Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

3.5lb off for me this week... So 13lb so far this year!.. All thanks to. Mr McKenna!

signed up for my race for life yesterday.. So have yet another goal to aim for... Last year it spurred me into losing 8 stone in 6 months.. Here's hoping this one has the same effect.... Also thinking I might actually try and jog the 5k, instead of waddling around it.lol xxx

hope you all are having fab weeks!

jane x
well done on the loss x x

We'll done for the loss MissMiff, that's fantastic!

My book, CD and DVD arrived today. I've now read the book, watched the DVD and I'm going to install my gastric band tonight. I've naturally been avoiding high fat and sugar foods for at least the past 2 weeks as part of my SW diet and I walk more than 20 mins a day to work and back anyway so I think I've met his requirements there haha!

I've been successfully following the 4 golden rules for a few days now so I'll weigh in tomorrow morning and take it from there. So excited!

We'll done for the loss MissMiff, that's fantastic!

My book, CD and DVD arrived today. I've now read the book, watched the DVD and I'm going to install my gastric band tonight. I've naturally been avoiding high fat and sugar foods for at least the past 2 weeks as part of my SW diet and I walk more than 20 mins a day to work and back anyway so I think I've met his requirements there haha!

I've been successfully following the 4 golden rules for a few days now so I'll weigh in tomorrow morning and take it from there. So excited!

Good luck! x

Thanks! Well I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 3lbs since Monday just from following the 4 rules! Installed my band last night and I'm feeling good today. Had breakfast and I'm full after a slice of peanut butter in toast so that's a good sign!

Onwards!

well done Anti, 3 pound since monday is great

i woke up late this morning so didn't have time for breakfast :( it's only 9 and im feeling pretty hungry already, hopefully i can stave that feeling off with coffee and water until lunch time

Well just a tiny loss this week of 0.6lb but a loss is a loss and it all adds up over time.

Very well done anti and mairead... Your both going in the right direction.

I was recent clearing out my under the stairs cupboard.. And found an old handbag... In it was my weight watchers weigh in cards... From Jan 08 til Dec 08..Id lost an overall total of 1 stone 2 lb... By the time I rejoined in the March is put 2 some 5 lb on... And hubbies card was exactly the same.. I also calculated what we'd spent at ww.. Including books magazines scales treats etc..and it totalled well over 1000.00... So it goes to show you that what Paul mckenna days about the diet business is right..

I understand it works for some people.... But it wasn't for me!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

i agree missmiff we are all different what works for one does not always work for another x

Hi everyone!

I hope I can join in here with everyone to share our ups and downs. I've messed about with lots of diets lasting only a day or so and being truly miserable. I've not properly followed Paul McKennas system in the past as I always felt I couldn't trust my own appetite and succumbed to the promises if diet clubs.

The last straw came a couple of weeks ago when I realised I was actually the heaviest I've ever been, the most miserable, and the most skint. I joined 3 different slimming clubs in the space of 10 days. It was ridiculous.

Anyway, something has to change. I need to do something different. So I went back to the gastric band book and have followed the prep and installed the band 3 days ago. I think this is actually working this time!

I'm trying to keep away from the scales but already I feel better. I've eaten a lot less than normal so that has to be a good thing!

I do have a couple of questions for those experts in the system - can I listen to the installation cd too much? Does it matter if I fall asleep whilst listening? Can I listen to the cds from Paul's other weight loss books or stick to only gastric band one? Is the whole 'starvation mode' where you don't lose weight if you eat too little a reality? I've eaten less than my 4 year old boy for two days!

Thanks for any help or advice, and well done to those having amazing success with Paul mckenna! X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi everyone!

I hope I can join in here with everyone to share our ups and downs. I've messed about with lots of diets lasting only a day or so and being truly miserable. I've not properly followed Paul McKennas system in the past as I always felt I couldn't trust my own appetite and succumbed to the promises if diet clubs.

The last straw came a couple of weeks ago when I realised I was actually the heaviest I've ever been, the most miserable, and the most skint. I joined 3 different slimming clubs in the space of 10 days. It was ridiculous.

Anyway, something has to change. I need to do something different. So I went back to the gastric band book and have followed the prep and installed the band 3 days ago. I think this is actually working this time!

I'm trying to keep away from the scales but already I feel better. I've eaten a lot less than normal so that has to be a good thing!

I do have a couple of questions for those experts in the system - can I listen to the installation cd too much? Does it matter if I fall asleep whilst listening? Can I listen to the cds from Paul's other weight loss books or stick to only gastric band one? Is the whole 'starvation mode' where you don't lose weight if you eat too little a reality? I've eaten less than my 4 year old boy for two days!

