Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

I love this system. I just want to say that... now I always have left over food in my fridge. lol!
I used to eat everything even when I was full because I paid for it, and people are starving in Africa! I can't let food go to waste. Well, it's in my fridge! And I eat it the next day :) still tastes just as good.

Being thin though, that tastes way better... and I am loving it! :)

I went shopping today, tried on a few clothes, and a thought, I can't wait until I on buying a dress size down and then down again. I bought some pants that are a bit too tight, they are my goal.
I've been on my exercise bike again tonight, it was fantastic. I stick my ear phones in, turn my music on from my iPhone and pedal along with a smile on my face to ben Howard, it's truly bliss.

I paid £100 for my exercise bike and I must say, it was a steep price but probably the best money I've ever spent. I couldn't wait to go on tonight and I am actually starting to look forward to it each day.

I'm also going to bed earlier than usual. Lots of things have changed for me since starting this. I'm turning down cakes, not bothering with chocolate or crisps. I can have them but I prefer (actually PREFER) not to. Seriously don't know how I've never discovered this before.

I've also bought a few more paul McKenna books because I'm intrigued to find out whether some of his other techniques will work. I know he says to do the havening but tbh I've not needed to at all. But if I need it I will do it.

Missmiff, which Zumba dvd do you have please? There seems to be loads of them so I just wondered which one you found good. I'd like a more beginners level one as I don't know how my back will be with it although my physio said zumba would be the best aerobics to do.

I did Zumba for the first time last night in front of my TV and conclusively proved that I have absolutely no rhythm or coordination! I was doing it by myself and even I was embarassed at the state I was getting in and that was just the beginners DVD where they break the steps down into stages! It was quite fun though so I'll give it another go tonight. Even though it was the beginners session, I still worked up a good sweat so I guess it still had the desired results.

Mairead, the DVDs I have are the 'Zumba Fitness DVD Exercise Kit including toning sticks'. I got them from Amazon. They're quite pricey but the price seems to change every day (RRP is £49.99, today they're £44.15, I got them last week for £38.47 and I think yesterday they were about £36.00). It comes with a book that includes a 7 day beginners plan, a 10 day 'drop a dress size' plan and an intensive 10 day workout plan. I think there are 6 different sessions. There's the basics, where they teach you the steps, a 20 minute express routine, a cardio routine, a sculpt and tone routine and a flat abs routine. There's also some Zumba party thing on it but I haven't looked into that yet. I think the sessions are between 20 minutes and 60 minutes each, depending on which one you do.

I've been following this thread for a while as I'm a binge eater and desperately trying to stop. I've been buying a lot of books on binge eating and I actually think things are changing for me now I understand it. So I've just bought the Paul McKenna gastric band book after reading all these comments. I really believe that once ur mind is in the right frame of mind it can be done, I think I've had that 'click' I've always wanted. So let's see how this goes!! Also going to sw and lost 8lb in 2 weeks which I'm pleased with :)

I've been following this thread for a while as I'm a binge eater and desperately trying to stop. I've been buying a lot of books on binge eating and I actually think things are changing for me now I understand it. So I've just bought the Paul McKenna gastric band book after reading all these comments. I really believe that once ur mind is in the right frame of mind it can be done, I think I've had that 'click' I've always wanted. So let's see how this goes!! Also going to sw and lost 8lb in 2 weeks which I'm pleased with :)

Well done for what you've managed so far and welcome to this friendly and supportive group

After a 25 year stretch of suffering as a binge eater, I found that with help from a hypnotherapist and Mr McKenna, I am finally free of the illness (which is what I think it should be classed as). So I thoroughly recommend them and good luck to you.

Paul has a new book out about Emotional Eating which you might find helpful x

Missmiff, which Zumba dvd do you have please? There seems to be loads of them so I just wondered which one you found good. I'd like a more beginners level one as I don't know how my back will be with it although my physio said zumba would be the best aerobics to do.

it was zumba basic to start off with, where you were taught the steps... Then I went on to Zumba party, which is all the dances done in a studio with loads of public doing it too... They have 5 different sections, all focus on different Latin moves.. I started just doing 1 section per day, and worked up to doing them all

But on the downloads there are loads of different ones.. I magine I'd you goole Zumba beginners DVD that might help

as I downloaded it, i have no DVD cover as such to show you...

hope thwt hat wasn't too vague

Jane xxxxx

I'm still going strong, I listen to the cd every night as I fall asleep. I know u don't have to but I'm just doing what ever works for me, it seems to be working so I shall stick to it.

I can feel a difference already so I'm very pleased

it was zumba basic to start off with, where you were taught the steps... Then I went on to Zumba party, which is all the dances done in a studio with loads of public doing it too... They have 5 different sections, all focus on different Latin moves.. I started just doing 1 section per day, and worked up to doing them all

But on the downloads there are loads of different ones.. I magine I'd you goole Zumba beginners DVD that might help

as I downloaded it, i have no DVD cover as such to show you...

hope thwt hat wasn't too vague

Jane xxxxx

Thanks, and thanks Anti. I'll take a look for them.

