Paul's Diary - Im Back To Recreate My Past Successes on CD - AGAIN !!

isn't it strange how hard it is to lose then when you eat you put on so easily?? don't worry hun, am sure now you are back on you will probably have a big weight loss this week, don't forget most of those lbs might be retained water, you will be fine, atleast you had a fab birthday! ... :)

Paul try not to worry too much you won't have gained 10lb of fat, most of that will be water and glycogen. Hope you have a fantastic holiday.

I think I have read you can't gain more than 2 lbs of fat per week, so it can't be all fat. 4 lbs of water, the rest glycogen and whatever there is in your digestive system.

Enjoy your holiday and don't think of the weight too much. Have fun!

Hey Paul, just echoing what others have said. Most likely that at least 8 f those 10lbs are water and glycogen and you can have that off in a matter of days when you get back into ketosis. Don't worry :) xxx

Hi paul - I' sure after another 7 days on SS you will lose it. Who knows it may have given your body a boost in the long run!

I am finishing CD - Happy with me now.

OK, after a lot of thinking, I have made a decision. I am now stopping The Cambridge Diet and am now concentrating on maintaining my weight by eating healthily. I know I could do the food plans on CD but they look too restricting for what I want. Since I have been on Cambridge Diet I am gone from 22 st down to 16 stone, gone from (I think was) 4XL to XL clothes sizes, and now I am happy with how I look now at 16 stone, and I feel its just time now that I need to start eating normally (but healthily). But who knows, knowing me, Ill change my mind and be back in a few days ... but at least I know if I need or want to I can come back to CD anytime. I cannot say enough of how CD has not only changed my life but saved my life, quite literally. As Ive said before in this diary, before this diet, I must of been a prime candidate for a heart attack, I couldnt walk to the end of the road without being out of breath and weasy whereas now, I can walk for over an hour and be fine. I can now buy clothes in shops ! I can not express enough thanks to The Cambridge Diet itself and my CDC, as without them I wouldnt of been able to do it at all. Also thanks to this board for all the motivating comments and for the friendship. Well, its down to maintaining now, some say this is the hardest part, so who knows I may be back here sooner than I think. Anyway, goodluck to everybody. Bye Bye for now.

I will leave you with one last sentence.

For any newbies thinking of doing this diet ..... JUST GO FOR IT !!!

After an extended break ....

Well, I am back to doing CD, mainly because when I stopped before to start maintenance, I kind of went straight back to my old eating habits without doing the CD "introducing food" stages (That'll teach me!) and gained some weight (more than I wanted to.) And another reason, is that with the encouragement of my CDC I have sent an application in for The Slimmer Of The Year (SOTY) (hoping for an Inspiration award, doubt if Ill get SOTY) Will keep you informed of how it goes. Anyhow, I am just finishing my 2nd week on SS, didnt find it too bad starting back actually, much easier than I thought it would be. Next week I think Ill be on SS+ though. My aim now is to get back down to 16 stones (or maybe a bit below) and then start on the food stages. Im happy to stop at 15 or 16 stones so aiming to finish the food stages by the time I get to almost 15 stones, I think, but Ill see how it goes. I may incorporate a bit of exercise this time around, although I dont consider this the second time being on CD, I just consider this as carrying on after a break (as after 7 months on CD, I needed a break from it.)

Last edited:
Just to clear the confusion ...

As even I get a bit confused about this I think I better clarify something again. I weigh myself first thing in the morning, it is my Wednesday morning weigh-in that I record on here. However, my CDC's scales are roughly half a stone heavier than my scales, I think mainly because I weigh on these in the evenings. So, my goal is to get to 15 st 7 lbs on my scales (the numbers I record on here) which will mean 16 st on my CDC scales. I am going to do SS or SS+ until I get to 16 stones (hopefully between middle Nov and start Dec) then I can start the food stages at beginning Dec and finish the CDC in time for Xmas :D:D.

Hi there Paul, only just read your diary this evening, and while it would have been nicer if you had gone off in the distant land of maintenance it's nice to have you around again (we love seeing you but we want you to be a success IYKWIM!! LOL).

Very best of luck with getting to goal and maintaining it. I know you will do it this time, now you have learned from where you went wrong and have an extra incentive to get there. Hopefully this time you will tackle the fight not to go back to your old eating habits. Will watch with interest as it is something that worries me too. Doing CD is fairly straight forward, cracking maintenance is the toughie, so I wish you all the very best of luck and support.

CAN I DO IT AGAIN ? I HOPE SO.

