Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

Well.. It's a year today since I let Mr McKenna into my head!

and what a year it has been..

Out of the 52 weigh ins I have had this year, only 2 have been weight gains, and 1 has been stayed the same!..miso not bad really huh.

Here's to another year of Mr McKenna, hoping that sometime from now until then I would of reached a weight that I will be happy to maintain.

Good luck to all that are using this method.. Hopefully from my weight loss of almost 12 stone, that you can see it works for the long term..

xxxx Jane

Wow! Wow! Jane! Congratulations! You're truly a great inspiration. :winner:PM should pay you commission! lol ;)

I must admit you were one of the most convincing people here to really let me want to do PM program! Thank you. :party0011:

Keep up the excellent work. You look great!

Wow! Wow! Jane! Congratulations! You're truly a great inspiration. :winner:PM should pay you commission! lol ;)

I must admit you were one of the most convincing people here to really let me want to do PM program! Thank you. :party0011:

Keep up the excellent work. You look great!

Thanks Lion.. Xx

sounds daft but it really is based on common sense...

I'm glad you've decided to take he plunge... Remember it's not a magic wand, and if you want it bad enough, you'll crack it..

Jane xxx

I stayed the same this week. So, month 1 done and I've lost 3.4lbs altogether so far. Just a little amount but at least I'm slimmer than a month ago. The better news is that I've lost 23cm from around my body (chest, waist, hips and thighs) which just goes to show that we should measure ourselves because that is the change people actually see.

I stayed the same this week. So, month 1 done and I've lost 3.4lbs altogether so far. Just a little amount but at least I'm slimmer than a month ago. The better news is that I've lost 23cm from around my body (chest, waist, hips and thighs) which just goes to show that we should measure ourselves because that is the change people actually see.

well done! And it is also about how you feel. I want to be relaxed about food, not constant thinking about calories and can I eat bread or rice etc.

Do you feel different?

Yay I lost 4lb this week and as I only started the hypnotic band Tuesday, I'm so happy with that but I'm more happy with not planning n worrying about dieting I'm eating when hungry and enjoying the foods I'm eating and following S/W plan alongside as I know this works for me so yay to next week , have a lovely weekend all x x

Well.. It's a year today since I let Mr McKenna into my head!

and what a year it has been..

Out of the 52 weigh ins I have had this year, only 2 have been weight gains, and 1 has been stayed the same!..miso not bad really huh.

Here's to another year of Mr McKenna, hoping that sometime from now until then I would of reached a weight that I will be happy to maintain.

Good luck to all that are using this method.. Hopefully from my weight loss of almost 12 stone, that you can see it works for the long term..

xxxx Jane

Jane you truly are an inspiration, reading about your journey inspired me to give PM a go. I've struggled for years with my weight and tried every diet there is but there is something different about this approach I don't feel restricted at all, it's so strange and a relief to not be thinking about food. I will continue reading your posts with excitement as your edge closer to your goal!
Lisa Xx

Congratulations ladies on your awesome results! :)

So I decided it's time to put "I can make you thin" aside, as I like to think that I've been a good girl and been following PM's Four Golden Rules accurately this week and I just bought "Hypnotic Gastric Band" today and I am halfway through the book! I'm excited to watch the DVD and listen to trance CD. I can't wait to see the results! :)

I did notice something... My portions ARE really smaller. I was full after 1 small plate of one of my favorite foods today. Normally I'd be getting up at the last bite to heat another plate but not today! Also, it's become easier for me now to differentiate between emotional hunger, physical hunger, and pure thirst. It's a huge step for me... So I am crossing my fingers for next week's weigh in. :bunnydance:

Best of luck all!

Can I ask if as I have dropped portion sizes massively plating up and generally not finishing do u think that if I finish a smaller plate of food whilst Still.not.feeling full its a bad thing or should we aim to always leave a little as I really don't want to be under eating x

well done! And it is also about how you feel. I want to be relaxed about food, not constant thinking about calories and can I eat bread or rice etc.

Do you feel different?

Not having to worry about the threat of a binge any longer has made the biggest difference and I could cry each day with relief that I've finally beaten it.

Aside from that, it's just so lovely not to feel guilt with every bite of food I have. I can think about what I fancy eating, and have that. I now want to concentrate on stopping eating when I feel satisfied. I've been so scared of having a binge if I got hungry because cravings would take over but I know that I would still feel satisfied with smaller portions so that's my goal for this month.