Thanks for any help or advice, and well done to those having amazing success with Paul mckenna! X

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Hi there..

Personally I think listen to the hgb cd as and when you need it..Don't panic if it's one of twice a week. I think you should stick to the one type of cd instead of incorporating a few.. As for falling asleep whilst listening.. Don't panic.. I do it most times.. Lol.. And snore!

As for the starvation mode thing. I have been ridiculed and dragged over hot coals publicly by admin here at minimins.. Being accused that I am on a starvation diet.. But 11 months on and 11 stone lighter I beg to differ... This diet (which I refuse to call it).. This new relationship with food has taught me how to treat food with respect and simply eat when hungry and stop when full.

To me I am not starving.. And I do believe that if you don't eat, your body panics and begins to store extra fats when you do.. Hence a weight gain.

Keep away from the scales also.. Just once a week is all you need!

Wishing you all the luck

I hope this helps

Jane xxx

Hi there..

Personally I think listen to the hgb cd as and when you need it..Don't panic if it's one of twice a week. I think you should stick to the one type of cd instead of incorporating a few.. As for falling asleep whilst listening.. Don't panic.. I do it most times.. Lol.. And snore!

As for the starvation mode thing. I have been ridiculed and dragged over hot coals publicly by admin here at minimins.. Being accused that I am on a starvation diet.. But 11 months on and 11 stone lighter I beg to differ... This diet (which I refuse to call it).. This new relationship with food has taught me how to treat food with respect and simply eat when hungry and stop when full.

To me I am not starving.. And I do believe that if you don't eat, your body panics and begins to store extra fats when you do.. Hence a weight gain.

Keep away from the scales also.. Just once a week is all you need!

Wishing you all the luck

I hope this helps

Jane xxx

Great to see you still here and powering along. Am shamefacedly back with a 25lb gain since June .... but I really gave up on everything and gave into stress and other peoples crap. But am going to redo you can be thin, after seeing your success and then the band after that.
You are inspiring people - every time you post. No matter what some people think - it's the old adage, doctors differ and people die - keep powering on missmiff. x

Great to see you still here and powering along. Am shamefacedly back with a 25lb gain since June .... but I really gave up on everything and gave into stress and other peoples crap. But am going to redo you can be thin, after seeing your success and then the band after that.
You are inspiring people - every time you post. No matter what some people think - it's the old adage, doctors differ and people die - keep powering on missmiff. x

Hi again pork xxx is been a while

Really glad to see you back.. You're in the right place.

Sorry about your gain.. But you can easy get rid of that little lot..

Thanks for the kind words.. I'm just a fat girl plodding along.. Lol... But a determined one xxxx
Jane xx

Jane,

Many thanks for your reply. I feel loads better and having faith in the gastric band.

You have done so amazingly well and your such an inspiration. I personally think this regime is so much healthier than any otrher diet out there. I believe Paul McKennas approach looks after your whole self - particularly your mental health so you can lose weight naturally. I am never so stressed, anxious, worried and depressed as when I'm on a 'diet'. So I just hope that this completely different way will work for me.

I'm not sure you are plodding along though Jane - stinking along more like! Lol!

Thanks for all your help. I will update my weight on Wed, hopefully with positive news x

Ha ha ha! Sorry about the autotext. I meant to say 'stonking' not stinking! Lol. Sorry! X

Lol.. I liked stinking and stonking... Thanks for your words. Good luck, and keep positive.. If you think you can do it you will,, but if you think you will fail.. It's a definite that it will!

jane xx

It's so nice to be relaxed around food isn't it. I haven't been accepting of my diet, until now, since I was about 15. I can finally enjoy food.

2 mile power walk to day. Getting up to the 5k level and then will do a walk/jog mixture so I'm ready for the race for life in July. I'll be a lot slimmer by then too so shouldn't be too taxing.

my weigh in on Saturday told me i'd lost 1lb which is kind of what i was expecting, i lost control a little the back end of last week and ate everything that was on my plate even though i knew i was full

i'm going to listen to the cd again tonight and try to be a little bit more disciplined this week

my weigh in on Saturday told me i'd lost 1lb which is kind of what i was expecting, i lost control a little the back end of last week and ate everything that was on my plate even though i knew i was full

i'm going to listen to the cd again tonight and try to be a little bit more disciplined this week

1lb is still a loss so well done :)

Back