Paul,s weight loss journey

Here's today's food,

Breakfast: hash brown pizza, this was yummy:D

Dinner: eggs and sw fries with a side salad.

Supper: turkey, roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli and gravy.

Snacks: strawberries and blueberries.

Went for a walk this morning. I slept tons yesterday. I am coming down with something for sure.:sigh: Still sticking to sw which is great, i'm really pleased.:D

well done for sticking to it even though you dont feel well. your food choices sound yummy.

Today was my first weigh in, 4lbs gone:D, i'm over the moon.

16 May 2011

Here's today food,
Breakfast: Poached eggs on toast.
Dinner: cheese and onion omelette with a huge mixed salad and potatoes.
Supper: Steak, sw fries, onions and mushrooms.
Snacks: Yogourt, banana and mixed berries.

No exercise except walking my dog as I still feel under the weather.

Last edited:
Well done Paul

Love the menus and the fact that you never snack! This is my downfall - eating between meals. I have been and bought some fruit so at least it will be healthy stuff.

Good luck Pomooky

Hi Paul - another popper in.
Well done on your 4lb loss - good first week.
I'm a Brit living abroad - though not so far as Canada, I'm in Spain.
I started SW 5 years ago and lost 2 st but it took be 2 years though! I got fed up of doing it on my own but managed to maintain.
Started again this year to try and get rid of the remaining 3 st and found Minis. And what a difference it has made! The support you get on here is brill!

Have you joined any groups? If you weighed in today then have a look here http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weekly-weigh/185049-monday-morning-home-weigh.html. We're a really friendly bunch and help each other out when the need arises.

Don't forget to have some syns. Believe it or not it actually helps weight loss. They don't have to be in the form of chocolate - they can be things like extra cheese or meat on a green day.
However, don't deny yourself the odd chocky (so long as it won't start you on a binge). I'm a crisp and nut addict - and I still allow myself a few every now and then if I need cheering up.

Welcome to Minis and good luck on your journey.

Hi Pommette, thanks for stopping by. Spain nice !!

Well today has started well, went for a nice long walk with Roxy my dog. My car went through its canadian version of the mot ;)with no problems.

I am still not exercising hard. I am still under the weather, guess I will give it to the end of this week.

Today's food, May 17 2011

Breakfast: 2 slices of whole wheat toast with jam and a banana.

Dinner: Cheese and bacon stuffed jacket potatoe, mixed veg salad and pickles.

Supper: Mash potatoes, pork chop, gravy, broccoli and home made apple sauce.

Snacks: Pear and grapes.

Hi there
As you posted in my diary I thought I'd return the favour . On the sweet cravings front- muller light yoghurts are a godsend and they used to be "free" on slimming world. Also use all your syns, it will actually help your losses. If you know that chocolate and nuts are your danger foods don't go near them! Maltesers will just make you want more - trust me on this. A good way to get a chocolate fix is to use fat free fromage frais mixed with one sachet of options - the Turkish delight flavour is lush, but all the chic ones are good, stir well and leave for a few mins in fridge and you will have a scrummy very low fat low cal chocolate treat without the associated guilt.
Well done on the 4lbs, it's a great start!
Good luck with it all, it's a long road but not a race so small steps will still get you to the end of it.
All the best

Today is my first day back on shift.

Here is today's food,

Breakfast: whole wheat toast with jam

Dinner: Cheese, jacket potatoes, salad and fruit

Supper: chicken,rice and mixed string beans.

Snack:yoghurt

Still just walking for execise.

Hi

good advice from 'fair and forty' :) I used to have a mini bag of maltesers as a treat, but only ever bought one packet on a saturday, as she rightly advices, if there had been more around the house, I'd probably have finished the lot off! Now, I don't have any treats built in to my diet..well apart from when I fall off track! :eek:

menu sounds lovely as always, have a good day!..and walking really IS a great form of exercise, plenty of time to introduce other methods along the way :)

I was reading a thread on binge eating that really made me think.

Do I binge eat and the answer is yes:sigh:
I binge eat with chocolate, example, my girlfriend gave me a 1.5KG bag of mini eggs for Easter. After 2 days they were all gone,I think I gave my son one handful.
I am the same with booze, I can't just have one drink,I have to get sloshed.
Anything I binge on I can't have in the house. I still drink occasionally , chocolate is harder as it seems to be around every corner:eek:still I'm coping fairly well so far and am pleased with my self resolve.
Stay tuned:wave_cry:

Today's food, May 19 2011,

Breakfast: mixed fruit and yoghurt.
Dinner: Herring fillets,salad and bread.
Supper:Savoury rice served over a bed of spinach.

Sack: Bowl of berries.

Exercise: Walking Roxy. :D

I was reading a thread on binge eating that really made me think.

Do I binge eat and the answer is yes
:sigh:
I binge eat with chocolate, example, my girlfriend gave me a 1.5KG bag of mini eggs for Easter. After 2 days they were all gone,I think I gave my son one handful.
I am the same with booze, I can't just have one drink,I have to get sloshed.
Anything I binge on I can't have in the house. I still drink occasionally , chocolate is harder as it seems to be around every corner:eek:still I'm coping fairly well so far and am pleased with my self resolve.
Stay tuned:wave_cry:

Trust me, you aren't alone on the choccie bingeing.. the booze now, that is a matter of more concern as far as I can see..

Removing temptation is an excellent strategy, just be very wary of re-introducing those things again in future.. I still need to not have biscuits and sweets in the house or they will miraculously vanish before they hit the shelf!!

Well done on resisting so far! Keep focussed on the goal and you'll get there. :)

Hi, I am no expert by any means, shape or form ;) but I think its all about retraining your mind not to crave the chocolate, which is a whole lot easier said than done.
As the weight drops, you will adjust to the sweet cravings, and one day not even want them at all!!!! I suppose it never really disappears, but you teach yourself to eventually deal with it differently and substitute other foods when your craving is still at the strong overpowering stage :)
Good luck, stay strong...and remember for the long term, if its not in your cupboards, fridge etc in the first place, it is less likely to end up in your mouth ;)

Hope you have a good day Paul :)

Hi, I am no expert by any means, shape or form ;) but I think its all about retraining your mind not to crave the chocolate, which is a whole lot easier said than done.
As the weight drops, you will adjust to the sweet cravings, and one day not even want them at all!!!! I suppose it never really disappears, but you teach yourself to eventually deal with it differently and substitute other foods when your craving is still at the strong overpowering stage :)
Good luck, stay strong...and remember for the long term, if its not in your cupboards, fridge etc in the first place, it is less likely to end up in your mouth ;)

Hope you have a good day Paul :)

Thanks Rose,
I do value your input on these matters:)
Thanks

Back