PaulaJ's LT TFR Diary Started 06/01/11

hey paula,, well done on working through the day,, and its so great you have your hubby behind you on this to help you back on the straight and narrow... keep it up girlie and best of luck for weigh in...:) xx

hi paula welcome to the world of LT !

Hi Lola! Please butt in all you like, we're in this together! I just wanted to write a diary so that I can look back on it at some point in the future.
How are you finding day 5 then, do you think you're in ketosis yet? This is the craziest thing I've ever done to my body... well apart from stuffing it with junk food for the past 20 years anyway!

We will do it!! And I see from your sig you're losing weight for your wedding? What a great reason. We had a very quick,small wedding because I just looked so fat and the thought of a wedding dress was just hideous, I have to admit that makes me quite sad. My weight and self image controls my life and this is one of the reasons I want off the fat train!

All the best to you, I hope you reach your goal in plenty of time and can just enjoy what is supposed to be the best day of your life!

xx

hey i have just read your diary and we seem so simular :D

i am 29 years old and also had a small wedding (sept 10) because i was just too fat to make a fuss :eek: being 17stone 4lb on wednesday when i started LT i was at the worst id ever felt. years of stupid eating and being constantly pregnant has done my body no favours at all so i hit a wall just before xmas and i just had to do this for the LAST time!

i have a diary on here too but never know what to write lol i have done this before but gave up quickly and never managed more that a week without cheating which made me feel terrible but this time i have managed to block temptation out 100% so far through possitive thoughts and the same as you i think that if id stuck to it before id be healthy and happy by now and enjoying my life but its not forever and even if it takes 1 year you will be able to look forward to the next 50 being thin!

if you fancy it we can try to keep in touch?

good luck and well done thus far you are doing soooo well ;)

xxx

Hiya Muffin,
I am going to check out your diary now. Good on you for sticking to it... it really is hard but I'm already seeing results on my scales I'm 3lbs away from being back into the 18's but will wait to see what my doctor's say on Thursday ~ fully clothed with his evil "pound increaser" scales normally show about half a stone more than mine!!
When are you going to be 30? My birthday is 18th March so I won't be able to reach goal before then but wouldn't it be great to be slim in our 30th year?!

I feel much better today and my breath stinks!! So I think I must be in ketosis but REALLY must get some listerine strips! Ha!

xx

Paula, my breath is horrendous so I'd better be in ketosis!!! The sad thing is that I let myself put on a stone and a half since September when I picked my dress! And for yourself and nomoremuffintop there's always renewals when your feeling fabulous! Or a glam anniversary party/meal? I'm 35, so your both 5 years ahead of me!!!

Soup?

Thanks Lola, I don't know if I could be bothered with a renewal tbh :eek: perhaps I'll just try to look fab in other peoples wedding photos (got loads coming up this year) plus hubby is not one for being the centre of attention either.

Just been to my pharmacy to order next weeks supplies. It seems that I am the only person in town doing LT so have to let them know what I want. I've decided to try the soup because I need something savoury but when I told the lady at the pharmacy she did not seem very happy :sigh: She did explain that they have to order them in packs of 25, but I just told her not to worry because I'll take them off her hands anyway. I suppose that's another incentive to keep going because I'll be stuck with them anyway so might as well get on with it.

On another note, I asked again how much they would be charging me as they weren't sure the first week I went in so they just charged me £27. She confirmed again that it would be £27 so I'm happy about that, I've seen other threads where its more expensive... is this the same amount the rest of you pay? And does the price differ if you are on private prescription or pharmacy program?

Feeling good today, HAD to do something about my breath :yuk:and can't get Listerine strips anywhere - I'll get them off ebay. So I had to buy one of those fresh breath sprays, I've tried to pick one which is alcohol free, no citric acid or carbs but tbh I'm not even sure what the ingredients are, its all scientific!!:confused: I know I'm probably not allowed to use it but just NEED something to tide me over because it's not always possible to swill mouthwash! I'll use it sparingly, anyone else used a mouth spray and gotten away with it???:ashamed0005:

Hope everyone is getting on OK, good thoughts being sent your way!

Paula

I pay £36 a week which I think is the norm, others may pay different, so you're onto a winner my lovely! I only like vanilla and choc and not sure if I fancy the soup. Surprised you have to order in advance, at my pharmacy there were other ladies getting their supplies while I signed up last week, they were slim tho :)

Well I live in a town where the average age of the population is 53.8 :eek: (just checked, thought it would be older tbh lol) well anyway it seems like the average age is 70 I guess they are more interested in just staying alive pmsl DISCLAIMER: No disrespect to pensioners intended, hopefully I'll be one myself one day!! ;)

I don't mind, I live a few doors away from the chemist and like I say... it gives me more an incentive to stick to it because I hate p!ssing people off and as we have a family shop I know it's not easy getting stock levels of things right.

I am also very pleased to hear that I am getting a bargain! Do you do it through your GP or pharmacy?

