Paul,s weight loss journey

Supper: Poutine, pork chop and peas. Anyone any ideas on how to thicken gravy without using floor?
None whatsoever! Flour/cornflour they all class as syns.
What on earth is Poutine?

Doing well Paul, good luck for tomorrow's weigh in :)

Pommette, as Paul lives in canada, I suspected it was a name of a canadian dish, so i goggled it, it is french fries. covered in cheese and gravy or sauce. :)

have a good day :)

Thanks RainbowRose. Must have been having an "off" day yesterday. Never thought to google it. Sounds yummy if a bit synful!

Poutine is very nice. I used bovril for the gravy so it's syn value was 1 in total. Next time I will use bisto gravy powder as it thickens up better in the pan. For a nice twist to the above add ground beef and onions, yum yum. Cheese is healthy extra A and the fries are sw so no sins.

Today's food 29 May 2011.

Breakfast: Bacon, eggs and toast.

Dinner: Mash potato, green beans and peas.

Supper: Ground turkey burger, side salad and corn on the cob x2.

Snacks: Apple, banana and yoghurt.

I put some savoury, garlic and onion in the burger and it came out great.

Good luck to all my Monday weigh in friends.:D

Hi Paul

good luck for today's weigh in :)

Poutine does sound yummy, and something that I could quite easily live on :D :eek:......but can't :sigh:

bisto granules are a good idea, you seem very handy in the kitchen, you put a lot of men to shame, well done!

Have a good day!

1lb lost last week, happy with that.:D
Well done on another loss.

Your cookery skills put me to shame! Problem is I live with an ace chef so I very really do any cooking these days (except for Chinese and Indian which he says are too "fiddly" and are currently banned anyway as I can SERIOUSLY overeat when I get stuck into either!)

Today's food May 30 2011.

Breakfast: Chopped mixed fruit and yoghurt.

Dinner: Omelette, potato and salad.

Supper: Roast pork, mash potato, roasted carrots, parsnips and some gravy.

Exercise: Walking Roxy and 1o min trainer.

Todays food 31 May 2011.

Breakfast: 2 slices of whole wheat toast and jam.

Dinner: sw fries, gravy, cheese and salad.

Supper: Spicy pork and rice served over a bed of spinach.

Snacks: Fruit and yogurt. :D

Exercise: Walking Roxy and 10 minute trainer. I have started to exercise more intensely this week. I've been feeling really good physically and more important emotionally. Win, win all round I think.:)

Well done on another 1lb off! Excellent work.

Thanks everyone. I have been away for a few days, out in the woods with all the beasties. No electricity and running water, I had to carry everything in, it was fun.

Just walking today as I've been sore from exercise. I hope everybody is having a good weekend.:D

Sounds a bit too primitive for me! Like my home comforts too much these days.
Hope you're having a good weekend too - not too hopeful for my WI on Monday (eaten too much for the last 6 days).
Good luck with yours.

Sounds like fun! You and my hubby would get on like a house of fire, he loves outdoor life, basic camping etc, and would enjoy living in the woods..at one with nature etc :)

I like walking through the woods though!

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed for you!

Thanks for your support. Good luck with tomorrows weigh in I hope I haven't gained after my trip into the forest.:D

Today's food June 5 2011.

Breakfast: toast and jam.

Lunch:Mixed fruit and yoghurt.

Supper: Chicken, potatoes and mixed veg.

Exercise: Walking Roxy.

oops 1lb gain better then I thought.

Todays food June 6 2011.

Breakfast: yogurt and fruit.

Dinner: Home made pizza and fruit.

Supper: Steak, salad and sw fries.

Exercise: Walking Roxy and 10 minute trainer done twice.

Back