Wow, its been ages (again) since I wrote in this diary. Bit depressed at the mo. Heres why. Before I originally started CD I was nearly 23 stone. I managed to get down to 15 st 3 lbs, and I got an "Inspiration" award from the Cambridge Awards 2008. Unfortunately I had to stop the diet. mainly due to money, before I wanted to stop it, and unfortunately I went back to my old eating habits not caring what I ate (big mistake) I am now back up to 18 st 10 lbs :eek::eek::eek:.
However, I am going to try and get back on the diet today. Thing is, Ive still got money problems (but, who hasnt !?), Ive got a baby daughter on the way (due any day now, literally), and a few other worries on my mind at the minute, including job worries. But Ive got to try to stay focused on the diet, because if I fall off the wagon again this time, I dont think Ill be able to start it again, as Its doing my head in. I could go onto other diets or go to the CD food plans until my wories are gone, but to be honest, I dont want to, I want to stick with SS+ because of the speed the weight comes off. I have a few events coming up that I want to be slim and fit for so at least I have them as focus. The first time I done CD, I kept this diary updated and in turn all your comments kept me motivated so I am hoping, again, they will keep me motivated, so please keep them comments coming. Anyway, please wish me luck - Im gonna need it !

Hiya Paul.
I was dieting with CD last September and along with two of my team mates on here, I was doing ever so well.... However.. gastric bug, followed by circumstances followed by many other excuses meant that I well and truly fell off the wagon.... I put all my weight back on... and felt really low.
Like you i popped on and off cd for a while.. but it didn't feel right... I think sometimes your body needs to completely re-adjust back to noraml eating before you give CD a go again (but maybe thats just my excuse)
This time, I have more motivation in my life, and yet not one single event... Paul you can do it... you lost an amazing amount of weight before... yes you can look back with regret (my two teamies are at goal now - and one is going to be my new CDC!) But instead of regrets we just have to look forward and be positive!
You have learned a huge lesson... in fact a few... but firstly you know it works!! And secondly you know that no matter what point you come off the diet, you must do some maintenence....
Just think of your beautiful baby.... in 1 yr she will need chasing every where... and you WILL be fit enough to chase her...
I too have money worries, am going through a seperation, and have a few other uncertainties in my life but Paul none of those things can get in the way unless you allow them too!!!
I am gonna do it... and so are you!!!
And good luck with the arrival of your daughter.. plan ahead now, for the first few weeks of hectic lifestyle!!

Re-re-re-re-restart !

Back again with another restart on the Cambridge Diet. Ive got 2 motivational goals. Im the "best man" at my mates wedding at end of October, so want to look my best there, and my holiday end August. However, the thoughts of them 2 things still do not stop me from thinking of food, especially when the tummy starts rumbling and I get that hungry feeling. On my last successful stint with CD I went from 23 st something down to 15 st 3 (Im sure I put this before in my diary) and I thought "oh, I can do the rest of this i.e maintaining on my own, just exercise and eat healthily. Except I didnt exercise and I didnt eat healthily, I just ate how I did before. And now Im back to 20 st 9 (on my scales, here we go again!) But I am really hoping I can stick to this re-start as all I keep thinking about is how such a waste of time, effort and money the last time was to only put this weight back on again. Besides, I need to be able to fit in a nice suit for this "best man" gig ! So once again, wish me luck (Im gonna need it, as its harder re-starting) and I'll let you know of my losses (hopefully) each week. :D

Best of luck Paul, I hope you crack it :)

Good luck with ya re-start paul, with 2 goals to aim for i'm sure this time you'll get there, I know how you feel as i'm back on the cd wagon and restarting monday. But think when you have goals like weddings and holidays to aim for, it does help alot:eek:

Back to re-create my past success on CD.

It seems as if every time I post on here to say "I'm back" I do not get a chance to physically start it due to one thing or another. However, this time will be different because I have now got some more shakes etc.. from my councillor, and I now have no stresses (none out of the ordinary anyway.) Last time I got down to 15-3. This time, at the minute I will be chuffed to bits to get back down to 16 stone and then I will re-evaluate it all. Im aiming to get as low as I can for xmas - Not sure if it will be possible to get into the 16's at all by xmas now Ive got around 4 stones to lose (but Im gonna give it a damn good try !) And the other difference from last time is:
when I do get to my goal - This time I will make sure I stay there, somehow. Its all about changing my eating habits, so I need to start getting my thinking hat on. As before, I will keep you posted about my journey in this diary, so please keep giving me your feedback as last time that really kept me going by reading all of them. Wish me luck .... Im probably gonna need it :D.

Back