Paul McKenna's Hypnotic Gastric Band

The trance cd is approx 30 mins long..

Woohoo 3lb off this week :) I've just checked and I'm 5lb off the lowest I've been in 5 years

Well done, that's fab! You must feel great. :)

Well I ate out a bit this weekend (the rest of the week was fine) and that would've been okay if I'd still followed the rules, which I only did a bit. I had a Chinese on Friday night and polished off the lot, then Saturday we were out for lunch with friends and I didn't make the healthy choices that I had planned! I did leave a bit of the meal but not much. Then that evening we went out for a carvery for a birthday celebration!! Again, I did leave some, which would have been unheard of before, so I guess its still working a bit. I lost 1½lbs this week so I'm still happy with that, just annoyed with myself for being so greedy!! :sign0007:

Update!!!

It's been 4 weeks and I've lost 11lb just another 3lb to go before I've hit the 1 stone mark! :-D

Well done - that's great!

I can't seem to get back on the wagon. I know deep down that I'm eating past the full mark but I'm not sure why. Maybe it's emotional eating? Thinking I might try the havening technique tonight when I get in.

I can't seem to get back on the wagon. I know deep down that I'm eating past the full mark but I'm not sure why. Maybe it's emotional eating? Thinking I might try the havening technique tonight when I get in.

I'm feeling the same way. The past few days have been a bust and I've just been eating stupid amounts in the evenings, even though I know I don't need to. I re-read some of the book the other night and listened to the CD again and I'm fine during the day but it's those darn evenings that are getting me! I feel like I've lost motivation for it, like it's too much effort to eat consciously but deep down inside I know that it's no effort at all. I really need to get my head back in it, I don't want to revert to my old habits but I just feel like I'm slipping so much at the moment. Sigh.

Having a crisis... Can't seem to get motivated.. Not entirely sure what's going on.

My son had an accident last week, and has been in and out of hospital and faces losing part of his finger, maybe that has something to do with it, and I've started a new job, and I just can't seem to focus in much of anything.

Going to listen to my trance cd this evening.. Hoping it has the required effect..

Jane xx

I'm feeling the same way. The past few days have been a bust and I've just been eating stupid amounts in the evenings, even though I know I don't need to. I re-read some of the book the other night and listened to the CD again and I'm fine during the day but it's those darn evenings that are getting me! I feel like I've lost motivation for it, like it's too much effort to eat consciously but deep down inside I know that it's no effort at all. I really need to get my head back in it, I don't want to revert to my old habits but I just feel like I'm slipping so much at the moment. Sigh.

Having a crisis... Can't seem to get motivated.. Not entirely sure what's going on.

My son had an accident last week, and has been in and out of hospital and faces losing part of his finger, maybe that has something to do with it, and I've started a new job, and I just can't seem to focus in much of anything.

Going to listen to my trance cd this evening.. Hoping it has the required effect..

Jane xx

Sounds like there's a few of us who are having the same feeling at the moment...it's strange. I'm trying hard to get back on the wagon and consciously eat but I don't know why I'm not managing it.

Hope your son is okay MissMiff! - and that the job is going well.

I'm going to re-listen to the CD again tonight (for about the 14th time!) and might re-read the book again over the weekend to see if that helps any :)

xx

I've got a few tips for those who r struggling. Keep this thought in mind "my body is always trying to balance itself out!"

It's the reason as to why when loosing weight you stumble upon the mountain that u just can't seem to get past.

I myself was stuck at a certain weight for two weeks because my body was trying to balance itself out.

The best thing I ever did was to introduce exercise. I went and bought an exercise bike. It's actually quite easy now to do. I do it every day and only for 20-30 mins.

What I do is I do 1 minute fast and 30 seconds rest and repeat for 20-30 mins (did 25 mins yesterday) it really works up a sweat, which is good.

What this does is it throws your body into a bit of confusion. It alters the balance (in storing/burning fat) because you stop and start your adrenaline so it's in rest the flight or fight mode.

This process has helped me past that stumbling block.

Yes the book and cd also helped, but I am starting to see that exercise with eating right pays off plus u get to feel good as it produces those happy chemicals in your brain when u exercise. I have been feeling more energy since I started.

In return because of the happy feeling and energy it stops u from getting down and over eating or craving food to substitute for the lack of happy chemicals (as paul explains) so you crave more food to give u bursts. This is how u get into the vicious cycle of emotional eating.

Eating is just a state of mind I've found. So long as u eat only to fuel your body and not to feel good (u can still enjoy the fuelling) then u can break the cycle.

These are just my experiences, but I decided I would put in the hard work and just keep going just to see if it works.

