Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

Thank you for your help Lisa, I think I'll just give it a go like you said! I mean, why wait?! I may as well just get cracking!!! Thank you again. Gonna go off to bed in a bit and get started! xx

Hi Ron

as far as i'm away you should try to stay awake for the preoperative bit, it's only 15 minuets so you should be able to manage it and if you don't no worries the next track starts all by itself :)

in a separate note i don't know if it's just me but i find when i come back around after listening to the cd i've always got heartburn

Hi ron.. In my humble opinion don't worry. I don't think I've stayed awake for more than 5 minutes.. And even Paul says it doesn't matter as he is soaking to your unconscious mind..

Jane xxx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hiya everyone :)
I decided to buy the gastric band book and it finally arrived yesterday - huzzah. Installed my band last night after reading the book in one go but I fell asleep during the trance and don't remember a thing!
Can't say I feel any different yet but I'm definitely not hungry at all this morning! Really hope this works as well as it seems to :)

Hi Ron

as far as i'm away you should try to stay awake for the preoperative bit, it's only 15 minuets so you should be able to manage it and if you don't no worries the next track starts all by itself :)

Hi ron.. In my humble opinion don't worry. I don't think I've stayed awake for more than 5 minutes.. And even Paul says it doesn't matter as he is soaking to your unconscious mind..

Hi hungry-viking and MissMiff, thank you both for your advice. I didn't get chance to do the CD last night in the end (my little girl had a bad dream and wouldn't go back to sleep in her own bed so was in with us!) but I'm aiming to do it tonight. I will TRY to stay awake but won't worry if I don't, as you say MissMiff it should all sink in anyway, even if I'm not aware of it!! :zz: I've told my husband he's not allowed to come up to bed until its finished, he SO doesn't need to lose weight so I don't want him getting a HGB fitted!!! :8855:

sorry i just want to reword myself slightly, when i said try to stay awake i mean just for the pre-operative instruction bit, when it come to the proper operations drift off to your hearts content, i very rarely stay conscious for the entire thing, i think it works better if i don't to be honest

good luck :)

I have spent a lot of time today reading through this thread (at work...ahh who needs to do work at work eh! lol) and I can't believe the success some of you have had with it! MissMiff that loss in a year is amazing!

I am currently in week one of restarting dieting (slimfast plan for now then slimming world likely) and actually have the book and cd at home but never got round to using it.

I may have to dig it out (I know where it is hidden at home ... I think!)

I have just under 50lb to lose to hit target (although I may try to lose a little more if I ever get there) and find I start craving a good pigout often (especially at a certain time of month) which totally throws me off.

I wonder if this will help to control it as I am getting a little tired of almost getting into 13st bracket then jumping back up to halfway in the 14's now!

I'm sure the book will tell me but how often do you need to listen to cd etc, is it just once..weekly..monthly?

Hi cat

it does say listen to it once a month.. Which I mostly do.. At the beginning I would listen more often, but now, I listen once every 6-8 weeks...

It really is your choice.. If you feel like scoffing then you know you need a PM boost...

simple really

Jane x

Ahh good. I was hoping it wasn't weekly etc as sometimes hard to find a peaceful moment with an almost 4 year old racing about! lol

Plus knowing me if I listen to it too late in evening I may doze off hehe.

Hey guys.
Ok so I noticed some are confused about whether or not it works if you're awake or not. I was too! But I researched it and I am convinced with the evidence I found that I'd like to share with you.

When I listened to the hypnotic trance for the first time, I "fell asleep" after the first 15 minutes. Honestly, I fell asleep right after the anesthetic was given to me. I had a surgery a few months ago and I felt the exact same feeling pre-op while listening to the CD, until I fell asleep that is. What was so magnificent was that as soon as he said "2,1,.. WAKE UP!" I immediately and spontaneously woke up. Initially I thought, oh darn it, I fell asleep through it. But I researched this phenomenon and it's actually called "Somnambulism". It means I was in the deepest level of hypnosis, and no, I was NOT actually asleep like I thought I was because I actually woke up when he said wake up. Bare in mind that I am a very heavy sleeper and I have fallen asleep through his ICMYT Cd everytime and never woke up to his countdown. I did it again for good measure, and the same thing happened.

So IMHO, if you experienced the same as I described above and you woke up on his countdown, I think you were actually deeply hypnotized. If you are prone to sleepwalking or sleeptalking that even confirms the fact that you are simply more prone to somnambulism than most people.

In hypnosis, you do NOT need to fall asleep or experience somnambulism for it to work. Actually the majority of people while getting hypnotized are very much awake and conscious throughout the whole thing, and it works just as well for them too. In fact a lot of the articles I've read stress on the fact that you actually need to be awake and conscious (aside from those who experience somnambulism) for hypnosis to be effective.

Here are some articles on the subject if you're interested. Hope this clears things up :)

How Hypnosis Works - The Strange Phenomena of the Hypnotic State

Somnambulism: a state that changes behavioral model | Resultative hypnosis | resulthypnosis.com | en

Hypnosis FAQ -- All Your Hypnosis Questions Answered

i'd say about 90% of the time i 'go under', sometimes i 'wake up' a bit just before the anesthetic and the i go back under fully

then come back around when he starts doing the count down to wake up

Last night was the first time I actually heard what he was saying the full way through, and although I was conscious of it the whole time, I definitely felt sooooo relaxed.