Missmiff, where did you download it?

Well done for what you've managed so far and welcome to this friendly and supportive group ? After a 25 year stretch of suffering as a binge eater, I found that with help from a hypnotherapist and Mr McKenna, I am finally free of the illness (which is what I think it should be classed as). So I thoroughly recommend them and good luck to you. Paul has a new book out about Emotional Eating which you might find helpful x
Thank u!! I am 28 and have been binging for 15 years probably longer but I can't remember, I only remember being on 'diets' since primary school :( my wish is to lose weight and be healthy and slim, but first and most importantly is to stop the binging. The thought of not having a binge feels like heaven!!!
I love this thread and I love that we're all in the same boat and I don't get judged on my weight and size.
Also would like to say well done to everyone your all doing great :)

Children in bed, husband upstairs and I was a bit bored and nothing was on tv.

Now here is the amazing part: I got off my fat bum, got my workout gear on, and did 30 mins of Hip Hop Abs (can find it on you tube). I felt so much better afterwards!

Mairead.. I think the download was slightly unscrupulous .. So not entirely sure where he got it from.. As it was over a year ago now...

whoops..lol

Jane xxx

Quick update:
Since my last weigh in I've lost 0.44 lbs.

which means that this week (after installing the HGB) I've lost 1.54 lbs :)

it is also worth mentioning that this system has greatly alleviated PMS and bloating for me. In the week leading up to my "time of the month" I gain about 2-4 lbs. not this time :) I've lost 1.54 lbs in fact and almost zero bloating/water retention. It's Incredible!!

well blow me down

even with my dominoes slip up i managed to lose 1lb, i did not see that coming

i woke up late for work this morning which meant i had to get a pace on while walking to work this morning, i got half way in when i realised i was really enjoying it, now im sat at my desk my knees are telling me i might have over done it though :(

well blow me down

even with my dominoes slip up i managed to lose 1lb, i did not see that coming

i woke up late for work this morning which meant i had to get a pace on while walking to work this morning, i got half way in when i realised i was really enjoying it, now im sat at my desk my knees are telling me i might have over done it though :(

Pain is just weakness leaving the body!!

As long as your knees are aching and not in pain, then you've done a good thing. My knees were very sore to start with but it's got better although the crunching sound my knees make going up the stairs doesn't get better!

Hi everyone.

I have spent the last few days reading this thread and am inspired by so many of you! I have now bought, and read, the book but I haven't listened to the CD yet - hoping to listen to it tonight when I go to bed (only time I get chance!).

But I have a question - if I fall asleep whilst listening to the pre-op bit of the CD, will it go straight onto the installation bit?? Obviously I am meant to leave 2 weeks in between these steps - I probably won't as I have been following a healthy eating regime for the past 5 weeks, but I was thinking I would listen to the pre-op bit tonight then the installation tomorrow night, but I'm really not convinced that I'll be awake to stop it after the first bit!!

Thanks for any help. xx

Hello all, I've just been reading through this thread and it's wonderful to see some amazing losses. I've started today on Virtual Gastric Band Hynosis, which seems to be very similar to PM's plan, it was an iPhone app that I came across by accident last night, I was so intrigued I downloaded it for £4.99 and here I am on Day 1 and am already amazed at my lack of appetite. I've got 4 stone to lose, have tried and failed on just about every diet you can think of and just feel so positive about this, I'm raring to go. I feel so good and certain about this I'm tempted to start a diary, which I rarely do as I'm always embarrassed when it grinds to a halt after a week or so!

Hi everyone.

I have spent the last few days reading this thread and am inspired by so many of you! I have now bought, and read, the book but I haven't listened to the CD yet - hoping to listen to it tonight when I go to bed (only time I get chance!).

But I have a question - if I fall asleep whilst listening to the pre-op bit of the CD, will it go straight onto the installation bit?? Obviously I am meant to leave 2 weeks in between these steps - I probably won't as I have been following a healthy eating regime for the past 5 weeks, but I was thinking I would listen to the pre-op bit tonight then the installation tomorrow night, but I'm really not convinced that I'll be awake to stop it after the first bit!!

Thanks for any help. xx

Hi ron I think when I listened to the pre op part it did move straight on to the trance stage, I listened to them together if you've been eating healthier recently there should be no need to wait. I'm new to Paul McKenna's book so no expert, other members may be able to advise you better! Good luck with it all!
Lisa xx

Well I've not had a very positive day, not been following the 4 rules, although I've not been eating rubbish or snacking I did over eat at tea time I made stew n dumplings for family and ate more than I needed (not quite as much as I would have eaten previously). Feel disappointed with myself. Can I ask anyone doing Hypnotic Gastric Band if they thought about food more leading up to time of month? Until this week I've barely thought about it!
Lisa xx

Back