Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

Hey i am a lurker so hope there is room for 1 more! I bought the book over the weekend and installked the band yesterday. I do feel different already and only ate a 1/3 of my lunch today and could have kept going but felt full so i stopped. Anyway i am up to page 9 of this thread and have realised i cannot possibly ever catch up as this is page 44! Feeling very inspured so if any of you have any hints or tips please let me know as I'll keep reading from here on in. xx

hi. Natalie

Make sure that your food times are all consuming and that nothing coming in the way of your eating.. Savour every mouth full... And it will work for you x

Thanks, i listened to the cd again tonight when I got in and managed to stay awake this time. Not sure Howe often to listen to it but as I am at the beginning I thought more rather than less can't hurt. My bf is cooking a stir fry and my stomach is rumbling so this will be interesting to see how much I eat following his rules and having listened to the cd again tonight.

My book arrived on Saturday and I've nearly finished reading it. I'm thinking I may install my band tomorrow night once I've finished reading. I've been following the 5:2 diet for few weeks and so not been eating fatty or high sugar food anyway. I really hope it works for me.

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

A bit of a funny day so far today i know i eat out of habit. At aboput 11am everyone has a plate of fruit in the office and as its now 11.15 i am (out of habit) hungry for my fruit. I am not actually hungry and i donlt need it but for me i think its the habit thing i need to break. Only one slice of toast this morning which has to be a record for me.

:) Am I the only one who is absolutely in love with the Havening technique?
It instantaneously kills my emotional hunger! I get this extreme, almost unbelievable sense of child-like joy, and I keep remembering good memories from my childhood, especially of being nurtured by my mom!

I love it! :) Feel so blessed today, thank God. :D

It hasn't really worked for me but i will give it another go as it seems to work for everyone else. Today i made my ham salad half the usual size and i have only eaten half of that! THis is like magic.....

Have read the book unsure what to do next ??

Hi all please can you advise?? I have read the book & just need to clarify do I have to cut down on fat & sugar intake for 2 weeks before I listen to the CD that install the gastric band ? any help appreciated. Thanks Bronte

it says in the book that you should so you feel even more like you are having a real band fitted and personaly i would advise you do, if nothing else it gives you 2 weeks to get yourself into the mind set of eating consciously

however, i don't think it's a case that the band won't work if you don't do it

Hi Hungry Viking - thanks for your help, I've re-read that chapter again and its saids to cut down on sugar & fat 1 or 2 weeks before you install the band, so I'm going to install this Sunday. Thanks again Bronte :)

I have just finished installing the band!
It was so weird because the first time I listened to it, I "fell asleep" and wasn't consciously aware of his words at all - but as soon as he said "wake up" - I woke up. But just for good measure, I listened to it again, this time sitting up - and I was consciously aware of his words, but really relaxed.

I feel something is "different" but I don't feel a difference at the same time. Probably because like he said in his book the subconscious takes it all up and starts to work while your conscious is still trying to convince you, you're still the same... Funny but nice feeling.

Either way, I am ready for my new thin sexy body!

Let the weight release begin! :)

Good luck everyone xx

:) Am I the only one who is absolutely in love with the Havening technique?
It instantaneously kills my emotional hunger! I get this extreme, almost unbelievable sense of child-like joy, and I keep remembering good memories from my childhood, especially of being nurtured by my mom!

I love it! :) Feel so blessed today, thank God. :D

Which technique do you use because in the Havening dvd that comes with the I can make you thin book, it is a lot more involved with looking downwards and up, tapping on your collarbone and singing happy birthday. the Havening that comes with the gastric band book is simpler with just looking left and right and imagining walking down steps and counting.

When I do it when I feel stressed so many emotions come up, it does calm me down a bit but hasn't stopped me from having a binge (yet)

Which technique do you use because in the Havening dvd that comes with the I can make you thin book, it is a lot more involved with looking downwards and up, tapping on your collarbone and singing happy birthday. the Havening that comes with the gastric band book is simpler with just looking left and right and imagining walking down steps and counting.

When I do it when I feel stressed so many emotions come up, it does calm me down a bit but hasn't stopped me from having a binge (yet)

Hello Never22Again :)

I am using the Havening technique in Paul's Hypnotic Gastric Band book.
The one in I Can Make You Thin was less effective for me, I don't know why. I think belief has a lot to do with it, like I believe this "newer" technique is better so I got better results from it. I believe it can help you too. Just make sure your negative emotions are down to zero. Keep repeating it until you feel good. Perhaps even try the 9 Gamut Procedure. Look it up on google/youtube, it's very similar to Havening. I learned to combine both for more efficient results.
For instance, an hour ago, I thought about all the work I have to do and felt this sudden hunger - I immediately knew it wasn't physical hunger, so I did the Havening technique from HGB twice and it went away. A few minutes later I realized I was thirsty so I drank half a glass of yummy chocolate milk and the hunger went away.