When I'm exercising and it's hurting and I feel like giving up I tell myself "this is just an experiment, that's keep going so we can see if the experiment works by being able to reach some results!" And I keep going!!!

best of luck to you all trying to get motivated again, i'm sure you will all manage it

i hope you're son is going to be ok MissMiff and the job is going ok, stress seems to come in handy little bundles like this to give you a good test, just remember to stay focused and if you do slip just pick yourself back up again and dust yourself off

i feel like im finally really getting the hang of it now and i've even spent the last few days looking into doing a C25K, i'm actually excited about the thought of running

I've been falling off the wagon the last couple of weeks with no obvious reason as to why but I've been back to it this week and including more exercise which results in me eating better. Signed up for the race for life 5k and a 10k starlight walk which are both in June so they will help keep me on track.

I need to listen to the cd but days keep going by and it doesn't get priority. I will get it on my to do list for this week!

Hope everyone is managing to stay on the healthy wagon x

Just released I never updated, I lost 1lb last week

On Sunday I started the C25K programme, im 2 runs in and so far it's going great, I'm doubtful that I'll be able to run 5k at any point but I'm going out and getting exercise and enjoying it which is amazing

I hope everyone else is doing OK :)

I'm still struggling to get back on the wagon - or I wonder whether I'm just actually still eating less but just not realising it maybe?

Started Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred a couple of days ago and thinking about doing C25K too once I get a bit fitter so there#s definitely something in me wanting to do more exercise which is nice :)

I still need to get back on the wagon, this is getting ridiculous now. I just have no motivation left; I just want to be thin over night, which I know will never happen! What I've found is that I've taken advantage of the 'eat what you want, not what you think you should' golden rule and forgotton the other three rules. I've now developed cravings for all the stuff that I don't want to be eating, including chocolate, crisps and every bread product known to man. I'm also eating when I'm bored so I've made a decision.

A while ago I tried the Harcombe Diet and lost a lot of weight in a couple of weeks. However, this wasn't sustainable and I know that I still wouldn't be able to do it. However, one of the nice side effects of that diet was that after 5 days it completely eliminated all my cravings for things like chocolate and carbs. What I'm going to do is do the 5 day phase 1 of the Harcombe diet, starting Friday (I have to go out for a mandatory dinner Thursday night at a client's place and have no control over the menu so won't bother starting before that), to hopefully detox and reboot myself into wanting to eat healthily again. I'll still do the gastric band and follow the golden rules but for 5 days I'm going to stick with the diet plan. I know diets are bad but I'm not doing it for the weight loss, I'm doing it to ditch the cravings and get my head in a better place. After 5 days I'm hoping to have it together again and continue Pauls techniques for the long term. I also like all the foods I can have on the diet so I don't think I'll feel too bad about it.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Hey Anti222,

I totally get where you're coming from, I don't know where the lack of motivation is coming from (or rather, I think it might be stress related but it's hard to tell)

Sounds like you've got a good plan there for getting back into the 'zone' :) hope it works for you, let us know how it goes? :)

Things seem to be moving again after a few weeks of wtf!

i managed a 2lb loss this week.. Still chasing my 12 stone loss..... I will get it this month if it's the last thing I do!

Jane xxx

Things seem to be moving again after a few weeks of wtf!

i managed a 2lb loss this week.. Still chasing my 12 stone loss..... I will get it this month if it's the last thing I do!

Jane xxx

Well done! :)

That's brilliant, well done!

I'm on my first day of the Harcombe diet now. Had my omelette for breakfast, it was the perfect amount to fill me up comfortably so I think I portioned it well haha!

I also had a 2lb loss this week, no idea how that happened but I'm very pleased about it! I already feel like I'm starting to get some motivation back, it's been a stressful week but today is stress-free and almost the weekend so I think I should be able to get myself going again. Harcombe also doesn't allow you to have caffeine and that's pretty much what's got me through this week so it'll be nice to have a few days away from it and hopefully have a clearer head.

Hey everyone!

I'm still listening to my CD on a regular basis but have definitely noticed I'm not following the golden rules as much as I should be and, as a result, my losses have slowed right down. Last week I went out for a big celebration meal and stayed the same, this week I only lost 1¼lbs, but again ate out a few times. I think I have made good choices though and have left food on my plate, stayed away from desserts and coke (my fave!). I'm pretty narked off with such a low loss, but its also my TOTM so hoping that I will have a better loss next week. In saying that, I'm out on Friday night for a 3 course meal and free drinks all night so that may be unrealistic!!!! :rolleyes:

After a few weeks of not eating well or eating well and the weight just not moving, I've finally lost 2lbs this week!

I've done the 5:2 way of eating this week and really enjoyed it. I'm still using Mr McKennas methods too but I've just not been getting the results.

Back