Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

Sounds like you're doing fabulously Pork..

If u choose to do the gb, i would personally steer away from soups for the time being.. As with there resl gastric band, you are meant to avoid those too, as soup is thinner and can slip more easily through your band...which in turn takes more to fill your tummy.

but keep up the excellent work, I can't wait for the day I can write just 20lb to go..lol xxx

keep us updated in your progress

jane xxx

Never even thought about the soup thing. Makes sense though.
When I got my cd out with the ICMYT book, turns out it's only an intro not a hypnosis cd - they are bought seperately. Darn it. However, the hypno band and icmyt is meant to be coming out on andriod very soon - currently just on i phone, so I might just wait for that, as having it on the phone would be quite handy.
OH noticed this evening I was still eating long after he had finished, he thought there was something wrong with my meal as I'd normally finish before he does. I also had a small xmas pudding and custard and returned half of it to the fridge for tomorrow - totally unheard of for me not finish a pudding.
Not sure I'll acheive much of a loss this week as I had a night on the beer and it just bloats me but I did dance for a bit - had half the pub up with me for a finish and I didn't fall into the chip shop on the way home. So even going out isn't as bad as it used to be ;-)

Well it looks like it's definitely working for you pork... And everyone else on here is doing fab with lovely losses.

ive started a thread called 50lb summer challenge... I did this because I joined one last year, that was a Christmas countdown one, and it really helped keep me on track..

I know some of you don't have that much to lose, but feel free to pop along and join in...

Jane xx

Started reading this thread yesterday. Was so inspired I bought the book on my iPhone last night. Read the book straight away and because I've been eating less fat and sugar anyway installed the band last night.

Have to to say I was sceptical but today is the first day I've not really been hungry, and also had that full feeling I seem to crave. I really am feeling positive about this. Before installing my band although I was feeling positive and motivated I always had in the back of my mind that maybe when I reach certain milestones I could 'reward' myself with a large meal of my favourite foods as a treat. That feeling has also gone now and I feel happy to eat small portions rather than doing it because it was the right thing to do.

Im pretty amazed to be honest. Thanks for the inspiring thread, already joined the 50lb loss challenge yesterday and I feel my HGB is going to make it just a matter of time rather than a challenge. Time will tell

Well done Ben

Totally understand about the treating yourself with a large meal.. You just can't do it! You're just to full to fill in a large meal.

I won't bore you with the how's and why's and dos and donts as I'm sure I've bored many rigid.. But if you need to know anything, I do not profess to know everything but I may be able to lend a hand..

Best of luck. Jane xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

The most unheard of thing just happened to me. My OH and I are staying up late tonight to watch the WWE Royal Rumble and we're having pizza as we always do. Not having that until about midnight so I bought some Doritos and dips to snack on since we're not having a proper dinner. I was a bit hungry so I just opened my giant bag of cheese Doritos and my dip, ate about 6 chips, got up, put the dip back in the fridge, sealed the bag up and left it on the side. I don't think I've ever stopped eating a big bag of cheese Doritos before getting to the bottom of it. I didn't even realise I'd done it until my OH pointed out that I'd stopped eating. That was even while the tv was on, I feel gob smacked every time something like this happens but it's becoming habit now. Yippee!

The most unheard of thing just happened to me. My OH and I are staying up late tonight to watch the WWE Royal Rumble and we're having pizza as we always do. Not having that until about midnight so I bought some Doritos and dips to snack on since we're not having a proper dinner. I was a bit hungry so I just opened my giant bag of cheese Doritos and my dip, ate about 6 chips, got up, put the dip back in the fridge, sealed the bag up and left it on the side. I don't think I've ever stopped eating a big bag of cheese Doritos before getting to the bottom of it. I didn't even realise I'd done it until my OH pointed out that I'd stopped eating. That was even while the tv was on, I feel gob smacked every time something like this happens but it's becoming habit now. Yippee!

Isn't it the best feeling in the world.!

Knowing now finally after all these years of dieting that you can finally eat what you like, and have complete control over the food, instead of the food having complete and utter control over you!

Soon you will get to the stage where your body craves more healthy foods, and instead of the dorritos you'll opt for an apple... When that happened to me my husband thought I'd been abducted by aliens..lol x

You're doing marvellously

Jane xx

It really is the best feeling! This morning I found myself actually craving exercise! I ended up going for a 3 mile round walk to do my shopping instead of jumping in the car. I got rained on the whole time I was out but I felt fantastic and my mood was so high, it was a great feeling!

I have found myself craving healthier foods too, I've been putting mixed veg with most of my meals because I want it rather than thinking I should just because it's healthy. I don't think I'll ever stop loving cheese Doritos though hehe ;)

I've also realised that I don't really like tomato ketchup. I used to drown my food in it, it was almost an addiction but when I really started tasting it I realised it's actually not very nice. My OH thought there was something wrong when I left it all on my plate one night :D

I have posted on a different Paul McKenna thread before, I think, when the book first came out and I was already a fan of Paul McKenna. Needless to say I didn't persevere and I am still 22 stone something. Jane, you are such an inspiration and I am in awe of the changes you have made. I am going to try again and give it my all this time. I am doing SW at the moment but I am fed up of beating myself up every time I give in to eating something that the diet says I shouldn't, if that makes sense.

