NO MORE!

This is exactly how I have felt about myself for as long as I can remember BUT NO MORE!
You me and many many more have and are still feeling like this!
This way is so liberating!
I used to be completely addicted to chocolate! Not a single day would go by without me having some!
Yesterday, my husband offered me a piece of chocolate and I was able to say "no thank you!" and not because I "wasn't allowed" to have any, no....I simply didn't feel like having any! I never thought that was possible!
There is chocolate in the cupboard and if I feel like having some, I WILL have it...one piece , two or even all of it if I am hungry!

'Feel like I have been released from a prison sentence where food controlled my every waking hour.

Every day is not just good. . is great xxxxx[/QUOTE]'

Agree, agree, agree!

Well done on all your losses (and maintains - I can relate, I maintain - a lot)!
I've got 3 pounds to go to my previously unattainable goal weight, after nearly 7 years of trying! Can't quite believe it! X

Great week for me. . did have a day of sickness and diarrhoea which may have helped matters lol. .but ended up losing 7 lb this week. . taking my total losses to 9 stone 3 lb. .. I'm actually having a cry. ..I love Paul McKenna... lol x

Back