Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

Just did the Josie Gibson 30 second slim DVD. Hard work. Especially at 6:30am!

Will be rewarded with a bowl of bran flakes altho I'll wait until my sons have eaten their breakfast so I can sit down and eat consciously.

Hi I need some help please! Installed the band last night but didn't feel I was relaxed enough so done it again this morning. Left quite a bit of my breakfast which is a good sign but now i'm at my desk and getting a low rumbling in my tummy! I have fruit with me but can I eat inbetween meals?! I am hungry, but I would be distracted while eating the apple as I still have to work.

Please help ASAP! x

I do feel like its working though. I usually drink about 4 litres of water at work and today i've not even managed one glass.

Hi Shezam, if you are hungry eat! Sometimes it's difficult to get the peace and quiet you should when eating, so the best thing you can do is to eat as slowly as you can. Hunger and thirst feelings are so similar! Try a glass of water whenever you feel hungry. If you are still hungry 10mins later...eat!

Forgot to say, make sure you eat what you really want though! This is the fundamental difference between this system and every diet you might have done before!

First weigh in after 2 weeks of eating eating and more eating! So many invites, meals out and cakes over the past 2 weeks, I feared the worst!
I am over the moon that I only gained 1/2lb!
On all previous diets, those past 2 weeks would have resulted in a massive gain, so I am really pleased! I must have stuck to the golden rules more then I thought! :)

Thats amazing! well done :D
Thank you Angela, I thnk its hard to get in the mindset of eating what you want? I only have fruit and my lunch with me so shouldn't be too bad
I got so caught up at work the feeling past, i'm trying to drink water, like I said I usually drink lots but i'm not feeling it today. It will be lunchtime soon but going for a walk with some girls round the block then will try and focus on my lunch afterwards. Its just a cuppa soup with pasta in it, might be hard to chew 20 times but will give it a go. So excited to see results! x

Hey girls, subscribing!

Had my 'gastric band fitted' last night. So far, so good. A bit less obsessive about food, so that's a good thing!

Miss Miff - awesome stats and journey! :D

P x

You'll get there Shezam! It does take a bit of time getting used to, but keep listening to the CD. I didn't do that first time round and didn't really feel any difference. This time, I try my hardest to make time to listen whenever I can!

Welcome Pauline! Wishing you great success with your GB! The being less obsessive was my first positive result with this system too! :)

I dont know if i'm hungry, or whether i've just got it in my head I should eat because its lunchtime? How do I know whart hungry feels like? haha, guess I wait for my tummy to rumble?

I dont know if i'm hungry, or whether i've just got it in my head I should eat because its lunchtime? How do I know whart hungry feels like? haha, guess I wait for my tummy to rumble?

You will start to understand what hunger feels like and get an understanding of how much and when you'll eat etc. If you think you're a bit hungry but unsure, do as AngelaSS suggested and try drinking a glass of water. If you still have the same feeling after 10 mins then you probably are hungry so you should eat something. Eat as consciously as you can and stop when you feel a bit satisfied.

This system isn't about consciously trying not to eat, it's about recognizing those hunger and full signals and listening to them. It's just learning what those feelings are that's the hardest bit!

When you eat, at some point, the food you're eating will not seem as interesting as it did when you started your meal. This would be my way of recognizing that I'm becoming satisfied. At this point stop eating. If 20 mins later you are hungry again then eat some more of it until you get that feeling again.

You will start to understand what hunger feels like and get an understanding of how much and when you'll eat etc. If you think you're a bit hungry but unsure, do as AngelaSS suggested and try drinking a glass of water. If you still have the same feeling after 10 mins then you probably are hungry so you should eat something. Eat as consciously as you can and stop when you feel a bit satisfied.

This system isn't about consciously trying not to eat, it's about recognizing those hunger and full signals and listening to them. It's just learning what those feelings are that's the hardest bit!

When you eat, at some point, the food you're eating will not seem as interesting as it did when you started your meal. This would be my way of recognizing that I'm becoming satisfied. At this point stop eating. If 20 mins later you are hungry again then eat some more of it until you get that feeling again.

Thank you!! I think i'm getting the hang of it, the problem is eating at work. Im going to start walking at lunchtime so by the time I get back lunchtime is over and when i'm eating i will have to be working aswell. I'll be at my desk so should be able to just give myself 10 mins.

Going to be looking onto this thread with optimism! I didn't weigh myself before I started so going to be unsure if I weigh any less. x

Oh also. I remember reading about soups/liquids? Are these to be avoided? Soup is the easiest lunchtime meal for me!

If I were you, I would weigh myself! It always gives me reassurance that I am doing things right! Don't over do it though. Once a week is plenty to start with, but if you can wait 2 weeks even better!
You can eat whatever you like, if soup is the easiest for you, have that! I always make sure I have something I can have in between, like a musli bar, to avoid getting too hungry. That's when the risk of overeating is the highest!

If I were you, I would weigh myself! It always gives me reassurance that I am doing things right! Don't over do it though. Once a week is plenty to start with, but if you can wait 2 weeks even better!
You can eat whatever you like, if soup is the easiest for you, have that! I always make sure I have something I can have in between, like a musli bar, to avoid getting too hungry. That's when the risk of overeating is the highest!

Thank you! i've just purchased some new scales which are for delivery on Wed so I will find out my weight then! I just unsure about the chewing 20 times with soup?? Although i guess if I just take it slowly then I should be fine.

Came home from work and partner is working late, this is usually my downfall, i'll come in make toast, eat cheese etc waiting on him coming home to start tea. Was quite hungry (I think) so quartered an apple, sat at the table, chewed every mouthfull 20 times (its not easy with fruit!) and only managed half of it. I'm annoyed I might not manage my tea now. x

So day 2 for me! Breakfast this morning was funny, i'm finding it hard to know if i'm full. Left a bit but felt hungry when I arrived at work. Drank some water though and that feeling has subsided, for now!

Don't worry too much about getting it right! The most important thing you can do is to eat slowly. This alone, over time, will help you lose weight!
Secondly, RELAX! So what if you misread your body every now and then? You are learning a totally new way of eating, so it's bound to take some time to get used to! :)

Thank you! I do think I might be over thinking things too much and I do have to relax. It's the telling if i'm hungry part thats bothering me!

Eating slowly will do for just now. Thanks!

Back