Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

Ok, so I've had 2 weeks of sticking to 3 meals a day and no bingeing. 12 out of the 14 days were all good and I just had 2 where I was picking at extra foods.

I don't weigh myself any longer but I did measure myself and after two weeks I'm very pleased to say that I've lost 13cm of my fat! 3cm off of each of boobs, back/chest, waist, and hips and 1cm off my leg.

Very pleased with that after only 2 weeks! I've been rubbish at listening to the cd but this has given me the motivation to re-listen tonight.

It's been quiet on here this week so I hope that's because everyone is just doing so well xx

Hi Mairead...that's a fabulous result! Well done!
Are you measuring weekly or fortnightly?
Best of all, we can do this without dieting!
I stayed the same last week, but that's fine with me! I am re-training myself to look at the bigger picture rather then weekly results!
Weigh day for me tomorrow!

Wow that's just brilliant Miaread...

Keep up the good work and let us all know how your getting on xxxx

Hi Mairead...that's a fabulous result! Well done!
Are you measuring weekly or fortnightly?
Best of all, we can do this without dieting!
I stayed the same last week, but that's fine with me! I am re-training myself to look at the bigger picture rather then weekly results!
Weigh day for me tomorrow!

I was just going to do a 6 week plan and then see what happened with the measurements but I decided to measure today as I wasn't sure if I'd made any progress or not. I was pleasantly surprised by the result so I'll do it again in 2 weeks.

I took my son out for lunch in the week as he started school this week. We have a Thorntons in the High St and we passed it after we had eaten. I first thought 'ooh I could get some lovely chocolate', then a second UNINVITED thought came into my mind 'i've just had lunch so I'm not hungry'. That was a first!

I think you are doing it right Mairead, by not measuring every week. I am still a bit obsessed with my scales! I am fully aware that I can't get accurate results by constantly jumping on the scales, but I still do it! Maybe I just need the reassurance that it's working?!
Anyway....lost 1lb this week, but I must admit I struggled this week as I REALLY missed my cigarettes! I compensated with food, but I am glad I still managed to lose a little!

Hi Everyone

I recently purchased PM Gastric band book off of Amazon and it should come through tomorrow. Never joined one of these forums before but found this thread so inspiring I thought I would join.

I'm overweight but not obese (borderline though). I'm a determined person and in everything I normally do I succeed but diet is something where I've never quite managed to achieve my goals.

I'm one of those guys where all my body weight goes straight onto my stomach and man boobs. It's funny as my arms, shoulders and legs are quite toned and nice but my stomach makes me look 8 months pregnant and I have the boobs of a fifteen year old girl.

I want to loose weight for confidence and also health reasons. Dad died from heart disease four years ago and I know I'm massively pre-disposed to it due to a long genetic history.

I am able to lose weight when I'm able to follow a healthy eating lifestyle. I'm convinced that Paleo is the way to go health wise and long term want to move back onto paleo for the health reasons. Whenever I have the time to cook at home and do the shopping I can always successfully lose weight, and quite steadily. The problem with this is that going into an office or going away for the weekend always makes paleo eating very hard. There are too many variables to rely on it for consistent weight loss. For me that is where PM comes in. I've taken myself off any kind of diet for a while so that I can learn to manage my weight regardless of what I eat (thus removing all variables). I'm going travelling with the Mrs in six months and I know that control over what I eat is going to be almost impossible. Once I've learned how to control my weight despite what I eat I will go back to trying to eat healthy when I can and not stressing so much when I can't.

I'm quite a naturally muscly big guy (whether or not I go to the gym) and my main concern with this is that by not eating very much and doing a lot of running my body will just eat away at muscle instead of fat thus making it harder to lose weight as my metabolism will slow down. Most of the people that seem to do this HGB thing seem to be girls so I was wondering if there are any guys that did this and what they found whilst doing it? I don't want to be tall and lanky and would like to maintain my natural build.

