Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

Loving your tattoo MissMiff. I really need to stop being such a wimp and get one done. Mind you i've yet to find or decide on one that i'll be happy with forever. And speaking of being a wimp. I've had the HGB book for ages and have been putting off installing the band..... No more. Installing tonight. Fingers crossed this combined with the 4 rules i'll actually make some headway before Christmas.

Loving your tattoo MissMiff. I really need to stop being such a wimp and get one done. Mind you i've yet to find or decide on one that i'll be happy with forever. And speaking of being a wimp. I've had the HGB book for ages and have been putting off installing the band..... No more. Installing tonight. Fingers crossed this combined with the 4 rules i'll actually make some headway before Christmas.

thanks Sarah..

it did hurt a whole heap.. But so happy it was worth it.

keep me updated, I know you can do it xxx

2.5 lb off for me this week... So I completed the 50lb Christmas challenge...yiyippee

Just a couple more lb and I've lost my 10 stone... Then I can really wear my tattoo with pride, instead of telling people I'm not quite there yet.,lo

Really happy... Looking forward to another great week...

Hey guys and gals. I havent been on here for a few weeks due to not beig well. I am waiting for a scan bcos the docs think i have some problem with my gallbladder (stones maybe) and i also may have diabetes :(. I have to stay away from high fat foods because they give me serious pain (was rushed into hospital last week, am home now tho :)). So, the 4 rules dont apply for me atm. I shall still be popping on here and following all your amazing results! Nice tattoo Missmiff! I have a foot tattoo which says "what goes around comes around" and it was also ommensely painful!!!

Very excited! There is a hypnotherapist in my area who I saw was doing a hypno balloon case study and advertising for people to take part on Facebook so I responded to that. In the meantime I had already emailed her to ask her about how she could help me with my binge eating problem and we had a few emails going back and forth about it.

I got an email from her yesterday and she had seen my message on Facebook and asked about whether I would be interested in being in the case study specifically to look at my binge eating. Of course I jumped at the chance. The sessions will cost £10 rather than the normal £50. I could not have afforded the £50 so to be able to get the same help for the cheaper price is just brilliant.

I've given her my number to call me with an appointment so hopefully she has one soon.

Wow good luck..let us all know how it goes.

I have my first appointment on Thurs which she said will last 1.5-2 hours. I'm not looking forward to delving into past experiences to explain my binge eating but if it helps me beat it then I'm prepared for it.

I had to weigh myself in preparation for my appointment with her and she asked me to do it in Boots as their machines calculate your bmi. I've never weighed on one of those store machines so it was nervewracking for me but I went and did it. I've now faced up to being 15.13 and even though that is way more than I thought, I'm looking forward to seeing that number go down each week.

Well I had my first session last night. We talked a lot about my binge eating and what happens, where it came from etc. There was an incident in childhood where my stepmum told me 'you'll be as big as a house after all that' after my brothers and I had been to the shop to buy sweets. She didn't say it to my brothers of course. But as a result I remember eating those sweets in secret. There were a few incidents where she was indicating, to my child mind, that I wasn't good enough as I was etc. She used to put make up on me before we went out when I was only about 8 or 9. So, lots of little things knocked at my confidence and I had food to fall back on. So it's no wonder that I suffer now. Anyway, the Hypnotherapist said that after another couple of sessions, we will do some regression therapy where I can go back to those times and take the power out of them. I'm really hoping that works as I think it's something I've needed to do for a long time.

I have a CD to listen to each night until our next appointment so i'll see how the Monday weigh-in goes.

Fingers crossed for the next few sessions!

How is it going for you all this week?

Hi everyone! I haven't posted for ages! I hope you are all well!
I am still losing, slow but steady. So far I've lost 10lbs in 6 weeks and I am happy with that! To be honest, I haven't really listened to the trance for weeks. All in all, probably one 3 or 4 times in those 6 weeks. I've mainly followed the 4 golden rules.
I find it really easy, but sometimes I feel like I am not eating enough during the day and struggle to control my eating in the evenings. Maybe I have to change my routine and do something different in the evenings to take away the association of evenings=eating!
Love your new tattoo Missmiff and super well done for achieving your 10st goal! You are a true inspiration to us all!

Mairead...I wish you a lot of success for your Hypnotherapy sessions! Hopefully she'll be able to solve the binge eating issues you have!

Thanks a million. ..still a few more stone to go yet and I'll be laughing xxx good luck too xxxxxxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

You are welcome!
Gosh...Missmiff, looking at your losses per month, there are massive!
Your portions must be tiny!
Makes me wonder if I am still eating way too much?!

I'm still a big girl. But I'm eating plenty. And always leave the table stuffed. . It's the exercise that's helping. Previously I wouldn't move much at all. Now I am so active is unreal xxx

Hmm...yes, exercise does of course help! That's my main problem! I really want to do something exercise wise, but I just can't get motivated and no idea what I want to do!
What exercise do you and others on here do?

Firstly I Zumbed like a mad woman. . then I went into the biggest loser work out dvd.. now I do a mixture of both. .as well as going out dancing with hubby most weekends. .and 5 hours of prancing about on a dance floor really helps. .. and of course I do a lot of walking. ...I walk 5k once a week. . and walk everywhere I can instead of taking the car. ..I also bike ride once a week too. . Xxx

Wow, yes that's a lot of exercise!
If I want to speed up my losses, I'll have to get my lazy unmotivated backside moving! Not that I didn't know that already!

I changed the way I eat! My main problem (always has been!) is irregular eating! I can go without food all day and I know it slows my metabolism down, but I am very good at ignoring any hunger feelings and as a result, I am always the hungriest in the evening and then eat too much!
As of yesterday, as soon as the first hunger feeling appeared, I ate! Had a cooked breakfast at 9am consisting of one sausage, 2 rashers of bacon, 1 fried egg and a slice of toast. I ate it all, but slowly and was just about full after it.
I cooked dinner at lunchtime, as I was due to be out till 6.30pm ish with the kids and I wanted it to be ready when we got back. I didn't feel hungry till 4pm, so I had 1/2 of my dinner then while the kids got changed. Covered the rest up and planned to have it in the evening. I guess, as I had more food during the day, I wasn't hungry till about 9pm. I had one slice of bread with Salami and that was plenty to satisfy me!
I'll stick to this for the rest of the week and see if it makes a difference to my losses!

Well it sounds like a plan...

Regular eating really is needed.

I have cereal for breakfast.. And dinner around 4-5' always freshly cooked and healthy..

and about 9 I have a sandwich or snack.. I always make sure u eat enough calories, but its the exercise that tips he balance.

but with all that said I only lost 1 lb this week... But it was just the 1 I needed to make my total losses at a massive 10 stone.

now to aim for the 11 stone

let me know how you're all doing

Jane xxx

Back