Good luck! :hug99:

Lionesque xx

Hello Never22Again :)

I am using the Havening technique in Paul's Hypnotic Gastric Band book.
The one in I Can Make You Thin was less effective for me, I don't know why. I think belief has a lot to do with it, like I believe this "newer" technique is better so I got better results from it. I believe it can help you too. Just make sure your negative emotions are down to zero. Keep repeating it until you feel good. Perhaps even try the 9 Gamut Procedure. Look it up on google/youtube, it's very similar to Havening. I learned to combine both for more efficient results.
For instance, an hour ago, I thought about all the work I have to do and felt this sudden hunger - I immediately knew it wasn't physical hunger, so I did the Havening technique from HGB twice and it went away. A few minutes later I realized I was thirsty so I drank half a glass of yummy chocolate milk and the hunger went away.

Good luck! :hug99:

Lionesque xx

Thanks, that is a great help

Here's an update!
I've lost 1.1 lb this week! I'm sure installing the HGB just accelerated things :)
This is crazy! In the past, I could have never lost 1 lb in a week no matter what!

I'm sold :)

Well done Lion on the weight loss. I only started on Sunday and get weighed every Thursday night so have to wait until tomorrow. I didnlt have any tea last night as i do to boxercise between 8 - 9.30 spo its too late when i get in and i am never hungry anyway. I did eat 2 slices of toast this morning but i think as i had nothing the night before i felt i needed it. I did feel full but ,my tunny was still rumblinmg so i ate it and i am still full now at 11.30. I have some fruit on my desk and haven't even been tempted to eat it.

Excellent job Natalie! Keep up the exercise! I need to learn from you, as I haven't taken up any form of exercise yet....
I totally understand the lack of temptation even though food is around! :)

Funny observation I had at work yesterday. In the cafeteria, I was at my table consciously enjoying my Caesar salad (I used to stay away from it because the dressing was "bad food"). I couldn't help but notice two ladies in front of me, one was on the heavy side and the other petite and skinny. The heavier woman was wolfing down her food, and yes I am a creeper but I noticed she would just chew her food three times max then reach for another spoonful. The petite lady took 20 minutes to finish half her plate, and she would slowly chew every mouthful at least 10 times. Hand to God, she would put her fork and knife down after every bite and there was at least 1-2 minute pause between every mouthful. It's really, really incredible. I felt both elated and sad at the same time because I just wanted to walk over to the other lady and give her my copy of HGB. I felt terrible that I had this knowledge but couldn't share it without coming across as creepy/mean.

Paul McKenna, you're amazing! More people should know about this... really.

It's been two weeks today, I've lost 5lb this week, last week I don't know as I had no scales but I know I've lost some because I felt it so I could very likely be around the half a stone mark if not
More. I've also been and got an exercise bike and have had loads of extra energy. My moods have also gone better. All round this is proving to be the best healthy eating change I've ever done.

No more guilt about food, happy days :)

I'm not expecting a loss this week, we couldn't be bothered to cook on Tuesday night and ended up going to Dominoes and getting a pizza each then plonking in front on the telly and wolfing it down, i was amazed how quickly i ate when im not concentrating, it really does make a difference

however every cloud has a sliver lining, normally i would have done that and then spent the west of the week being 'naughty' because i've already mess the week up, but i didn't, Wednesday came around and i started fresh without even thinking about it, straight back into the routine of the 4 golden rules

I'm not expecting a loss this week, we couldn't be bothered to cook on Tuesday night and ended up going to Dominoes and getting a pizza each then plonking in front on the telly and wolfing it down, i was amazed how quickly i ate when im not concentrating, it really does make a difference

I'm kind of in the same boat. I was good for most of the week, even after eating out for 2 nights due to staying away for work but last night after a long day and a long drive home we couldn't be bothered cooking so we had take-out in front of the TV. I was too tired to care so I just ate what I had and then pinched my OH's battered sausage when he fell asleep! Oops!

Today though I feel the same as you. I'm right back into the mindset of the 4 golden rules now that I've caught up on some sleep and today's off to a flying start! I ordered some Zumba DVDs too that arrived yesterday and there's a guide in it for new starters so I'm going to follow that for a week like it recommends and see how I like it. I've been wanting to exercise recently but hate the gym and don't like going out walking in the dark so hopefully Zumba at home will be good! Starting it tonight and I'm really looking forward to it.

Back