Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

that's so me! I also have binge eating issues at times of stress. I am glad that the new book is good, can't wait to read it. Thanks hun x You still doing well?

Hi, thanks for asking. I went to a hypnotherapist at the end of Sept 2013 and have not had a binge since. I would say that it was probably more the CBT side of it that helped more than the hypnotherapy but I'm amazed that I was unable to undo more than 25 years of bingeing in such a short time. Until Jan, I did not attempt losing weight as I wanted to get on top of the bingeing first, but I have stuck to 3 meals a day plus an evening snack (evening is the highest snacking danger for me so I promise myself a bowl of cereal to atop me reaching for something less healthy) and I have lost around a pound a week so although it's slower than others, I'm confident that I can eat this way forever and the weight will come off over time.

I only listen to the audio if I feel I'm "forgetting" iv also kind of installed into my mind that food is just fuel for my body, I don't HAVE to like the taste or how It looks or eat large quantities of it for it to do the job it needs. This seems to help the most actually lol. I would normally say I don't think I'm susceptible to things like hypno but it was the motivation I needed and obviously has a physiological effect on me!!!

That's brilliant,Mairead, you have worked hard. In the end that is what we all want, eating well and healthy without thinking for the rest of our lives and losing 1 lb a week is great, better than all this yo yoing.

so far so good. Went to the gym last night with my daughter and felt quite hungry when we came back, so made 2 slices of toast with honey but left half a bit which is not like me at all. Thought I would wake up really hungry cause usually I eat lots at night but I was ok. Again made egg on toast this morning and sat at the table with my daughter instead of rushing around, it tasted really nice ;) but the second half I had to leave cause I was full and it didn't look that appetising any more.

Now, I do realise it is only the second day and with any diet, I am all enthusiastic and ready to go. I do feel calmer somehow and not so restless and thinking about food all the time, wondering if I got the right things in I can eat like when I am on a diet. I can just choose what I fancy and if that is a sandwich I am going to have it and not having to wonder how many points or syns is in it ;) :mad:

I am going to listen to the cd again now though, I want it firmly installed.

Have a great day everyone, be kind to yourself and eat well!!:bighug:

Had a busy day, dentist appt at 4.45 so needed a quick tea when we got back. Fried some thin steak and mushrooms and onions and stuck it on a baguette, soooooo nice but could only manage half a baguette, ate most of the meat and mushrooms and onions first. Ate at the table on my own, hubby was on the couch with his headphones on listening to the radio and teenagers are out. Usually I stick the telly on but although I felt a bit silly, sitting there by myself, I enjoyed the food so much more and really tasted it and chewed lots, lol

How has your day been?

My PMcK book about emotional eating came today and had a quick glance. Will read more and do the trance cd tonight. It is interesting reading and I recognise a lot about myself in there.

Jane, I just noticed you kept a blog, will go and have a read of that, so good to find someone who has lost so much weight on this plan, NOT dieting:eat:

Glad you've had a fab day..

You'll have to tell us all about the emotional eating book.. I've never been an emotional eater.. More a greedy pig.. Lol

I did keep a blog,.. But not much in there.. There's more in my thread called every journey has a first step..

Jane xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I started this a week ago, everything has changed. All my cravings have gone, I am eating much less, I have even gone off some foods like crisps and chocolate. Unfortunately I didn't have a set of scales and only managed to buy some yesterday. I do feel a difference thou so I know I've lost a good amount.
I weighed myself and since yesterday I have lost 2lb.

My theory about the whole fuel for the body thing is this... Since I've done this I have felt stable amounts of energy, previously I was feeling often sluggish.

Then I realised that my body isn't working over time sorting out all that extra food it didn't need, that extra fuel was giving my body more work and storing it as fat. Now it's just converting the fuel into energy and when it's finished doing that job it can relax and catch a break, hence why I don't feel sluggish or tired an even my moods have been balanced.

I really like the feeling if detaching from food.

My bad habit was eating when I was happy, like a treat etc... Now I can just eat when my body needs it and for no other reason.

I started this a week ago, everything has changed. All my cravings have gone, I am eating much less, I have even gone off some foods like crisps and chocolate. Unfortunately I didn't have a set of scales and only managed to buy some yesterday. I do feel a difference thou so I know I've lost a good amount.

My theory about the whole fuel for the body thing is this... Since I've done this I have felt stable amounts of energy, previously I was feeling often sluggish.

Then I realised that my body isn't working over time sorting out all that extra food it didn't need, that extra fuel was giving my body more work and storing it as fat. Now it's just converting the fuel into energy and when it's finished doing that job it can relax and catch a break, hence why I don't feel sluggish or tired an even my moods have been balanced.

I really like the feeling if detaching from food.

My bad habit was eating when I was happy, like a treat etc... Now I can just eat when my body needs it and for no other reason.

