PaulaJ's LT TFR Diary Started 06/01/11

Well done Paula.. I hope the pharmacy agree with your loss or even make it more!!

You have done really well.. Good luck with weigh in later x x x

hey hope you had a decent nights sleep :) hope the scales match :) x

10lbs off! :D:D:D

The doctor was really happy with my progress and doesn't want to see me until 2nd Feb and as the losses on his scales vs my home scales are so similar we decided between us that I will use my home scales for official weigh in, so going to stick with 9.5lbs.

I am happy about this because when I weigh at home, it's 1st thing in the morning before shower and no "artificial" pounds from clothing! PMSL :D

I had a bit of a wobble when I got back, started slipping back in to my old ways and felt like treating myself after weigh in... to an EGG of all things!! I decided I'd have my shake first and see how I felt before munching into it, I cooked it and everything - I was so intent on having it! Anyway, had my shake and decided afterwards I didn't want the damn egg, I can't believe this :D LT is so good for me. I'm going to do it this time!!!

Just going to update my sig, sending positive thoughts to all of you! Thanks so much for your support xxx

I am happy about this because when I weigh at home, it's 1st thing in the morning before shower and no "artificial" pounds from clothing! PMSL :D

haha im the exact same!! fantastic well done for you on the loss this week yaaay :)

And also well done on not eating that egg....and seriously..an egg?? :D pmsl

glad you pushed through,,its funny how many people actually make the food and then go... i dont need this! i used to think it would be a waste,,but i know its pure willpower and determination that makes you say no at that very moment so well done :)

hope the rest of the day goes well x

Wow Paula, well done babes Im so pleased for you!! When you said egg I was thinking its a little early for easter eggs?? Till you said you cooked it pmsl I wonder how many people on other diets would consider an egg a treat hehehe. Roll on week two you could be a stone down in two weeks huni !!

Fantastic loss Paula .. Well done hunni x x x

Well done Paula and I can totally relate to your egg craving! They're my favourite food and my idea of heaven is a couple of boiled eggs and soldiers.......well done for resisting x

Last edited:
Nice one Paula, I always used to reward myself after WW or SW, sully isn't it! Well
Done on not having the egg! I picked up a cherry coke today, but put it down and walked away! Yay me!

Thanks everyone!

Cherrycoke - exactly what I did on ww, used to go and buy a huge bag of crisps or chocolate and tell myself I'd claw the points back throughout the week! lol it's not a very healthy mindset really is it?! Going to try & get myself out of that habit as I'll probably be following ww again towards the end of my journey :)

Daisy - I saw easter eggs on sale on new years day! They've got mini eggs/creme eggs all on offer next to the till in my local co op! Ridiculous lol I'm finding it a bit odd that I'm craving a boiled egg over a chocolate egg but am going to roll with it :D

Scarymovie - a jam butty?? Cor I haven't had one of those in 20 years lol! Gotta be one of the worst things to cheat on with LT, think of all those carbs, sugar and citric acid ;) have an egg! PMSL (obviously don't... you're doing fab!)

Sandra - ohhhhh I didn't think of the soldiers too! Going to imagine the taste... pretend I've eaten it and then move on with that one, it's just not worth it is it? lol One day, when I'm better, I might even start eating boiled egg and soldiers more regularly... quite a healthy and filling brekkie! :) Are you able to eat them at the moment? Go on, TREAT YOURSELF pmsl!

xx

After I had done the refeed I ate boiled eggs and soldiers nearly every night for a week! Still have them if Paul is going to be late and I don't have to cook for him.

You may find that you don't want the sweet stuff again, I never had any sweet cravings, I wanted Parma ham, eventually gave into that one, ate about 3 slices and then didn't fancy it anymore; and eggs!

I'm doing the new ww pp plan, only started on Monday so it's all a bit new, there's a few of us doing it on the maintenance forum so I'm in good company! It's going to take a bit longer to lose my last few lbs than it would on LT but at least I'm leading a normal life again, there is nothing normal about LT:cry:

Whats the new pp like Sandra? Like Paula I think I'll still need some accountability and will join ww (again!) when I'm at goal, are there loads more points this time? sounds heaven!!! I posted it on another thread but Well Done Paula!!! bet you're chuffed, it is hard to get out of the mindset of pointless eating. Straight after weighing at ww on a Tues night I used to have a blowout tea like a takeaway as my "treat" for losing weight thinking "it'll come off again by next Tues" wtf!!! thats not learning anything!!! People who don't understand tfr seem to think this isn't teaching us anything, people in work say stoopid stuff which goes over my head, but at the end of the day I will hopefully have trained myself to realise when I am hungry and when I'm just fancying something or being greedy! Stuff them all, I will be in that wedding dress looking hot!!!