Not been eating too much over the past few days, but this morning I managed a full cheese & tuna toastie but I'm not surprised given the tiny amounts of food I've been having otherwise so I'm just trying to listen to my body and eat what it tells me. I so dearly hope this works and I lose weight with this...!

Well I finally listened to the trance last night (I say listened, I think I was asleep for most of it!). I woke up this morning with a slight indigestion-type feeling but not sure if its related in any way. I had my usual 2 weetabix for breakfast but made sure I followed the rules and ate really slowly (as slowly as one can with weetabix!) and I actually LEFT about a third of one of them! For lunch I had mushroom soup and a granary roll - I know you shouldn't have soup really, as its so liquidy, but PM says to eat what you fancy and this is what I fancied! I ate all of the roll but LEFT some of the soup as I wasn't enjoying it as much as when I first started to eat it, and also I've had these weird stomach pains on and off all morning (again, not sure if related) so decided to be sensible and pay attention to them and stop eating. I don't know if its the trance that's making me stop, or the fact that I'm consciously trying to leave some food but, either way, I'm not stuffing as much in as usual!! If I get chance I'm going to have another listen tonight to reinforce it! But so far, so good. x :eek:

Hi all I have just got the app ( I can make you thin ) I have tried every diet and I can do well on them but my trouble is when I'm stressed/ worried I eat crap and binge. I really want to sort out my head and relationship with food . I am on day 1 and I have just downloaded the full app £4.99 as it just makes sense .

Hi all

Haven't posted here in a little while but I'm still going strong with the HGB! The other night I was late home from work thanks to the traffic and was really hungry. I had a jacket potato with beans, cheese and 3 Southern Fried Quorn Bites. I was so hungry that I couldn't imagine being able to follow the rules and thought I'd just wolf the whole lot down in one go - leaving anything on my plate just wasn't an option! I started eating and I think that chewing 20 times has become habit now as I couldn't eat any faster than that. I ate about two thirds of the potato and two Quorn bites before I felt full and I really couldn't stomach eating any more.

It was crazy going from wanting to devour everything on my plate one minute to not even wanting to look at it any more a few minutes later. I ended up leaving the rest of my dinner and it was out of my mind for the rest of the night. Incredible!

So I finally got to install my hgb yesterday morning. Felt a bit odd all day and whatever I ate even when I was hungry I felt sick after small amounts. Followed all the rules too. Had a smoothie for breakfast. It's what I wanted and was hungry. Had that at about 9:15. Was small didn't finish it but feel sick again. Anyone else feel like that?

Sent from my GT-I8190N using MiniMins.com mobile app

So I finally got to install my hgb yesterday morning. Felt a bit odd all day and whatever I ate even when I was hungry I felt sick after small amounts. Followed all the rules too. Had a smoothie for breakfast. It's what I wanted and was hungry. Had that at about 9:15. Was small didn't finish it but feel sick again. Anyone else feel like that?

I've not been feeling sick, but I have been really aware of getting full so quickly! Also yesterday my tummy seemed to be growling at me all night, but not in a hungry way...more in a way that I was suddenly really conscious that I might have eaten something it wasn't too happy with.

I'm definitely eating a lot less...my bf noticed the other night when I could only eat 4 mouthfuls of dinner before I was just full. Feels like it really works, just hoping it shows in weight loss/health etc :)

I did read that some people can feel sick though - maybe worth listening to the trance again to readjust the band? :) x

I listened to the CD again last night, I didn't feel as relaxed as I did the time before but I still didn't hear it all so must've relaxed properly at some point!! Again, I left a little bit of my dinner last night and also my breakfast of porridge this morning, but I have just ate all of my lunch - a small-ish (compared to normal anyway!) granary roll with chicken, sweetcorn and mayo. I sort of feel a bit gutted that I didn't leave any but I followed the rules and I decided I was hungry enough to finish it so I guess I've not done anything wrong! I'm definitely not getting the whole "few mouthfuls then stuffed" feeling which is a shame!! But I AM definitely eating less - less often and less at mealtimes, so all in all I'd have to say I'm pleased with how this is going so far. xxx

Thanks for reply. I'm noticing when I'm full and it's quite quick. It's about 10 mins later that I start to feel sick. I think you're right though. I will have a listen again and see if it helps. I'm amazed at the effect it's had. Like you say though I hope it shows on the scales. X

I listened to the CD again last night, I didn't feel as relaxed as I did the time before but I still didn't hear it all so must've relaxed properly at some point!! Again, I left a little bit of my dinner last night and also my breakfast of porridge this morning, but I have just ate all of my lunch - a small-ish (compared to normal anyway!) granary roll with chicken, sweetcorn and mayo. I sort of feel a bit gutted that I didn't leave any but I followed the rules and I decided I was hungry enough to finish it so I guess I've not done anything wrong! I'm definitely not getting the whole "few mouthfuls then stuffed" feeling which is a shame!! But I AM definitely eating less - less often and less at mealtimes, so all in all I'd have to say I'm pleased with how this is going so far. xxx

i'm glad im not the only one :) i'm managing to nearly a full meal every time but i've definitely reduced my portion size just not down as low as 4 bites

Back