The fat around my stomach and chest area always seems almost impossible to remove. I always lose everything else very easily but when it comes to that it's like my body clings to it (stupid Scandinavian genetics).

Will let you all know how I get on. I have known people that go on special diets and it always seems to me that they become obsessive and hung up about food. The ideas that paul mckenna imparts seem so wise as to build a healthy psychological relationship up around food.

I will try to do everything to the letter with this. The only thing i might change is eating something made of protein and very low carb first thing in te morning (usually a boiled egg or something). Not only does this increase metabolism but I've found that it's a fantastic way to regulate your own hunger levels. Whenever I eat refined carbs (like cereal or toast) in the morning it always seems to massively interfere with my natural appetite. I think due to the insulin and blood sugar response it brings. I know he says not to mess with diet at all but I think I will do this one thing as it will help to achieve the goals of the book.

Just one more question for those that have been successful with it. I know that he says to eat whenever hungry. Does this include snacks? I've seen on here that a lot of you are waiting for dinner. I've tried this before and I would find that I didn't need to eat all of my food. However, I'd usually get peckish a couple of hours later and would have a small snack again until suitably satiated. Would you guys recommend I avoid doing this?

Also, did you find that it was harder to lose weight the more weight that you lost with the paul mckenna thing?

Good luck to you all. Very inspiring to see people in a much more severe situation than me take action and make such a positive improvement to their lives.

Hi birdie87 and welcome. I found your paragraph about succeeding in everything else but diet funny as that is just the same as me. I'm in good control of every area of my life apart from diet!

As for your other information, I think you just have to find your own way of doing it. You are unlikely to find that you get too thin because if you are listening and responding to your body then you are giving it the food it is asking for. I haven't seen evidence on here of people only being able to eat only tiny bits of food like a real GB, it's more that you tune into your body more and identify the amount of food your body needs, and if you are used to huge portions then it would probably seem like you are eating a lot less if that makes sense.

I have found more success by listening to the PM I Can Make You Thin CD than the HGB because my eating is more emotional eating rather than just eating too much at each mealtime.

People do this all sorts of ways, I try to keep myself to 3 meals a day because that's how I feel in control and my mealtimes are usually when I can fit them in as I'm busy so I don't necessarily wait until I'm really hungry. Other people do it in combination with a diet such as Slimming World and even tho this is not what PM would agree with, it can be successful for some. Everyone is different and if changing the plan works for you then do it x

AngelaSS - well done on the loss! I had to stop weighing myself because I was obsessed with it and it was in control of me. So I stopped and feel so much better for it. That's why I'm going by measurements.

Hi birdie. .

I hope this gives you some inspiration. The picture is of my hubby who had been doing the PMHGB since Feb this year. .losing a total of 6 stone 10lb so far. .

1378728496538.jpg

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Wow Mr Missmiff, that's amazing! How about your before and current picture Missmiff?

I still have a few stone to go yet. . but I'll post a so far picture soon x

I had my celebratory tattoo done today for losing my 10 stone...

im so chuffed with it, so I thought I'd share it all with you xx

Here it is ..image.jpg

I had my celebratory tattoo done today for losing my 10 stone...

im so chuffed with it, so I thought I'd share it all with you xx

Here it is ..View attachment 106971

Lovely! What a good way to celebrate and it will always remind you of your achievement

Thanks. I figured it will always fit me. . lol
Xx

Thanks. I figured it will always fit me. . lol
Xx

Least on down days that's there to remind you how far you have come!
You really are a inspiration, I am in a bad place with my weight but after reading your posts and seeing your pics, it's made me think!
I've ordered Paul McKenna's first book then I'm going to move on to the gastric one x
Well done x x

Least on down days that's there to remind you how far you have come!
You really are a inspiration, I am in a bad place with my weight but after reading your posts and seeing your pics, it's made me think!
I've ordered Paul McKenna's first book then I'm going to move on to the gastric one x
Well done x x

aww thanks for your lovely words..

i do hope that the book works for you also..

good luck, and keep me posted.

Back