I have also ordered his new book about emotional eating, so can't wait to get into that.

the house is quiet so I am going to listen to the cd, wish me luck

I've read this thread. I'm seriously considering trying this. Was just wondering though if I wasnted to "take a break" for a holiday for example how would that work?

As I see it, just like with an actual band, you can eat what you want, just not huge quantities as you will be fuller quicker. But I am sure you can override it, not sure if you would want to.

I had a crusty roll with cheese and cucumber this morning, what I really fancied, sat at the table, made coffee in my cafetiere and ate consciously and slowly and enjoyed it and felt nicely full. (I could normally quite easily eat 2 or more rolls)

Starting to get a bit rumbly now so will make lunch before I get too ravenous and then shove biscuits and crisps in my mouth later on without thinking.

Hi there neveragain..
Thank you for the lovely words, but it really is as easy as it sounds. You do need will power obviously, but it is doable!
i wish you loads of luck, and please let us all know how you are getting on with your progress.. Xx

hi LC
ive been thinking about your question on 'taking a break' ... The way I eat now, is how I intend to eat forever. I do not specifically go for diet foods, I have what I fancy.. But obviously I can't eat as much of it..I think that is the main reason this regime has lasted so long for me, is that I am not bored, tired, or fed up with eating foods that I simply don't enjoy.

So I don't really know how 'taking a break' would work for me, as I physically couldn't eat more than I do, and if I could choose anything to scoff, it would be what I already eat.... I hope that makes sense..lol

jane xx

Thanks MissMiff, yes that does make sense. I've tried so many things to lose weight and the only thing I had luck with before was Cambridge but I got ill and was advised to stop. I think I might take the plunge, stop thinking about it and just order the book.

Thanks MissMiff, yes that does make sense. I've tried so many things to lose weight and the only thing I had luck with before was Cambridge but I got ill and was advised to stop. I think I might take the plunge, stop thinking about it and just order the book.

Just go go for it..it's so cheap,it's definitely worth giving it a go..

I too have tried every diet, but when I've stopped using them the weight has piled on. It really is as I've said previously. Diets teach you to eat certain foods that you wouldn't eat normally. Whereas pm shows you that skinny people eat chips and cake too...

the most refreshing part is no guilt...

good luck xx

Jane xxx

Just go go for it..it's so cheap,it's definitely worth giving it a go..

I too have tried every diet, but when I've stopped using them the weight has piled on. It really is as I've said previously. Diets teach you to eat certain foods that you wouldn't eat normally. Whereas pm shows you that skinny people eat chips and cake too...

the most refreshing part is no guilt...

good luck xx

Jane xxx

Just ordered it :) Thanks so much. You are such an inspiration. You have done so well. I really hope it works as well for me as it has with you xx

Hi, I used the Paul mckenna gastric band book nearly 4 weeks ago now, and I have lost nearly a stone. It's honestly changed my eating habits for the first time in my life. I too had struggled on and off with dieting over the years, iv tried everything and always put it back on and more. This time feels totally different. Best £8 I ever spent to be honest. X

That's brilliant Shortyclb86 :wow: Did you only listen once or do you keep listening to it regularly?

I have had 3 meals today, eaten at a table, following the rules and I feel quite satisfied. Evenings are my downfall where I start munching and grazing. I am hoping not to feel hungry but if I do, I know I can eat something and not feel guilty about it as long as I eat it consciously etc instead of munching my way through crisps and empty calories in front of the tv

Well done shortly... That's a great loss... Keep thinking positive, it counts for a lot.

It's just brilliant...sticking to the rules will make it work..

Jane xx

I've read this thread. I'm seriously considering trying this. Was just wondering though if I wasnted to "take a break" for a holiday for example how would that work?

Hi LC, you will learn (it took me a while to get out of the diet mentality) to stop eating when you are full so being on holiday won't change that. You might find that the types of foods you eat on holiday ate less healthy because naturally holiday tend to involve eating out more, but as you will stop eating the food when you feel satisfied, you won't need to take a break.

Hope that makes sense.

Personally, I found that I did not get a full feeling any quicker when I installed the band (i had binge eating issues which overrode the full feeling), but following Mr McKennas four golden rules, I have found that I now eat less, and I am no longer ruled by food.

Never22again, I got Paul's emotional eating book and it's fascinating. I had already gone through hypnotherapy to successfully beat my emotional eating but I think his book would really have helped me if I was still emotional eating.

Hi LC, you will learn (it took me a while to get out of the diet mentality) to stop eating when you are full so being on holiday won't change that. You might find that the types of foods you eat on holiday ate less healthy because naturally holiday tend to involve eating out more, but as you will stop eating the food when you feel satisfied, you won't need to take a break.

Hope that makes sense.

Personally, I found that I did not get a full feeling any quicker when I installed the band (i had binge eating issues which overrode the full feeling), but following Mr McKennas four golden rules, I have found that I now eat less, and I am no longer ruled by food.

Never22again, I got Paul's emotional eating book and it's fascinating. I had already gone through hypnotherapy to successfully beat my emotional eating but I think his book would really have helped me if I was still emotional eating.

that's so me! I also have binge eating issues at times of stress. I am glad that the new book is good, can't wait to read it. Thanks hun x You still doing well?

Back