How is everyone doing?

Can I ask if as I have dropped portion sizes massively plating up and generally not finishing do u think that if I finish a smaller plate of food whilst Still.not.feeling full its a bad thing or should we aim to always leave a little as I really don't want to be under eating x

Hi Dragon
I'm not expert and only just begun my journey this week but after reading Paul McKenna's Hypnotic GB book he advises we should eat till feeling full, he talks about recognising the feeling and to stop eating at that point, if your hungry 10 mins later advice is to eat but again to stop when full. Hope this helps! X

Hi there

if I were you I wouldn't aim for leaving or finishing your dinners... Take the time to sit and recognise how you feel . Each day will be different, and it would be silly patting yourself on the back for leaving half your meal, yet still feeling unsatisified.

Try not to bloat yourself, you have to know when you feel pleasantly full, rather than uncomfortably so. If you do leave the table before you are full inevitably you will end up picking at foos, or binging on rubbish..

I use a small tea plate for my food, because it tricks my kind into thinking there's more, as the plate is full. But I still eat slowly, so I can recognise when I've had enough.

hope this helps

Jane xxx

Hi there

if I were you I wouldn't aim for leaving or finishing your dinners... Take the time to sit and recognise how you feel . Each day will be different, and it would be silly patting yourself on the back for leaving half your meal, yet still feeling unsatisified.

Try not to bloat yourself, you have to know when you feel pleasantly full, rather than uncomfortably so. If you do leave the table before you are full inevitably you will end up picking at foos, or binging on rubbish..

I use a small tea plate for my food, because it tricks my kind into thinking there's more, as the plate is full. But I still eat slowly, so I can recognise when I've had enough.

hope this helps

Jane xxx

It does thankyou I have dropped to a large teaplate and a small tupperware tub in work I do feel completely satisfied most of the time but know its still early days many thanks and thanks Leli xx

it's another 1lb off for me this week :)

i'm starting to feel like i want to do exercise (sorry what did i just say???!) but i don't know what, i'm at work from 8:30 untill 5 and by the time i get home it's dark, any suggestions for what i can do?

i'm starting to feel like i want to do exercise (sorry what did i just say???!) but i don't know what, i'm at work from 8:30 untill 5 and by the time i get home it's dark, any suggestions for what i can do?

it it all depends on your weight I guess... My first exercise was walking.. Even if you can do a few hours over the weekend it's a start... Then I zumbaed!.. I love that as it's fun, and only 20-30 mins, and you can do it in your own lounge..

those are still my 2 favourites

Jane xx

It's probably down to you as an individual, taking into account how overweight you may be, how much exercise you have done perviously and your overall fitness levels.

I am prone to injury so I stick to power walking and by that I just mean I walk as fast as I can so that i'm out of breath. I started with one lap around my housing area which is 0.7 miles and I now do 5 laps which is 3.37 miles. I'm trying to do that length once or twice a week, and on the days I don't do that, I do 5-10 mins of pilates just to try and get my core stabilised so that i'm less prone to injury.

It's really down to what you are happy to start with but I would strongly advise to take it very gently at first if you haven't exercised much in a while. It's better to go slowly and gently, than race off and get injured so you can't do anything for a while (that's a lesson I have had to learn a few times!).

Well done on the weight loss and the fresh desire to exercise. There is not many better feelings in the world, than I feel when I have finished a walk and feel so proud of myself for getting out there and doing it. There are builders round our way and I was very proud to get wolf whistled at the other day (only secretly proud though, I didn't want to disappoint the feminist movement)!

Hey i am a lurker so hope there is room for 1 more! I bought the book over the weekend and installked the band yesterday. I do feel different already and only ate a 1/3 of my lunch today and could have kept going but felt full so i stopped. Anyway i am up to page 9 of this thread and have realised i cannot possibly ever catch up as this is page 44! Feeling very inspured so if any of you have any hints or tips please let me know as I'll keep reading from here on in. xx

thanks guys, i walk to work and back every day which is about 0.5 mile and 1 very big hill and i've been walking around on my lunch break, i might try power walking in the evening, get my heart going i bit more

best of luck Natalie i hope you find the success that we have :)

Back