Paula xx

Paula... I can only tell you what happens at my pharmacy, but the price seems to be rigid with LT....

I rang LT themselves today to check the price (only cos i thought they were overcharging me for OHs), and they verified it is £36 for women, and £48 for men. Best to be prepared hun in case yours go up in price.. As far as i am aware the pharmacy can order as many or as few as they like.. What if they only had 1 male doing it, they only have 14 per week??? The pharmacy should also have the breath strips in stock.. They are shown here (I hope):
http://www.lipotrim.co.uk/products/Breath Strip Sheet for internet.pdf

My pharmacy have a cut off time (I think it is 3pm) and as long as my pharmacy order by then, they get a delivery the next working day....

I too was wondering about the price if it's done on a private prescription x x

Wow, you are def getting a bargain - 21 shakes for £27. It's £37 here. Prices if they are going to go up, I would think would go up around April time.

Although not 'legal', I'm sure you'll get away with the breath spray to tide you over. It's allowed on other TFR diets, ie. Lighter Life. Just go easy with it, and get your 'legal' breath strips ASAP ;)

xx

Posted same time as Su :)

'Like' lol :)

TBH my pharmacy seem a bit like they are stabbing in the dark! I was and still am prepared to pay more for it if necessary. It's a bargain as long as it works for me and so far so good! I've ordered some Listerine strips on ebay so should only have to use the spray for a few more days.

I tried making a muffin with my last choc shake and ugh never again!! I saw a recipe on here for it, basically just add 2 spoons of boiling water to shake and pop in microwave for just over a minute. It was disgusting and I know I'm supposed to finish it, I just can't! It feels like it is stuck in my windpipe and no amount of water is shifting it bleughhh! And I'm not normally a fussy eater... hence my current size so wouldn't recommend it :)

As always, positive, good thoughts being sent out to all

P xx

Day 6 today and feeling good. Got an opticians appointment later this morning & worried about my breath, silly really, but you know how close they get during an eye test! So much so that it makes me laugh when I'm in there :giggle: I'm going to try not to worry about it and have a little spray before I go in!

I'm starting to feel the effects of ketosis, the hunger pangs have definitely reduced and am finding taking the shakes a bit harder whereas I was looking forward to them before because I was so hungry. Now I'm taking them like medicine.

I ordered a book on amazon last night called "Overcoming Overeating: Conquer Your Obsession with Food Forever" to read while on LT I want to get myself "better" before coming off. The reviews were all excellent and would be interested to hear if anyone here has read it and how it affected you?

Anyway I'd better run, got to get ready for my poor optician!
Paula x

No, haven't read that book, but sounds good :)
Lol at the optician. It always makes me giggle when they get so close and start moving their head from side to side as well. Just thinking about it now makes me chuckle lol. Just have a quick spray and breathe through your nose lol :D

xx

good luck at the optician.. i went for the first time recently and couldnt stop giggling!! havent read the book but let us know what you think of it as im looking for some good ones to read on my journey! x

Hope your optician survived! lol! I just feel sorry for any dentists we have to encounter!!! picked up some strips from the pharmacy today which will hopefully lessen the rank taste in my mouth as well! 10lbs off for me today in my first weigh in!!! I'm so happy I think I'm posting it in every reply I make, sorry if I've been bombarding you all with it I just feel so chuffed!!!

Lola that is fantastic and you should definitely be shouting about it! I'll be over the moon if I get 10lbs off, if that doesn't motivate me I don't know what will. If you get another 4lbs off next week that'll be a stone gone in 2 weeks, exciting! How are you all finding things? I must spend a bit of time on here catching up with everyone's stories.

Didn't see the optician in the end. I was going for a contact lense consultation but they said my glasses prescription was out of date so have to have one of those first, booked in for later this afternoon! Better to get it over and done with, I am so bad at putting appointments off! Wish they'd have checked when I made this appointment mind but I'm not worried it meant I could go and see a couple of the guys I work with for a few hours.

I work with adults with learning disabilities who live independently and I support them to do day to day things like the shopping/cooking/managing their budgets etc and I have to admit I have missed seeing them whilst I've been off work. Popped in to see two of my gorgeous service users and thoroughly enjoyed listening to what they've been up to for the past week and has made me realise how much I love my job!

Looking forward to getting the book later this week, will let you know how I get on.

As always, good thoughts being sent your way! We're going to do this :D

Paula x

Hope your optician survived! lol! I just feel sorry for any dentists we have to encounter!!! picked up some strips from the pharmacy today which will hopefully lessen the rank taste in my mouth as well! 10lbs off for me today in my first weigh in!!! I'm so happy I think I'm posting it in every reply I make, sorry if I've been bombarding you all with it I just feel so chuffed!!!

Don't be sorry for keep posting it... Hold your head up high and proud!! Well done x x

Thanks ladies! It's great you love your job so much Paula, I don't quite get the same job satisfaction from car sales - I'm not quite Arthur Daley tho! Sheepskin jackets aren't my thing!

Back