Paul,s weight loss journey

May 20 2011

My food for today,

Breakfast: chopped mixed fruit, berries and yoghurt.

Dinner: Eggs, bacon, toast, beans and tomatoes.

Supper: cod,sw fries and a new vegetable for me fiddle sticks.

Exercise: Walking Roxy

Have a good day everyone.

What on earth are fiddle sticks?

A fiddle sticks is a curly vegetable. They were fed to Europeans by the native people of Canada for scurvy. Its sort of a cross between broccoli and spinach.

That's the first night completed only 2 more to go.

Today's food May 21 2011,

Breakfast: mixed fruit and yoghurt.

Dinner: Scrambled eggs toast, mixed salad and grapes.

Super: left over fish, mash potatoes and salad.

Snack:Almonds

Exercise: Walking Roxy:D

May 22 2011

Today's food,
Breakfast: pineapple and yoghurt.

Dinner: home made pizza.

Supper: steak, eggs, corn on cob,sw fries, onions and mushrooms.

Snack: bowl of berries.:D

Steve, so far your food diary has been good. But todays may be a bit dodgy.

Dinner: home made pizza.

Hmmm - Is it a smash Pizza? If not then this isn't free on any SW day!
If you're giving yourself a treat then that's fine but you have to count the syns.
A teeny weeny 4" homemade base is 5 syns I think.

Suggestion: What lots of people do on their food diary is to show where they are having their Hex's and Syns.

So for example, for your diary for 21st you would say (my additions in RED)

Dinner: Scrambled eggs on 2 w/m toast (HexB), mixed salad and grapes.
Snack: 10 Almonds (5 syns)

What did you mash the spuds with? Milk has to come from allowance or synned, plus butter/mayo etc has to be counted as syns too I'm afraid.

The thing that seems to be missing in your diary on many days is a HexA. This is your dairy choice - either milk to go in tea/coffee or some cheese on your spud as on 18th.

If you're doing EE (which by the looks of it you are) then you can only have 1 HexA and 1 HexB per day and any extras count as syns. Of you you can have 5-15 per day.

You had a good loss last week so you are obviously doing it right but just thought I would make an observation. May be this is grandmothers and eggs. Apologies if so.

Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow, see you on the Monday thread. I'm not looking forward to it as I don't think I have done too well this week. We've had visitors this week so had 2 meals out which weren't SW friendly and I've not done much for the rest of the week to pull it back in!

Steve, so far your food diary has been good. But todays may be a bit dodgy.

Hmmm - Is it a smash Pizza? If not then this isn't free on any SW day!
If you're giving yourself a treat then that's fine but you have to count the syns.
A teeny weeny 4" homemade base is 5 syns I think.

Suggestion: What lots of people do on their food diary is to show where they are having their Hex's and Syns.

So for example, for your diary for 21st you would say (my additions in RED)

Dinner: Scrambled eggs on 2 w/m toast (HexB), mixed salad and grapes.
Snack: 10 Almonds (5 syns)

What did you mash the spuds with? Milk has to come from allowance or synned, plus butter/mayo etc has to be counted as syns too I'm afraid.

The thing that seems to be missing in your diary on many days is a HexA. This is your dairy choice - either milk to go in tea/coffee or some cheese on your spud as on 18th.

If you're doing EE (which by the looks of it you are) then you can only have 1 HexA and 1 HexB per day and any extras count as syns. Of you you can have 5-15 per day.

You had a good loss last week so you are obviously doing it right but just thought I would make an observation. May be this is grandmothers and eggs. Apologies if so.

Good luck on your weigh in tomorrow, see you on the Monday thread. I'm not looking forward to it as I don't think I have done too well this week. We've had visitors this week so had 2 meals out which weren't SW friendly and I've not done much for the rest of the week to pull it back in!

Thanks for the advice, my pizza is made with my 57g whole wheat bread allowance that I use for the base, recipe from slimming eats.
Mashed potatoes are made with my blender no milk or butter. The blender beats them into a creamy consistency.
I don't have the new plan and follow the green plan from the old book. I do write everything down on paper, I count milk in my tea and coffee as syns, .5 per splash, I have 1 selection from A and 2 from B,my sins are between 5 and 15 per day.

Todays weigh in, -3lbs, very pleased again !!:D

Last edited:
Well done on the loss Paul - another really good work. As FatFairNForty(ish) said only 2 st one to go. You've already lost 20% of what you set out to lose. Yippee.

. . . I count milk in my tea and coffee as syns, .5 per splash, I have 1 selection from A and 2 from B,my sins are between 5 and 15 per day.

Again, this may well be grandmothers and eggs syndrom, but you do know that you can have 2 HexA's (Dairy) if you are doing red/green? So you don't need to syn all the milk in your drinks if you've only had one HexA.

Well done on the loss Paul - another really good work. As FatFairNForty(ish) said only 2 st one to go. You've already lost 20% of what you set out to lose. Yippee.

Again, this may well be grandmothers and eggs syndrom, but you do know that you can have 2 HexA's (Dairy) if you are doing red/green? So you don't need to syn all the milk in your drinks if you've only had one HexA.

That's great thanks, I guess the new book has changed a lot of things.:D

Todays food, May 24 2011.

Breakfast: Poached eggs on toast.

Dinner: Jacket potatoes, cheese and beans.

Supper: Home made burger, sw fries and salad.

Snack: Bowl of mixed berries.

Exercise: Walking Roxy and 10 minute trainer.:D

Today's food, May 25 2011.

Breakfast: Mixed chopped fruit and yoghurt.

Dinner: Pasta with a vegetable sauce and cheese

Supper: Steak, mashed potatoes, gravy and broccoli :D

Exercise: 10 minute trainer and walking Roxy.

The 10 minute trainer is fun.. You can stack workouts so that you can workout up to 30 mins. I intend to build up to 30 mins over the weeks to come.:D

Todays food May 26 2011.

Breakfast: 2 slices of toast and jam.

Dinner: Pasta, home made sauce and cheese.

Supper: Chicken breast, sw fries, greens and corn on the cob.

Snacks: yogurt and fruit.

I have found some good spices that are mostly natural. They are made by Victorian Epicure Inc here in Canada. I am using the garlic potato topper on my fries tonight.
I have also brought a George Forman grill, it gets loads of fat out of meat, its really good.

The 10 minute trainer is made by the same person that made P90X, Tony Horton. Its fun and is designed for people that are way out of shape like me.

Todays exercise, walking Roxy and 10 minute trainer.:D

Last edited:
Oh I used to love my daughters George Foreman grill, it is a real Godsend for cooking healthy food - does Chicken beautifully!

Your dog must be loving your new healthy regime! I have no idea what P90X is nor who Tony Horton is... lol.. so am guessing it's a fitness video? Whatever it is, if its working for you then wahay!!

Keep on doing what you're doing - it's clearly working!

Todays food May 27 2011.

Breakfast: English muffin, eggs and bacon.

Dinner: Pasta, home made sauce and cheese.

Supper: Chicken fried rice [pam] served over a bed of spinach.

Snacks: Pear, banana and yogurt.

As I am back on shift:sigh: todays exercise was walking Roxy.:D

Todays food May 28 2011.

Breakfast: Pan cake made with ground almonds,egg and half a banana. topped with mixed berries.

Dinner: Pasta and home made sauce, apple and pear.

Supper: Poutine, pork chop and peas. Anyone any ideas on how to thicken gravy without using floor?

Snacks: Banana and yogurt.

Exercise: Just walking my dog.:D

Back