That makes sense, I feel the same even after only 2 days. I feel more relaxed. I so want this to work and last. Good luck with your weightloss and feeling happy

congratulations, it sounds like you've got the right mind set :)

just a little tip though, try to only weigh yourself once a week, your weight will fluctuate on a daily basis so you get a much better reading once a week

good luck :)

I know exactly what you mean. Before I started this way of eating I felt sluggish all the time. I had no energy or enthusiasm to do anything that required exerting energy but since starting the gastric band process I've been full of energy all day. The only time I start to slow down is when I'm feeling hungry and once I've eaten I feel amazing again. I used to go to sleep at about 9.30pm as I felt so tired but now I'm finding that I'm having to stay up later and get more exercise in during the day just to feel tired enough to go to sleep haha! I actually look forward to walking to and from work now, it's such a change and I feel fantastic!

congratulations, it sounds like you've got the right mind set :)

just a little tip though, try to only weigh yourself once a week, your weight will fluctuate on a daily basis so you get a much better reading once a week

good luck :)

I weigh myself on a Fri and Sat morning and take the best reading from it. Last week the Sat was a pound lighter than the Fri even though I had eaten a largish bag of minstrels at the cinema.

Hello amazing people!
I've been lurking around here for a few days, but after reading your amazing success stories I decided to sign up and join you! :character00148:

This is so exciting! I had Paul McKenna's "I can make you thin" book since 2007 and, although I read it 2 times in the last 6 years, I never really truly applied the rules. In 2012, I started calorie counting + doing insanity and I went down from 69kg to 55kg in about 6 months, but a year later (and many months of college stress later) I gained some of it back and now I am 63.8kg. And this time I am not motivated to do insanity again, like at all. I wanted to do something different, something more fun with more lasting results as I cannot afford fluctuating between losing and gaining weight any more. Then I googled "Paul McKenna" and my search yielded this forum. And I think that this is a sign from the universe that I should give it a go! :)

It's the start of Day 4 for me on PK. I listened to the CD twice so far. I admit I was a bad girl, I saw myself in the mirror and I really noticed a difference in my stomach and arms, and I got on the scale this morning to "confirm" (I couldn't wait) but my weight has not changed 1 bit. However, I feel different. My portions are smaller, my cravings are less, and my willpower has increased. I no longer eat junk between meals and I also noticed (this is HUGE for me): I don't want to eat in the morning right after I wake up! I get hungry a few hours after that. So weird.... :confused:

Would love to join you guys in your amazing weight release journey! I am excited to hear more success stories here and I will update you here as well! :)

Namaste :D

And I just want to add that this is the motto I am going by:
"There is nothing you can't be, do, or have" - Abraham Hicks :party0049:

Hi Lionesque..

sounds to to me like you're getting the PM bug..

keep us all updated and good luck on those scales

Jane xxxx

Evening all, hope you don't mind me posting. I've just started the PM emotional eating book, amazed to see changes after 1 day. felt a bit silly listening to his cd when eating lunch but it made a difference. hope i can see the results you lot have :) xx

After a marathon read from start to finish what amazing achievements by all posting...
I received the book Monday and started Tuesday I instantly felt different food cravings have disappeared and food just doesn't seem to matter.. this is so bewildering obviously I hope it continues but im lost without the constant mind wandering about food or cooking or shopping I think I need a hobby lol im following slim world principles at mo and due to weigh on Saturday as im not starting slimming from scratch im not expecting a massive number but would love to hit 7lb off a month stress free alongside resetting my crappie food habits n cravings ...

Hi Lionesque..

sounds to to me like you're getting the PM bug..

keep us all updated and good luck on those scales

Jane xxxx

Thank you so much Jane! Your success story is incredible! You're a true inspiration:)

So just to reiterate, PM said we shouldn't get on the scales for the first 2 weeks? And no alcohol, right?

I need to resist the urge to get on the scales. My body feels different but the scale is still the same :( :p

Well, I stayed the same this week but thinking back on the week it doesn't surprise me. I had a huge amount to drink on Sunday and most of it was jäger so very calorific and i had a couple of slips following the drink. Still, I've been following the rules properly since Tuesday so I'm feeling good about a loss next week as I have no plans and no reason to go off track. Re-listened to the CD last night so onwards!

Well, I stayed the same this week but thinking back on the week it doesn't surprise me. I had a huge amount to drink on Sunday and most of it was jäger so very calorific and i had a couple of slips following the drink. Still, I've been following the rules properly since Tuesday so I'm feeling good about a loss next week as I have no plans and no reason to go off track. Re-listened to the CD last night so onwards!

I feel the same! I had a glass of wine last night and 3/4 of a Foster's can and it made me hungry afterwards!
I've beat the emotional eating (I like to believe I am good at differentiating between emotional and physical hunger now) but I think I need to slow down my eating a bit more.
Let's see what next week brings :)

Let's see what next week brings

Definitely! I'm already excited about next weeks weigh-in as I'm feeling so confident that I'll do well next week. Even though I didn't lose anything this week, I'm convinved I'm losing inches. My work trousers are starting to hang off me, to the point where I'm starting to look a bit stupid! I'm going to take my measurements tonight and keep an eye on those every week as well as my weight as I'm really noticing a difference in my clothes and the way I feel generally.

I just went out and bought 2 new pairs of jeans too. One pair fits perfectly and one is a bit snug. I can do them up but they're still a bit tight. I really think that this time next week they'll be fitting me well, or maybe in 2 weeks time. Will wait and see!

Back