I'm getting a bit sick of people making judgements about this diet and giving me "advice" too, not on here obviously but in "real life" lol

Why do people butt in when its none of their business? They all seem to know what's best for me and saying LT is unhealthy and "I know someone who did LT and lost 5 stone and now they're heavier than before" etc. What they don't know is how desperate the situation is and how I cannot control myself on a "healthy eating plan" or any other diet for that matter. I have chosen to do LT because I think it will work for me! I haven't entered into it lightly either... I've talked in depth with my doctor about this and taken the time to understand how it works rather than just doing it on whim as a new years resolution ~only to cheat on the first day! I am also taking some time out from food to concentrate on changing my bad habits and am determined to get back some control :) I know I have a problem and I am addressing it, leave me alone! lol

Stuff 'em all Claire, you WILL look stunning on your wedding day and for the rest of your life, they'll all still be miserable with their yo yo dieting forever until they do their research and focus on themselves for a change! Bit of a rant there :giggle: but ya know... it's all true!

Gonna go check out your diary now, you definitely sound like you're "in the zone" with me :D

xx

I know! The first thing everyone says is 'but won't you put it all on again when you finish it? I just say obviously if I go back to eating what I ate before then yes! I'm not an idiot- you can't gain weight unless you eat too much, just like you can't lose it unless you eat less.
People who lose weight conventionally at ww also regain weight, so there really isn't much comparison.
Everyone on here seems to have their head screwed on and totally understands what will happen when the weight is lost so I ditto what you say Paula-screw them :)
By the way, 9.5 lb-- woooo!! Here's to the same in week 2!!

It's so true isn't it??

I do hate the way people think that if someone is overweight then they are an idiot. We all KNOW why we're overweight, we all KNOW that we need to eat less and exercise more, we all KNOW that we eat too much and yet people are happy to dish out the advice when they have been slim all their lives or have lost half a stone doing this diet or that diet. My last ww leader was like that, she'd lost half a stone on ww before becoming a leader and was super slim... I mean come on! She was always full of stories of how she "cheated" at the weekend well she could probably afford to because she didn't have a weight problem in the first place!

Anyway, no more ranting... I promise?? haha xx

Rant away lovelies, if we do it on here then it saves our families getting earache! There's one woman in work who, every morning, relishes in asking me if I'm still on it, she's just waiting for me to say no so she can gloat, mind your own business!!! She's a size 8 with a totally unhealthy exercise habit, delights in telling us how she hardly eats and has a thinning hair problem coz we all know she was borderline anorexic a few years ago, who's the one with a problem???!!!! I have such faith in us all, even though Im knackered Im still in the zone!!! ?

yaayy im glad were all in the zone lol!

a girl i was friends with until recently gave me so much grief telling me ill just put it all back on again etc etc... i told her to shove it seeing as she was trying to lose 10 pounds by eating rice cakes only! like im going to listen to her!

Some people are just ridiculous! I dont know if theyre jealous deep down or what but some people just dont want you to change, even if it is for the better.. those people are better out of your life than in anyway.

Thankfully its a new year and i did a little spring clean of friends lol,, as we dont need negative people in our lives!... I am so so thankful to all the special people in my life who believe in me! My best friend who i saw in glasgow at new year told me recently that she would always support me whatever i wanted to do if it was to improve my life. She said, " if you dont do it this time, ill support you the next time, and if you dont do it then ill support you the following time. and if you dont do it then ill keep supporting you".

These are the people we need in our lives :) .. gosh im ranting but it feels good lol!

Anyway.... all the silly non believers :D can shove off.... but im really interested to see which of them jump on the bandwagon once im done..:) and i can honestly say i cannot wait to show them that i was right and they were wrong! it will give me such satisfaction.. as im sure you will all agree!! :)

WE WILL SHOW THEM :) xx (rant done :) )

Whats the new pp like Sandra? Like Paula I think I'll still need some accountability and will join ww (again!) when I'm at goal, are there loads more points this time? sounds heaven!!! I posted it on another thread but Well Done Paula!!! bet you're chuffed, it is hard to get out of the mindset of pointless eating. Straight after weighing at ww on a Tues night I used to have a blowout tea like a takeaway as my "treat" for losing weight thinking "it'll come off again by next Tues" wtf!!! thats not learning anything!!! People who don't understand tfr seem to think this isn't teaching us anything, people in work say stoopid stuff which goes over my head, but at the end of the day I will hopefully have trained myself to realise when I am hungry and when I'm just fancying something or being greedy! Stuff them all, I will be in that wedding dress looking hot!!!

More points Paula yes, but it's just that things are calculated differently. I personally can't get my head around fruit having no points, not even bananas and I love fruit! I'm reserving my judgement for now but there are lots of very negative comments on the ww website and lots of people appear to have reverted back to the discovery plan.....

My sister has just had her first wi and she's lost 4lbs so she's well chuffed, don't think that I'll be quite that lucky as I don't have much to lose and I haven't so much as overeaten at all since.......August! Virtually no alcohol either, even over Xmas. God I'm boring........

Back